View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: vernet soft TT
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:47 pm 
Penguin

what skin color is the soft TT cause i have like a light-medium brown skin and i want to know the color before i go out and buy it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The color really doesn't matter. You could use a pink flourescent TT, and still, if you practice, no one will see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:22 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
The color really doesn't matter. You could use a pink flourescent TT, and still, if you practice, no one will see.

I hate this standard answer when someone asks about the color of a TT.
You can use one of any color and no one will notice...HOWEVER, it limits your movements and, regardless of how much practice you've put into it, it also increases your odds of getting caught. By having one that closely matches your skin tone, you can point your fingertips toward your audience and show your hands completely empty without any suspicious moves.

If the color didn't matter, they wouldn't make all the different shades of TT; nor would they make them with nails and wrinkles and pores. If you want to limit your movements, you can use a flourescent pink TT. But don't say it doesn't matter...because that's an ignorant statement. The color of the TT does, in fact, have some value/use to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:09 pm 
Penguin

RadioRob wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

I hate this standard answer when someone asks about the color of a TT.
You can use one of any color and no one will notice...HOWEVER, it limits your movements and, regardless of how much practice you've put into it, it also increases your odds of getting caught. By having one that closely matches your skin tone, you can point your fingertips toward your audience and show your hands completely empty without any suspicious moves.

If the color didn't matter, they wouldn't make all the different shades of TT; nor would they make them with nails and wrinkles and pores. If you want to limit your movements, you can use a flourescent pink TT. But don't say it doesn't matter...because that's an ignorant statement. The color of the TT does, in fact, have some value/use to it.

And just how many TTs do you know of that have different skin tones intentionally? The Vernet soft is just fine, MUCH better than a pink TT, heh. And the reason that they make them with different amounts of wrinkles/nails is to make the consumer think that there is a great difference; in other words, MONEY. Now our friend wants to be successful and spend as little as possible (I would imagine), and the soft TT is perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:29 pm 
born to perform.

comododragon wrote:
the TT is a TT, it slides on :O

comododragon wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
LMFAO, you're a little dork. what are you 8? omg those pictures suck A S S!!!!!!

Something wrong with the camera? ya you dont know how to [edited] use it, lmao this made my day.. little creepy bastard.

That was totally uncalled for.
bckid wrote:
did you even realize what you put on when you got up?
dude Jeans with a suit top and white shoes [edited] were you thinking?
matthieu wrote:
Nice pics.

Just a detail - I'd make sure both feet were fully in the picture, and not cut off. I don't really care what the shoe color is, but I would make sure the whole body's in the picture, unless it's an obvious close-up.

Just curious: what do you plan to use these for? Website? Flyer? Handout?
alexshlaferman wrote:
it doesnt look odd at all..
magikrn wrote:
you need to do something about them shoes :D
alexshlaferman wrote:
some of them came out messed up, because something was wrong with the camera, im going to reshoot some of them later on, first one is my favorite.
rippedandrestored35 wrote:
Lance Burton is a fanatic magician. I loved his performance in Vegas. His tricks are deceptive and brilliant. He sent me an autograph in the mail like I requested. He is a very good guy. His show is worth every penny! He is the magician I look up to. I find it great that he would send back autographs and even sign a playing card that I sent!!! All in all it was the best show I have seen yet. I hope he gets his name passed on like Houdini did!!
Lance Burton is a fanatic magician. I loved his performance in Vegas. His tricks are deceptiva and brilliant. He sent me an autograph in the mail like I requested. He is a very good guy. His show is worth every penny! He is the magician I look up to. I find it great that he would send back autographs and even sign a playing card that I sent!!! All in all it was the best show I have seen yet. I hope he gets his name passed on like Houdini did!!

hehehehehehe
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
LMFAO, you're a little dork. what are you 8? omg those pictures suck A S S!!!!!!

