View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Outs for LONG routines
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:13 am 
Penguin

Hi All,
I'm in the midst of learning "Sam the Bellhop". I have the moves 99.9% of the time, but as we all know, the occasional mistake happens. The trouble is, that its such a long routine, that if you make a mistake in the middle you're really in trouble.
Does anyone have any suggestions (besides the obvious "practice till you have it 100%), to deal with a potential mistake in a long routine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:15 am 
Emperor Penguin

well there are a couple of thing you can do.

-if you know the card, but screwed up the effect. Try turning it in to a different effect. Then if possible later in the show try performing it again.

-If you dont know the card, and messed up, but still know where the card is, control it to the top or bottom. Continue with another effect.

-If you dont know the card, and lost it in the deck, turn this one into a little breather, a joke. Act like you screwed up, and they will think on purpose, or that its at least funny. Make it like a test for them, Show them "their" card, when they say no, you reply 'just making sure'

just some ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:34 am 
Penguin

That is a bit difficult in Sam the Bellhop, which requires you to know the next card in order to continue the story. If you make a mistake and any single card gets out of order in any of the shuffles, then you are really stuck. You wont know what the next card up is, and therefore you cant continue the story. And when you're 3 minutes into a storyline, I could see this being very awkward.

Anyone here perform STB?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:37 am 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah, i only have performed it once. I dont know what to do when thats screwed. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:46 am 
Team Penguin

I used to perform it a lot. As long as you keep the deck in order...you should know where all the cards are. If one happens to get out of place during a shuffle...simply throw it down and improvise...then find yourself back on the correct track again. Just make sure to omit that card from a later part of the story. This happened to me a time or two.