View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:26 pm 
born to perform.

i di the balducci and a girl thought i grabbed an invisible pole in mid air and pulled myself up.

*she has never seen the balducci levitation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:32 pm 
Penguin

when i do the criss angel levetation people say i jump. im like, ok smart a$$ you jump in slow motion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:05 pm 
born to perform.

one time when i was doing cups and balls this one guy thought there was holes in the cups but then i let him look at them....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:21 am 
Penguin

This just happened to me this weekend. I was in the mountains with colleagues fom work. Arriving on some mountain we were sitting there in this tavern and someone asked me to do some magic. All we had was poker cards, not the newest but bicycle, the edges kinda worn out, the cards still did fan not too badly though. Surrounded by people I decided to do some 3 card monte, 2 card monte, and ACR. Thing was, this one woman from the management had really good eyes and very soon she spotted my DL. During the routines I ignored her comments, pushing on with the routine and then did the killer 2 card monte hoping she would forget what she'd seen but she didn't. So when I was done she asked again "But you showed us the top two cards right? That's the only logical explanation!" All I could think of was smile and say "Hmm, interesting... I could try that some time."
Whaddyathink?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:42 am 
born to perform.

Learn a wider variety of routines using more different sleights. Don't ever use a sleight if someone's already suspicious of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:39 pm 
born to perform.

haha i did sponge balls in school once. i would always blow on my hand before they vanished or multiplied or whatever. Some kid was like "it's gotta be air activated man!" then i did it without blowing on my hands, and i did it in his hands, and everyone flipped out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:49 pm 
Penguin

I did a really simple trick with a memorized deck where I told them what card they picked. A girl figured the secret was with a magical deck, so I gave her the deck telling her she couldn't do it. She let someone pick a card and put it back. She guessed "4 of Hearts!" and somehow got it right! That's real magic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:52 pm 
born to perform.

mxpx64001 wrote:
when I do the criss angel levetation people say I jump. im like, ok smart a$$ you jump in slow motion.

LOL!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:53 pm 
Penguin

I work with some strange people. :? I did the balducci and one of my sales ladies thought it had something to do with my religion.
On another occasion we where cutting down old balloons from a sale. These balloons are filled with a spray linning (along with helium) to help them last longer. I learned that if I just nip the tied end, it would deflate very slowly. So doing this, I let the balloon float up to our 30' cealing.
A differant (and I mean differant) sales lady said "way to go". I said "No sweat, I'm a magician"! I raised my hands expectantly. Nothing at first. She laughed. :? Now I rubbed my hands and tried again. Finaly the dumb thing started to sink.
With her mouth hanging open she said "I don't believe it"! LOL.
After she regained herself she asked in a very serious manner "So, is this done by generating enough static between you and the cealing"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:58 pm 
Penguin

Some people have no common sense.

I once back-palmed a card, and was accused of putting it up my sleeve.

...I was wearing a short sleeved-shirt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:31 pm 
Penguin

I love it when I hear that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:40 pm 
Penguin

i did bite out of quarter and someone thought it was a magnet someone else thought there was super strechy invisible bands in it lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:26 am 
born to perform.

Well I did Fraud to two girls in my class and then when another girl gave me another dollar another day they wanted me to do it. One girl said she knew how it was done and I got worried she told a freind and tehy came back. Then one of them said "Gee Brandon.. maybe get it wet?" I laughed and wet the bill and shwoed it didnt work and they were disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:35 am 
born to perform.

MagicSpark wrote:
I did bite out of quarter and someone thought it was a magnet someone else thought there was super strechy invisible bands in it lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :?

Sorry, why is this a ridiculous explanation? They suspected a gimmicked quarter with something to hold it together. Sounds dangerously accurate to me, you need to work on a presentation that rules it out or directs away from that explanation more effectively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:08 pm 
Penguin

I did STS to a friend of mine and he said: "Whatever you had strings in your hand attached to your shoelaces and tied them with the strings!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next