View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:48 pm 
Penguin

chteo wrote:
If I'm not wrong...the soft one is slightly longer so it contains a bit more storage space.
And Bill switches are easily done with the soft TT too.

Really?
I have always gone with the hard ones because I have heard from many people that the soft ones don't 'release' bills as smoothly and quickly as the hard ones do (i.e. the harder plastic is smoother with less friction).

I do several special bill switches (two that are big on the market right now) that require the bill to move VERY quickly out of and into the TT... and one requires the bill to be 'force-wedged' into the TT (the rim acts to bend the bill on the force). On one of the effects, the creator of the effect actually states that the hard TT is better for this reason.

Do you feel that this could be accomplished with the soft?
Because personally, I hate that stupid shine that comes with use on the hard ones. (I use a dish-scrub pad to dull the TT, but the shine comes back after 3 or 4 days in my pocket).

and concerning the shine not being noticeable with proper use...
humbug... there are many effects that call for the TT to be shown in a direct point in order to establish crystal clear emptyness... and the shine is noticable in that moment.

Post subject: how
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:40 am 
Penguin

how often do u get caught out with a tt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:12 pm 
born to perform.

Hmmm..in my personal opinion...for bill switch the soft vernet is fine with me. I've done it with the hard TT and the release is so much easier and faster. But then again the soft one gets the job done for me.

And yes there is that nuisance shine on the hard TT. If you are not confident of keeping it pointed at the audience, then i would suggest either keep the hand moving (i like Darwin's wave), or do it against the light or under dimmer conditions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:02 pm 
Penguin

Actually... in spite of my complaints with the shine that develops on the hard TT... I have never been caught with it... and I am comfortable pointing it at the audience.

My issue with the shine is more personal than it is a real problem. If there is something better out there, I am always willing to try. However, if the soft does not handle bills as well as the hard, then I will just stick with the hard because I use my TT's mostly for bill changes.