View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:12 pm 
Penguin

I usually do 2 card monte and card in potato chip bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:33 pm 
Penguin

I usually do some impromptu card effects and then really get them by making their card appear in a sealed bag of chips. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:41 pm 
born to perform.

Well I would try to do some impromtu effects untill you learn how to handle the hecklers. When you learnd how to deal with hecklers then bring out the gimmicks. I hope this helps and if people ask to do a trick but you don't want to, do like a "Trick Joke" if that makes any sense. I don't mean magic trick, but a joke. And for the PK ring.....I'd like to ask a question about that. People my age don't normally wear rings. So if I get the PK ring, people will more likely know something is fishy with the ring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:21 am 
Penguin

The gimmicks help achieve the effects. The effects help achieve the experience, and/or purpose. YOU achieve the reactions.

Just words for thought, I can't really recommend anything other than some thoughts.

Great reactions are good and fine, but do you really want "amazement" or "amusement?"

|| Tempest ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:09 pm 
Penguin

river dancer i love your little emote with death and the smiley :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:27 pm 
Penguin

basically i bend metal ins school...i am known for a metal bending guy in school....haha...ya..and i totally agree with some of you....no gimmciks in sch...haha

maxibe
MAXmagic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:36 pm 
Penguin

If you want one sick [edited] of a trick get the b-2 bomber pen through dollar. Penetrate their school work immediatly when they get mad and they say what you do that for! Tell em I felt like it pull it out, and there ain't no hole. http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=754 watch the video

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:34 am 
Penguin

all good answers, but you all forgot the easiest one that has always got me a sweet reaction! The invisible deck, it gets the best reaction possible. I have had kids screaming and running away using it. It is a great great investement!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:01 pm 
Penguin

I would recommend learning sleights. I use Synergy all the time and I made a version of it where you are clean in the end. (for dealing with hecklers) I don't know if that trick is still on penguin but you can give it a search. I would also recommend Born To Perform. The teaching is excellent and the tricks are very powerful. I like the ACR a lot and I use the Ultimate Transpo all the time. They are great for school. Purchase Xtreme Beginnerz. I hear that it is a good DVD (I don't personally have it but I plan to purchase it) Card Manipulation just plain looks cool. And some of the moves that you learn are great for your card magic. I use Generation Extreme. It requires a good knowledge of cards before buying but it is good. Brian's teaching is as good as Oz's IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:43 pm 
Penguin

cards are banned at my school so i use alot of coin tricks. i use the raven during class and do some sleights. during lunch i do spun and liquid metal. when im in the halls i do sts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:31 pm 
Penguin

if you are looking fore som good close up gimmick youse you'r hands learn to manipulate olmost every object :D if you'r a slighte og hand magician no one can come and say, '' you got som thing on your thumb'' :wink:

Last edited by kallx on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:48 pm 
Penguin

no gimmicks for school...

You will be heckled on EVERY trick... so gimmicks will get caught...

the only gimmick I would suggest is a TT... but don't use it to vanish stuff... use it for switches and the like, and always build in an apportunity to ditch the TT before you finish the effect, or offer yourself to be heckled and violated.

I would suggest learning some good sleights... ones that don't leave you dirty at the end (i.e. vanish a coin... but bring it back quickly, so you are not stuck to be heckled).

Also... I know it gets a bum wrap... but the balducci is still a very effective impromptu illusion. Only do it for one or two people, in a secluded area... and perform it... once every 3 months... if not once EVER... and never again. :lol: All you need is 2 people telling everybody... "HE FLOATED OFF THE GROUND!!!!!"... you don't need to prove it again for more people... the story will speak for itself.

you get my point? don't use gimmicks that are the focus of the trick... like pen-thru bills. I don't see a problem with bite-out quarter... as long has you have a quick switch planned, and only do it once, and never again for the same people.

Impromptu... sleights... versitile-non-focused gimmicks (like TT)... and sleights.

oh yeah... and sleights.

and again... you don't need to be performing tricks all the time... for everybody. Rely on a reputation. People talk about what they have seen you do... and if you do tricks sparingly... and NOT EVERY DAY... then you don't get caught, and you get a solid rep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:57 pm 
Penguin

cfirwin3 you are so right. slights are the best were ever you are. but the TT work's good to. and here is some thing slights are only good if you are (traning)