View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:25 pm 
born to perform.

he bugs you hu? tell that fat fu#$er to shut up or you'll pull another rabbit out your hat and shuve it straight up his @$$!!

(...use the line at your own risk*! )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:25 pm 
Penguin

One time my friend called me a geek for doing magic and tried revealing my trick in front of everyone, so i said "Lemme insert my foot into your *** and make it dissapear" I kicked him in the butt and he fell on the ground and everyone started laughing at him. Now he doesnt come near me when i am doing my magic :)

Post subject: Friends
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:02 am 
Penguin

My friends all say im cool cuz i do magic. They certainly do not think it is "geeky".

Thank you,
Liquidfork

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:31 am 
Penguin

Try sending the conversation this way

Him-"magicians are geeks!!!"

you-"and?"

let him come up with a fallowing argument

you-"and?"

he will realize that his words don't affect you and get turned off by the idea of continuing to heckle you.. Plus it pisses people off...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:56 am 
Penguin

Frawley_the_great wrote:
Try sending the conversation this way

Him-"magicians are geeks!!!"

you-"and?"

let him come up with a fallowing argument

you-"and?"

he will realize that his words don't affect you and get turned off by the idea of continuing to heckle you.. Plus it pisses people off...

And? :wink:

So simple it sounds like it will work.

Post subject: Re: Friends
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:48 am 
Penguin

lolx wrote:
My friends all say im cool cuz I do magic. They certainly do not think it is "geeky".

Thank you,
Liquidfork

theres a differrence between geeks and nerds, nerds are fat unsocial morons, geeks are just anything that dosent fit under the normal category geeky can still be cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

"Let us analyze that word a moment. It was first coined in the pages of MAD Magazine; the original spelling was K-N-U-R-D. "K'NURD" is DRUNK spelled backward.

"Therefore, if magicians are the opposite of drunks, that makes us SOBER.

"I wonder how many HE had to get so loud in public?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:41 pm 
born to perform.

Then there's Woody Allen's favorite comeback:

"What do you mean?"

You can keep using it against every reply until he goes nuts, if you like. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:15 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well I was thinking about it but, I like your moms house
AndyCL wrote:
Just use the old line "IT takes one to know one." That ought to shut him up! :lol:

That line would most likely make the person make fun of you more
No offense or anything but think of somthing thats not so immature

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:49 pm 
Penguin

Some of the kids at my school are like magic is Edited. And then when i show them a trick they go how did you do that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:21 pm 
born to perform.

jfox1111 wrote:
Some of the kids at my school are like magic is Edited. And then when i show them a trick they go how did you do that

Tell them that if it's Edited, they should have a better chance of understanding it then :)

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:54 pm 
Penguin

My teacher(very cool only gives good advice) tells you to say something so random that they will think you're utterly insane and NEVER talk to you ever again. Like "no thanks, FRANK!!!!(scream it at top of your longs) I have already had a banana today... Mind if I borrow some sugar?"

I've made kids stop talking to me with that one...
but luckily I'm a nerd but not the kind that repels people, and I'm a pretty nice and happy guy so people enjoy my company, AKA great for magic tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

julian1000 wrote:
My teacher(very cool only gives good advice) tells you to say something so random that they will think you're utterly insane and NEVER talk to you ever again. Like "no thanks, FRANK!!!!(scream it at top of your longs) I have already had a banana today... Mind if I borrow some sugar?"

I've made kids stop talking to me with that one...
but luckily I'm a nerd but not the kind that repels people, and I'm a pretty nice and happy guy so people enjoy my company, AKA great for magic tricks.

Man, those will get you some weird looks... I'll try them sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:56 pm 
born to perform.

I think the root of misunderstanding this whole "nerd" thing in the beginning is that most people have had that "first-grade-kids-magic-set for-your-birthday-with-the- box- that- has- the- kid -with-the-cape-and-white-gloves-and-a-top-hat-on" experience.

They get "illusions" that are childishly targeted, and as they grow up, it remains as their image of "magicians" and "magic".

Therefore, they always stick to the stereotype, and say magic is homosexual and that magicians are nerds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

cameronb wrote:
I think the root of misunderstanding this whole "nerd" thing in the beginning is that most people have had that "first-grade-kids-magic-set for-your-birthday-with-the- box- that- has- the- kid -with-the-cape-and-white-gloves-and-a-top-hat-on" experience.

They get "illusions" that are childishly targeted, and as they grow up, it remains as their image of "magicians" and "magic".

Therefore, they always stick to the stereotype, and say magic is homosexual and that magicians are nerds.

Who the heck says that?

As I stated in an earlier post similar to this. Magic is not nerdy, but the performer maybe nerdy. :?

As I have never been called a nerd for performing magic, never been looked down apon, or made fun of, and I have performed for just about every kind of person out there.

Plus many times, those who make fun of you, are either jealous (sp), or have self-esteme (sp) issues, or both.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next