View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Magic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:30 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a white room, With black curtains, At the Station
magic |?majik| noun the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces : do you believe in magic? | suddenly, as if by magic, the doors start to open. • mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment. • a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, esp. in a way that gives delight : the magic of the theater. • informal something that has such a quality : their seaside town is pure magic. adjective 1 used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers : a magic wand. • [ attrib. ] very effective in producing results, esp. desired ones : confidence is the magic ingredient needed to spark recovery. 2 informal wonderful; exciting : what a magic moment. verb ( magicked , magicking ) [ trans. ] move, change, or create by or as if by magic : he must have been magicked out of the car at the precise second it exploded. PHRASES like magic remarkably effectively or rapidly : it repels rain like magic. ORIGIN late Middle English (also in the sense [a magical procedure] ): from Old French magique, from Latin magicus (adjective), late Latin magica (noun), from Greek magik? (tekhn?) ‘(art of) a magus’ : magi were regarded as magicians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:32 pm 
born to perform.

mag·ic Audio pronunciation of "magic" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mjk)
n.

1. The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural.
1. The practice of using charms, spells, or rituals to attempt to produce supernatural effects or control events in nature.
2. The charms, spells, and rituals so used.
3. The exercise of sleight of hand or conjuring for entertainment.
4. A mysterious quality of enchantment: “For me the names of those men breathed the magic of the past” (Max Beerbohm).

adj.

1. Of, relating to, or invoking the supernatural: “stubborn unlaid ghost/That breaks his magic chains at curfew time” (John Milton).
2. Possessing distinctive qualities that produce unaccountable or baffling effects.

tr.v. mag·icked, mag·ick·ing, mag·ics

To produce or make by or as if by magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:32 pm 
born to perform.

mag·ic Audio pronunciation of "magic" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mjk)
n.

1. The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural.
1. The practice of using charms, spells, or rituals to attempt to produce supernatural effects or control events in nature.
2. The charms, spells, and rituals so used.
3. The exercise of sleight of hand or conjuring for entertainment.
4. A mysterious quality of enchantment: “For me the names of those men breathed the magic of the past” (Max Beerbohm).

adj.

1. Of, relating to, or invoking the supernatural: “stubborn unlaid ghost/That breaks his magic chains at curfew time” (John Milton).
2. Possessing distinctive qualities that produce unaccountable or baffling effects.

tr.v. mag·icked, mag·ick·ing, mag·ics

To produce or make by or as if by magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

sorry for the double post

any way I thought you guys wold like this, its just the def of magic, from 2 dictionaries

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:49 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Not an essay and it took two posts to get this down. Something that anyone could have looked up. And probably already been posted. I see no real point. But thats just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

I know its not as much of an essay, I didnt know were to post it, its just a little friendly post that might be intresting to some one