View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best DVD is . . .
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:02 am 
born to perform.

Ok one of my good friends has a teacher who teaches him magic and stuff. And him and justin miller along with a whole bunch of other great magicians have this new DVD at penguin called Live at the Jailhouse. It looks great for any restaurant magician. it is 80 dollars but it teaches you how to get dressed and get paid and what tricks and everything. It is the newest item at penguin as of now.

Last edited by bendini on Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:32 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
The DVD looks like a bunch of over-priced common sense in video format.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:49 am 
Penguin

The DVD looks good but 80 is alot of money.
I have worked a the resturant scene for a while so I'm not sure how much new stuff they are going to tell me that I havent allready learned from experince.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:09 am 
Penguin

my set is currently on its way. The people on the cafe that currently own it are giving it rave reviews.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:51 pm 
Penguin

Ineresting how you guys want to be so quick to judge something..when you have not even seen it yet!!
$80 is for 3 dvd's..not one.
I can GUARANTEE you that even if you have been performing 20 yrs at rest. you will STILL walk away from this set more experienced and with a better arsenal than before. IF you are in rest. magic or if you are wanting to get into this field, then you would be just be hurting yourself if you did not get this project..But if you have no interest in this line of work then this will do nothing for you!
I STAND BY THIS ONE 100%
Merry Christmas,
Justin N. Miller
(over 80 yrs of experiance on this dvd set)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:54 pm 
born to perform.

JustinMiller wrote:
Ineresting how you guys want to be so quick to judge something..when you have not even seen it yet!!
$80 is for 3 dvd's..not one.
I can GUARANTEE you that even if you have been performing 20 yrs at rest. you will STILL walk away from this set more experienced and with a better arsenal than before. IF you are in rest. magic or if you are wanting to get into this field, then you would be just be hurting yourself if you did not get this project..But if you have no interest in this line of work then this will do nothing for you!
I STAND BY THIS ONE 100%
Merry Christmas,
Justin N. Miller
(over 80 yrs of experiance on this dvd set)
Justin are you gonna get back in magic !?!?! I hope so because so much talent and it would be a waste not to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:18 pm 
Penguin

Whoa there Justin.
I actually just ordered the DVD set.
I was not saying it was bad. I can't judge what I havent seen. I was just trying to decide if the DVD was going to teach me anything I have not allready learned. Then I relized that I almost always learn something new from a DVD (most notiably the performance pieces) so I wen't ahead and ordered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:10 pm 

SmokingMonkey wrote:
The DVD looks like a bunch of over-priced common sense in video format.

and space_ghost15 wrote.
Quote:
The DVD looks good but 80 is alot of money.
I have worked a the resturant scene for a while so I'm not sure how much new stuff they are going to tell me that I havent allready learned from experince.

Hey guys, you're right. Don't buy this set it is too expensive. Especially if you want to remain at the level you're at right now. If you want to learn real magic and what the real world is like it is worth well over $100. The $80 price is a bargin for what you get if you want to improve.

But like the monkey said it's just common sense. My question Monkey is why is you have so much common sense, why the edited aren't you rich?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:28 am 
Penguin

My fav part is having a old quote used when I posted again on the same topic reversing a bit on my orginal statement.
Oh well Paddy strikes again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:33 pm 

space_ghost15 wrote:
My fav part is having a old quote used when I posted again on the same topic reversing a bit on my orginal statement.
Oh well Paddy strikes again.

I know, I bit you in that comment too. The one I was after was Monkey with his "common sense" crap. All you said was that $80 is a lot of money, which it is. However, with Koz producing a DVD I will guarantee that if you follow what he says you will succeed.

I met him and worked with him when he was in Cincinnati and Koz is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He will show you how to add that extra kick to make whatever you are doing better. Plus if you ask him he will go out of his way to teach you effects that are reputation makers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:44 pm 
Penguin

Its cool paddy. I all ready have my copy ordered (yet from a diffrent site the penguin). Not that I didnt want to give them my money but I was putting in a order for a effect on a diffrent site and decided to just group everything together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:41 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
paddy wrote:
But like the monkey said it's just common sense. My question Monkey is why is you have so much common sense, why the edited aren't you rich?

Are you implying that common sense is the only obstacle to becoming rich?

However, to answer your question, I am not "rich" because of Amnesty International, the plummeting value of the dollar, increased scrutiny of child labour and the internet bubble bursting a few years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:32 pm 
Penguin

the dvd set is worth it plus kozmo is the best. I live right by him and the jailhouse if your serious about restaurant magic this is a great dvd set to learn from. it covers all areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:26 pm 
born to perform.

I've viewed this DVD set and find it irritating that all of the magicians on the DVD seem to contradict each other. One says help the guest with whatever they need, another says don't help them, get a waiter to help them....This is just ONE example, off the top of my head. Now, before anyone starts in on this, I realize that you have 4 differentmagicians with 4 different performing styles, and you pretty much have to find your own style and go with that. THis DVD is in no way meant to be a "Do-As-I-Do" DVD. But merely a source to give you some ideas on what to do and how to go about doing it. What works for them, may not work for you, and what works for you, may not have ever worked for them.