View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "Make ______ Appear!"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:10 pm 
Emperor Penguin

What do you guys say if someone walks up to you in school and asks you to make something appear?

"Make a dove appear like that guy on TV!"

"Make an elephant appear right now!"

"Make ____ appear!"

:?
-Vinnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:35 pm 
born to perform.

I would say.....ummmmm......... I don't know, sorry! :? :idea: well, if you have a trick in your pocket than say "Well I can't make that appear but I could do this!" (then perform the effect) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:41 pm 
Penguin

Spec - "Make a giraffe appear right now!"

Magician - "I will, if you make yourself DISAPPEAR first."

Post subject: Re: "Make ______ Appear!"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:33 pm 
born to perform.

Spec: "Make ____ appear!"

Me: "I will...tomorrow"

(just make sure you don't have a show next day :wink:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:58 pm 
Penguin

I usually just do this:

SPEC: Make a Bicycle appear!
ME:Okay *I pull out a deck of Bicycle cards*

I carry a bag of tiny oars with me for an effect,
SPEC: Make a million dollars appear!
ME: A million Doll-oars on its way and *poof* I reach into my pocket and produce a million doll-oars (not a milion but a lot)

SPEC: MAke _________________ Appear dammit!
ME: I was going to do another effect first if that's fine with you.
SPEC: URRRRGGGHHH FINE!
ME:Okay, I'm going to break a golden rule of magic, by telling you what I'm Going to do, fine, here we go, I'm going to magicially teleport. *I perform the Goodbye vanish {Actually I just get them to close their eyes while I silently sneak away telling the others specs to *shh*} ANd when/if the others tell him where I went, I'm already levitating up to 6 feet off the ground in that area using my own levitation (available from taylorpwns.com for $1million) they forget alla bout the appearing thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:03 pm 
Penguin

Here's something to think about; the word "disappear"! I can't help but correct anyone who refers to "disappear" as magical. Technically, magicians do not make anything appear or disappear magically. It is that they produce and vanish onjects, items and living things.

How does one make something appear magical anyhow? And when something appears from no-where, did it actually exist before hand?

When something appears and disappears it still exists. When something is produced, made invisible or vanished, it's existance is controlled by the magician.

So the expected grammer from a spectator is usually not "Can you magically produce an elephant?" or "Can you vanish my friend here?", rather than "disappearing".

Last edited by spadesy on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: "Make ______ Appear!"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:57 am 
born to perform.

TimurY wrote:
Spec: "Make ____ appear!"

Me: "I will...tomorrow"

(just make sure you don't have a show next day :wink:)

Actually you can go to school the next day. When they ask you to do it say.

"I said I'll do it tomorrow"

and just say that everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:17 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
spadesy wrote:
Here's something to think about. I can't help but correct anyone who refers to "disappear" as magical. Technically, magicians do not make anything appear or disappear magically. It is that they produce and vanish onjects, items and living things.

How does one make something appear magical anyhow? And when something appears from no-where, did it actually exist before hand?

When something appears and disappears it still exists. When something is produced or vanished, it existance is controlled by the magician.

So the correct grammer is "Can you magically produce an elephant?" or "Can you vanish my friend here?"

do you get beat up a lot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:05 pm 
Penguin

SmokingMonkey wrote:
spadesy wrote:
Here's something to think about. I can't help but correct anyone who refers to "disappear" as magical. Technically, magicians do not make anything appear or disappear magically. It is that they produce and vanish onjects, items and living things.

When something appears and disappears it still exists. When something is produced or vanished, it existance is controlled by the magician.

So the correct grammer is "Can you magically produce an elephant?" or "Can you vanish my friend here?"

lol that is hilarious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:44 pm 
Penguin

SmokingMonkey wrote:
spadesy wrote:

:/

Sorry about that. It's only a theory related to the topic title, and I don't actually say it to spectators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:18 pm 
Team Penguin

I was with a few friends one time and one of the asked me to make a truck appear...feeling a little irritated I told him "okay"..."now just close your eyes" when he did I slapped him in the face...everyone found it funny but a little rude and now nobody asks me to make stupid stuff to appear...and if they do I just tell them to close their eyes....they remember what happened to the other guy and decide they don't wanna see it anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:21 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
I was with a few friends one time and one of the asked me to make a truck appear...feeling a little irritated I told him "okay"..."now just close your eyes" when he did I slapped him in the face...everyone found it funny but a little rude and now nobody asks me to make stupid stuff to appear...and if they do I just tell them to close their eyes....they remember what happened to the other guy and decide they don't wanna see it anymore.

You slapped him? Slapped? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:23 pm 
born to perform.

draven616 wrote:
KyletheGreat wrote:

Thay were his friends :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:33 pm 
born to perform.

fspigeon wrote:
draven616 wrote:
KyletheGreat wrote:

Thay were his friends :D

That was my point, lol, knee him in the balls or something :lol: take the chance whenever u have it lol. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:48 am 
Team Penguin

I wanted to get a metophorical point accross...not by kneeing in the balls...that would have pissed him off. just a slap...it stung but stapped hurting shortly unlike the balls would have. He was pissed for a second until he finally put everything together...then it was okay.