Something wrong with the camera? ya you dont know how to [edited] use it, lmao this made my day.. little creepy bastard.

LMAO, thanks daddio!

Someone's looking to get banned, hmm?

:D yep im such a badass! im gonna be banned! ohhh no, please no... I only ever stole 567 choclatebars!
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

:D yep im such a badass! im gonna be banned! ohhh no, please no... I only ever stole 567 choclatebars!
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:
genetony wrote:
comododragon wrote:

LMAO, thanks daddio!

what is all the quoting 4??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:53 pm 
born to perform.

He's just being an a$$hole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:04 am 
born to perform.

AbeG85 wrote:
And just how many TTs do you know of that have different skin tones intentionally? The Vernet soft is just fine, MUCH better than a pink TT, heh. And the reason that they make them with different amounts of wrinkles/nails is to make the consumer think that there is a great difference; in other words, MONEY. Now our friend wants to be successful and spend as little as possible (I would imagine), and the soft TT is perfect.

I know quite a few. I don't know where you're at; but if you ever go to Daytona, Florida; walk into Daytona Magic and ask to see their TTs. You'll be surprised at the variety there. Metal ones, plastic ones, vinyl ones, rubber ones...all with every conceivable skin tone you can think of. Shoot, I've got one made from PVC that is extremely realistic. So much so that it has pores and you can apply makeup to it to match your skin tone.

I have a few of the Vernet softs and I have to agree with you that they are PERFECT. They don't match my skin tone, but I use them constantly. They are soft enough to be a comfortable fit, but firm enough to do bill switches and cigarette vanishes and other things normally done with a harder TT. Additionally, it has a slightly larger load than other standar TTs; so it gives you more room to work with in vanishing and procuding various items. It's a wise choice in a TT; regardless of skin tone.
...But don't say that the color of the TT doesn't matter. Because, depending on how you wish to utilize it and your skill level, it is an important factor.

I've been doing TT magic for years and never leave home without at least two on me somewhere. I have several different types and brands and shades, (though the Vernet Soft is my favorite). They don't all match my skintone, but even though I've never gotten caught, I still feel more at ease with the ones that are closer to my skin tone. That comfort may increase the confidence in a young magician just starting out. For that reason alone, the color of the TT can be effective and important.

I just hate it when people answer someone asking a question about skin tone on a TT with a comment about how it can be bright green or fire engine red or whatever. Sure it can...to a seasoned TT worker. But not to everyone utilizing TTs and not even for all applications for a seasoned TT worker. It's a mean, arrogant and ignorant statement and it sets me off every time I read/hear it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:39 pm 
Penguin

TT color doesnt matter. TT's used to be made of silver. Most times aluminum foil too. Have you ever seen michael ammar lecture? He lectures with a red TT on. Bill Palmer Lectures with a Bright Green TT on. TT's where made with a flesh color because to many magicians became lazy and didnt want to hide the thing. I use just a regular soft vernet all the time, But it is never seen. In fact, at the magic shop I use a black TT. I have never been caught with it once. TT's are never supposed to be seen. Just keep that in mind when you practice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:38 pm 
Emperor Penguin

When I started doing TT work, I painted my bright blue. I did this to increase my skill with it. After practicing for awhile, I went out and performed with it, and was not caught once. The reason for this is that the color doesn't matter.

Personally, I like performing with a TT that doesn't match my skin color, just because I'm more careful, and I don't get lazy with it.

RadioRob- You can call my comment whatever you want, but it stands to be true. I know this from personal expierence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:48 am 
Penguin

If you are working your TT correctly, you can in fact use a vibrant pink colored one.

I forget the magician who originally proved this, but he was doing a lecture and showed many TT tricks with a pink one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:13 pm 
Penguin

uhh... the vernet soft is... a little darker than my skin tone to answer the original question... maybe dark tan(ish)? It is hard to express colors in text though. Good thumbtip though. I have never gotten caught on it.