View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

what is the best kind of magic for school
coin magic 94%  94%  [ 144 ]
handkercheif magic 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
rope magic 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 154
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:42 pm 
born to perform.

Location: a place where everyone knows your name (a long way for a cheers memory)
ring magic, rubberband magic, lunch objects (you can probably do fork bending if you dont do it too many times [they might find you and suspend you for destruction of property] because the school forks are CCCHHHHEEEAAPPPP!!!

mentalism (stigmata)

or you could bring cards and just be sneaky. i bring them like every other friday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:38 pm 
born to perform.

I agree with webosplash, except for the fork bending. You could get in big trouble if bent the schools metal forks, or you may just have plastic forks like my school.

Mentalism would be awesome for school.

I found out that i couldnt have cards at school after doing lots of card tricks before the bell rang. I still carry them with me, and it's not hard to sneek an effect at lunch or before the bell or something. If you have strict circumstances or big punishment for cards, i wouldnt advise it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:04 pm 
Penguin

i'll do scotch and soda

Post subject: STS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:03 pm 
Penguin

the self tying shoelaces will amaze ur school high skool or elementary skool i have it and people think im a wiz or sumthing

Post subject: Re: STS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:08 pm 
Penguin

pmo98 wrote:
the self tying shoelaces will amaze ur school high skool or elementary skool I have it and people think im a wiz or sumthing

Even Harry Potter knows that to be a good wizard, you gotta know how to "spell" correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:43 pm 
born to perform.

zephyrcyrus60 wrote:
if you cant bring cards, definitely coins.

theres this trick in the daniel garcia project that is, well,"the card trick with no cards". I just cant remember tha name of the trick.

its called scatter

Post subject: Coin Magic!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:04 pm 
Penguin

Coins all the way! Cards arn't banned in my school, but too many amatures who know the DL are going around so card magic has disolved into nothing. Coins are huge. I do a coin role, and I get better reactions than the ambitious card routine. Now if i apply say the striking vanish, I have a reputation made right there. Who carries ropes and silks in thier pockets any way? Coins are the only tool you will ever need in school magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:38 pm 
Penguin

I perform at school alot and i have found that there are a lot of tricks that you can do without cards.

STS ... You probably have heard of it alot, but it is pretty much impromptu and might get you a little gig before holiday break.

Two dollar window ... Its money, everyone can relate to it, easy to do, not angle sensitive, hecklers have a really hard time if you do it right, and is allowed everywhere you go.

Hummingbird card, you can float alot of things with it and it doesnt have to be cards.

I hope i helped you a little bit on your school magic ... and, try and maybe get your teachers to let you do a little magic show or something instead of just watching a movie. Good luck man ... good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:31 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
I perform at school alot and I have found that there are a lot of tricks that you can do without cards.

STS ... You probably have heard of it alot, but it is pretty much impromptu and might get you a little gig before holiday break.

Two dollar window ... Its money, everyone can relate to it, easy to do, not angle sensitive, hecklers have a really hard time if you do it right, and is allowed everywhere you go.

Hummingbird card, you can float alot of things with it and it doesnt have to be cards.

I hope I helped you a little bit on your school magic ... and, try and maybe get your teachers to let you do a little magic show or something instead of just watching a movie. Good luck man ... good luck

Just buy Bobos coin magic because they can't stop you from working with coins in school...STS is not at all impromtu and all of those effect you mentioned are gimmicked...If you want some great coin effects and impromptu effects you should definately get On the Spot by Gregory Wilson...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:50 pm 
Penguin

I know they are not impromptu, but if you have the two dollar window ready before you go to school, just pop it out and amaze them.

The STS, i dont know much about, but they say its easily resetable. So maybe you can set it up while listening to your teacher before you go on break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:34 pm 
Penguin

i say just do coin tricks but i think you should use real coins. scotch and soda is a great trick and all but i've had people take my coin and drop it witch if you have the trick then you know what will happen. coins are really impromtu and can get great reactions. i love card tricks and all but they can be alittle hard to carry around sometimes. levitation tricks are really great for school too but you do get those people who come up and grab the trick in midair if you know what i mean. the stealth pen or the b-2 bomber as other people call it is one of my favorites now so i'd try that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:21 pm 
Penguin

coin magic, its the bomb.I dont have it but I herd j.b bobob modern coin magic is a good book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

great book

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:47 pm 
Penguin

i use my lunch money to do tricks like ghost bills, etc. and then i just buy lunch because the money wasn't ripped or harmed in any way... YAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:04 pm 
Penguin

I like doing card tricks but seeing that that does not count and the people are not lay enough (they will interrupt durring a performance) i do coin tricks