View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:07 pm 
Penguin

Like I said, you did a good job covering yourself.
The fact is that you did exactly what the lady in your story did.
Since you know your doing it, doesn't that make you worse?

You've been raised under 3 different organized religions: So. What's your point? You parents couldn't pick one. If anything, this supports the fact that you haven't been sufficiently instructed in any of them to form a generalizing opinion about them.

Which religions? Just curious.

Post subject: Re: I liked it
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:17 pm 
Penguin

Manic_B wrote:
jamesthejunky wrote:

Note: let me point out that Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Catholics are not Christians.

Eh? Why aren't these groups Christians? They believe in the one God and that Jesus Christ was his son who came to earth and died for us that our sins may be forgiven. Is there another definition?

These groups also require other criteria to be met for the person to enter heaven. Where as Biblical Christianity requires beliefe alone.

They also have major differences in theology with Christianity.

These groups are the literal definition of cults. Cults being religious organizations springing from Christianity, and preaching a deluded/contaminated form of it.

P.S. Most mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus was the Son of God. They consider him the final prophet, but not actually deity himself.

If you have additional questions, please PM them (So we don't bother anyone).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

You consider Catholicism a cult?

You may want to consider that your religion was once a splinter group off Catholicism.

Also, technically a cult doesn't have to have sprung off Christianity. Look at Scientology.

Post subject: well said
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:22 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
If you have additional questions, please PM them (So we don't bother anyone).

Well said James.. This man wrote an essay in this thread and we are ruining it by posting our junk. I say unless anyone is about to post about what they think of this mans essay then dont post like we have mistakenly done. So Im for the same.. Ill answer anything by pm here. Well anyway a good essay that clearly sparked my interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:33 pm 
Penguin

As Wicked said, good essay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:08 am 
born to perform.

The late Dr. David Hoy once said, "People believe what they want to believe."

I think that sums it up.

Post subject: Well done!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:06 pm 
Penguin

You've done a really good job with this. This is a topic that've I've experienced a little (just a little) bit first hand. I've had some encounters with people who feel that magic is something a Christian like myself shouldn't be doing. None of them were extreme about it, nor mean, they just told me they thought I was heading in the wrong direction. :) As has been said though, I think it's just the fear of the unknown that gets to them.

Anyway, like I said, nicely done. I enjoy a good long essay like this. It's a great way to stimulate the mind.

---

@ Wicked_Magic: A lot of what you've said has peaked my interest. If you're willing, I'd love to hear more about what you've been through (what religions you grew up in, what you've seen and heard and so on). Keep in mind I'm not a religious person either; in fact, I hate religion. I would never "bash" you, as it's been put, about anything. I just enjoy a good story and little bit of discussion now and then. If you'd be willing to share your story with me, please PM me. ;)