View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:14 pm 
Penguin

Gotta jump in on this one.

My opinion (my own personal belief that no one has to agree with), Penn and Teller and excellent magicians and incredible performers.
Their style has been crafted over years but they have always kept their silly style, not taking anything seriously and using their fame and show's to speak on topics they want to (which most famous people do anyways).
Maybe I like them because most of their views I agree with. But they are hysterical.
My show now is loosely based on Penn and Teller's early shows and effects. Its me and my sound guy doing a 2 man bit.
When all is said and done I really feel that Penn and Teller will go down as a classic of magic. Just like Siegfried and Roy, even if you don't like them they headlined Vegas for years and are beloved by near every one who met them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:28 pm 
Penguin

kraynik wrote:
I hate penn and teller. They have a bad attitude about magic and theyre killing it when they give away all of the secrets to all of their effects (i.e. cups and balls, driving a truck over teller, etc,). They arent funny and they're always talking about how the magic castle is angry at them for giving away the secrets. "Oh look at us, we're so rebellious!" Those are exactly the guys you'd see hosting the breaking the magicians code specials.

P.S. Their promotion of atheism is NOT cool

They are The. Best. Magicians. Ever Period. They bring a level of comedy into magic that most magicians could only dream of, They can do big stage spectacle right up to one on one close up. They have a unique take on magic and their cups and balls with clear plastic cups is a gem. It doesn't spoil the trick because they do it alltogether too quickly for you to follow, And I'm sure they'd never host a breaking the magicians code special because they are better than that. They just throw in a glimmer of explanation so people can appreciate that what they do is illusion, and appreciate the quality of what they don't explain. And I don't see how their religious views are even remotely relevent. They are entitled to their beliefs (Or lack of them), and entitled to talk about them how they wish. Just as you're entitled to say you dissagree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

But can they do the cups and balls like this? :lol:

I think Penn and Teller are great performers, and I couldn't care less about their religious views. Being atheist has nothing to do with performing magic well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:33 pm 
born to perform.

P&T are awesome. That is why they have their own show on showtime and we don't.

P.S. Did they actually get kicked out of the magic castle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:25 am 
Penguin

i dont really care that pen and teller give away secrets, i do but i dont care majorly. They are hilarious. And very talented

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:52 am 
Penguin

I'm not a big fan of their's. The exposure is a turn off to me and I agree that they have a condescending attitude towards their audience. I saw a few of their BS show and it was more of the same. Suspending disbelief is everything in magic and when someone exposes classic tricks like cups and balls I personally don't see any justification.

:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:31 am 
Penguin

cspace11 wrote:
i like penn and teller's show bull s***. that show is hilarious.

love it
that show combines magic, comedy, and science.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 am 
Penguin

I haven’t had the privilege to see that much of their stage performances, or pretty much any magic they perform in general. This isn’t bashing them, I just haven’t been to Vegas to see a live show, and I don’t know of any Magic performances they might have on DVD or anything other than their Bullsh*t show. Although the one effect I really do enjoy watching is their Bullet Catch routine, I absolutely love it. I would really like to see a full performance, but until I can find a live performance DVD or any other format to watch a whole act, I can only comment on the one effect I’ve seen, the Bullet Catch as well as a few of the old stage effects that they expose the secrets to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:14 am 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
But can they do the cups and balls like this? :lol:

that guys amazing, first time I saw that vid I was speechless... I wonder how much he had to practice to get that good...?