View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cigarette Magic w/ Lit Cigarette?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:20 pm 
Penguin

Okay, so i posted originally in the Street Magic forum, but I decided that cigarette magic posts would fit better in the close-up magic.
So Anyway, the criss angel episode party, his cigarette routine. Here is the link again...http://youtube.com/watch?v=f0keGHHtum8
I ordered The encyclopedia of cigarette tricks, because of all the good stuff I have heard about it. I have been researching some stuff about cigarette sleights, but everything i have seen are all palming type things. So it made me think how is criss angel doing this with a lit cigarette? Does the Encyclopedia teach you the sleights to do the vanishes and such, with a lit cigarette?

Thanks alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Check out your other post on this.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:37 am 
Penguin

There are not many posts on this topic, in fact i found none on my specific question. I am competent enough to know to use the search engine.

anyway, any ANSWERS would be appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

JohnBurra wrote:
There are not many posts on this topic, in fact I found none on my specific question. I am competent enough to know to use the search engine.

anyway, any ANSWERS would be appreciated

I'm talking about the other post YOU started on this topic.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:19 pm 
Penguin

It is not the same topic, dont reply back if you are going to be an arrogant jerk off. Show some respect, I have questions and I know there are alot of knowledgeable people on these fourms. This particular topic "Wayno" is about sleights with a LIT cigarette. how do you not get burned when palming and ect. If i would of thought of the question when i wrote the other topic, I would of included it.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

JohnBurra wrote:
It is not the same topic, dont reply back if you are going to be an arrogant jerk off. Show some respect, I have questions and I know there are alot of knowledgeable people on these fourms. This particular topic "Wayno" is about sleights with a LIT cigarette. how do you not get burned when palming and ect. If I would of thought of the question when I wrote the other topic, I would of included it.

Thank you.

There's no reason to get all bothered by what he said. Just ease up a little.

Check out Andrew Mayne's Shock Magic DVD. It shows you the basic concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:50 am 
Penguin

My apologies Wayno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:46 am 
Emperor Penguin

JohnBurra wrote:
It is not the same topic, dont reply back if you are going to be an arrogant jerk off. Show some respect

FUC* YOU! :roll:

I'm done helping you. I spent a good deal of time answering your questions in the other thread. YOU show some respect you whiny idiot. I have a good mind to erase that post, except there's deserving people out there who can make use of the advice and info I gave.

As for others reading this post and are interested in help with your "lit" cigarette magic. As I mentioned in the other post JohnBurra made....

Wayno wrote:
"The video was pretty poor but Criss' entire routine seemed to revolve around thumb palms, false transfers, and tongue palming.

The best resource right now is Keith Clarke's Encyclopedia of Cigarette Magic."

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:53 am 
Emperor Penguin

Sorry about that last post. I had your post loaded from last night and responded this morning without refreshing the topic. Appology acepted. :lol:

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:49 pm 
Penguin

There are fake cigarettes available that look like they are lit. Other than no smoke and smell and more healthy :wink: they are the real thing.
I did not see the show you are talking about, but if you are using cig manipulation and want the illusion of a burning cig, that is an option. I did not search Penguin to see if they carry them, but I did find some listed elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:48 am 
Penguin

you can try darwins encyclopedia for the TT as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:19 am 
Emperor Penguin

Khuldrin wrote:
There are fake cigarettes available that look like they are lit. Other than no smoke and smell and more healthy :wink: they are the real thing.
I did not see the show you are talking about, but if you are using cig manipulation and want the illusion of a burning cig, that is an option. I did not search Penguin to see if they carry them, but I did find some listed elsewhere.

There's plenty of magic that can be done with lit cigarettes that you don't need any fake cigarettes.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:10 am 
Penguin

Quote:
There's plenty of magic that can be done with lit cigarettes that you don't need any fake cigarettes.

Very true, though with the prices of smokes these days, I would rather practice with the fake ones since the tobacco does not loosen, fall apart, then break. Once the sleights are known and a routine is established, then move into dress rehearsal using the real cigs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You can also just snap a pencil in half and use that for practice, seeing as how they are the same size and shape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:38 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Khuldrin wrote:
Quote:

Very true, though with the prices of smokes these days, I would rather practice with the fake ones since the tobacco does not loosen, fall apart, then break.

I've never had that problem. And if you smoke, practice for a couple minutes before having a smoke and (surprise) light the one you were just practicing with.

8)