View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What to do for the UFO flying card trick?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am 
Penguin

I perform this trick at school, where some people say "There is a string there. I know it. I'm not stupid"
How can I prove them wrong? I let them examine the card, and their like" It's there. You just hid it.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:07 am 
Penguin

I don't know if this would make them stop saying that, but you could say I had one but the wheel fell off. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:02 am 
born to perform.

i dont get that at all.

Welcome to school performances. I used to perform at school before i started getting paid for performance. I Dont perform anymore unless specifically asked. You cant stop kids in school saying that, they will believe what they want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:02 pm 

It's in your handling of the effect. I have done this surrounded in many circumstances and not been caught. Some people will assume that, but when you have confidence and just hand them the card, you're set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:34 pm 
Penguin

also, while im doin it, people will reach out and grab the card while its floating. i feel like beating them up... also, some people who found out how it works follow me around and whenever i show someone, they say "ALL HE DOES IS ___________ ITS SO STUPID " how can i get rid of them? I tell them that they already know the trick, but other dont, so why ruin the trick for them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:36 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
It's in your handling of the effect. I have done this surrounded in many circumstances and not been caught. Some people will assume that, but when you have confidence and just hand them the card, you're set.

people just assume it. and no matter what I do, they're like "U HAV A FRIKEN STRING!!!! ITS SOOOOO FAKE!!!!" but other more mature people are like "wow, thats pretty cool. how do you do that?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:20 pm 
Penguin

i have had this happen many a time. if its possible, just stealthily detach the string and hand it to them. If not, depending on where you anchor the string you can lift the card up so the string goes slack and wave your hand above and below.

also, try doing the trick a bit differently. instead of completely lifting it rest it in your hand and make it gradually stand on end. For some reason this seems more believable to the audiences.

Post subject: dude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:42 pm 
Penguin

what the freakin crap i hate it when people do that oh my god!

Post subject: Re: dude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

streetmagicmaster wrote:
what the freakin crap i hate it when people do that oh my god!

That means your not ready to perform it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:37 am 
Penguin

The problem is also that the Hummer card has been soooo overused and over posted in areas like you tube as to lose the impact of the effect. Conversely, those that use Steve Fearson's method with items such as gum, paper, or other light objects ( using cigarettes in school is not acceptible ) have the item float through circled hands, proving effectively that there is no string. I use this method almost exclusively with IT, and can tell you from years of experience that it gets the best reactions hands down.

Just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:07 am 
Emperor Penguin

I have not had any problem performing the hummer/ufo.

I have control of the audience, and there are ways to show there is no thread attached.

So I will disagree on it being over used. Just seems that way to magicians.

People love it when I perform it. Close nit, or for a show, at a party or just on the spot. I have even performed it with people as close as 2 feet, had no problem.

You have to put a lot in to this effet, but its darn worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:42 pm 
Penguin

ya it totally on how you did and stuff. I just do it for a few friend, but b4 i do that trick i did some different trick that totaly blow they mind. Just give them some believed in magic first, in this way i can select out some heckler too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

quangvo wrote:
ya it totally on how you did and stuff. I just do it for a few friend, but b4 i do that trick i did some different trick that totaly blow they mind. Just give them some believed in magic first, in this way i can select out some heckler too

Umm... what? Sorry, but it sounds like you could offer some fair advice, but unfortunately I can't understand a word you just typed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

adjones wrote:
quangvo wrote:

Umm... what? Sorry, but it sounds like you could offer some fair advice, but unfortunately I can't understand a word you just typed.

He said that B4 he did trick that make blown minds go wowowy, he done did that card float to there people and heckled them at.