View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:07 pm 
Penguin

jamesjay1 wrote:
...Uses humor, stops the pestering, and allows you to either continue or finish the act.

Or lets you make a quick $20...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:24 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
Otrex wrote:

Or lets you make a quick $20...

...'tis true, 'tis true.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:59 pm 
Penguin

the first time i ever got a trick was the hummingbird card and i walked around all day at work doing it(i work at a golf course) and everyone saw me just don't do it more than once when their paying attention and another thing never call it a trick because then people start to look for the trick just say hey do you want to see some magic :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:22 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah I completely agree with not calling it a trick, that is a HUGE mistake that so many magicians fall into, not just new ones but even pros. If people are given a puzzle they try to solve it, if food they taste it, if a trick they try to outsmart it, and magic they are mystified by it, so remember that. Don't make them want to solve it, make them enjoy it.

And if you have a person pressuring you to do something again tell them something like "why rnt you smart enough to figure it out the first time" and then they'll be like "no" to try to c it again, so then say "well then you probably won't ever figure it out so maybe you'll get this one, its even easier." And once they try to get you to show that one again say the same thing, and then say you have an even simpler trick that they will def figure out, but really you are doing better and better tricks in your routine.

You could also go with the first time's entertainment, the second's a lesson line, but that doesn't work quite as well with those types of people.

But the easiest is to do what I usually do and flat out ignore them and do whatever you wanted to do anyway, whether its another trick or nothing. They only ask you to repeat it again so many times, usually three, but only up to like about 6r7 times, and those r the real hardcore people. So mostly just be the controlling person in the group. Every group has one person who kind of influences the other people and controls the subject of the conversation and stuff so be that person by not giving control to someone else, then you can repeat or not repeat. Some people are intimidating, but don't worry all they can do is keep asking and you can say no everytime.

Btw, some stuff can be repeated, but its a terrible idea really because the trick isnt as good when repeated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:23 pm 
Penguin

From the incredible Willy Wonka:

"I'm sorry, I'm a little deaf in this ear... you'll have to speak much louder"

and then continue on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:55 pm 
Penguin

Sorry, I am allowed to only do it once in a row. (watch the look on their face as they attempt to puzzle out what was just said)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:22 pm 
born to perform.

Khuldrin wrote:
Sorry, I am allowed to only do it once in a row. (watch the look on their face as they attempt to puzzle out what was just said)

I like that!

And the Willy Wonka quote, another great one is, "I'm sorry, but all questions must be submitted in writing. And so...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:59 pm 
Penguin

I have the Raven and when people ask me to make the nickel "dissapear" again, ill say, "no, lemme make it shrink." then i will do that. After that, i will make the coin dissapear and they will try to get smart and ask me to do it again so they can try to see something. That's when i say "How can i do it if i made it dissapear and i can't find it?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:59 pm 
Penguin

I have the Raven and when people ask me to make the nickel "dissapear" again, ill say, "no, lemme make it shrink." then i will do that. After that, i will make the coin dissapear and they will try to get smart and ask me to do it again so they can try to see something. That's when i say "How can i do it if i made it dissapear and i can't find it?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:30 pm 
Penguin

Depends what effect it is, if you have no chance of being caught again then I will do it a second time but only twice, When you think about it if you havel ik 5 parts to an ACR routine than actually you are doing the same trick 5 times if you are making it jump to the top or too their hand...I don't mind doing it twice if it freaks them out and I know I won't be caught, you just have to control your audience...If they get outta hand I will just say thanks and stop doing magic to them all together if I can't control them...For example...drunk people grabbing at cards or saying show me that card and reaching for it or anyting like that...

Post subject: Re: dont do a trick twice for the same person?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

jOhNmIdNiGhT wrote:
I did tricks at school today and people kept wanting to do the same trick over and over but I told them I couldnt...because your not suppose to repeat a trick. so I went on showing just a few other tricks..how do I tell people that I cannot repeat a trick? usually they get mad when I say that I cant show them again.

thanks,

John

Mr. G tries very hard not to do a trick twise for the same person. If they say "do that again" or "show my friend" i'll show ;them another trick. however if i am at a party, and sometimes you will have people that like to follow you areound, because they are amazed by your magic, then i might do a trick i already showed that person to another crowed, and that person will see it, but i generally don't do a trick more then once.

however, if somebody asks to see crazy man's handcuffs, i will do that as many times as they want, becuase it is imposibble to figure out.
so, expections appy, but for 99% of tricks, i only do them once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:32 pm 
Penguin

Keep talking so they have no room to talk. if they talk, ignore them and start talking with someone in the crowd off topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:22 am 
Penguin

"Dude I'm serious, it's worse than a union it's a guild, A GUILD I tell you. They don't slap wrists in a guild."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:19 pm 
born to perform.

the_amazing_boz wrote:
"Dude I'm serious, it's worse than a union it's a guild, A GUILD I tell you. They don't slap wrists in a guild."

I LOVE that one! That works great for my group. I'm gonna use that!