View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: THE BEST WAY TO FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH A TRICK
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:21 pm 
Penguin

Ok first of all the first priority is how good you are at doing the trick. The second proiority is your audience. Screw the audience! The main goal is to perform the trick not what the audience think. Fukc them! Hecklers have A LOT of nerve. If they heckle you, and they reveal one of your tricks, use their own weapon. You ask the heckler "how bout' you show us a trick!" You got a dekc, and you give them the deck, for his trick. Then while you are by them heckle them, touch the cards in their hand and nod your head with ignorance and say "no, no, no this is how the pros do it" If they try to heckle you, just back away, and stop the magic trick right away, and tell him that magic is too sophisticated for you. Of course that is only in moderate places. On stage, you must try to be nice, that is a different thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:27 pm 
Penguin

Be fluid, be flattery, don't change your facial expression, keep a smile on! See! :D See! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I think that is some of the worst advice ever. The first prioirty is not the effect. You could have the greatest effect ever, and present it in a stupid way, no one is going to like it.

The main goal is to entertain the audience. With out that, you have nothing.

And trying to show up a heckler is a waste of time. It makes you look like a jerk. The best way is to either say something witty. Get the audience back on your side.

If you don't change your facial expression, you look fake. I don't smile during a lot of the effects I do. If I did, I would look like a psycho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I would have to agree with fallingblood. The audience comes first. Then presentation would be a very close next. Since if your presentation sucks the audience wont be pleased.

What is the point of performing for them, if you dont care about them. Thats just plain stupid. Every true entertainer knows that the audience is what counts. If you dont care about them, then why should they bother to give you their hard earned money.

My facial expression is ever changing, i am not some freak. Expression have a lot of power.

And when it comes to hecklers, just ignore them, if you show that they bother you then they are winning. Dont go down to their level, it makes you no better. if you keep at it and approach it right, the audience will get tired of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:04 am 
born to perform.

the audience is your one and only priority. If you dont please them say goodbye to all bookings. The audience and what they think is the reason magic exists as a form of ENTERTAINMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:53 am 
born to perform.

Magic is not about slogging through a sequence of moves, "pulling off a trick". Unfortunately that is the way many guides teach magic. If you go through the motions in front of an audience and they don't catch you out, you may feel you have succeeded. Young magicians are particularly susceptible to this, but I think it applies to beginners generally.