View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What do you say when a heckler knows an uncle charlie trick?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:29 pm 
Penguin

There is this really annoying hecker at my school who knows one of those lame "my unlce tought me this lay'em down tricks" and thinks he's some great magician but he shouts out when ever he spots and slights, anyone know what I should say or do? This should be fun :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:35 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Bring a nail and hammer to school. Kick him in the face (as to knock him out, or atleast stun him). Pull out his lip, and hammer the nail through his lip, and into a wall. He will now only be screaming incoherent jibberish. And once he has the nail taken out, he won't mess with you anymore.

Or, you could try to perform the slieght better. Which would probably be the better idea. Also, look through this forum. This question was just asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:41 pm 
Penguin

I love your first idea, the second won't work, I perform the slights well enough but he draws attention to every movement, he is very skilled at this too, I was looking for meathods to dislodge his confidence, and thus, his nerve to attack magicians. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Insult him. It may not work for you, but if I have a heckler, I have no problem insulting them. I don't do it in a way that will make the audience hate me, but I do it as a joke. The person heckling you just wants some attention. So give it to him, but make it attention that he won't want. Then he will learn. Just don't be too hard in your insult, because if you do, you will look bad.

You can always say something witty. Like, when he tries to expose something, stop the trick and start bowing before him, saying I praise you almighty magician. Please let me know your wisdom. This will get a laugh, as it can clearly be seen that you are being sarcastic, and will give him unwanted attention, as it makes him look like a [edited].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:30 pm 
Emperor Penguin

read some other posts on this, there are plenty on this.

Stop performing around him, work on your presentation, learn some crowd control...etc...