View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:35 am 
Penguin

nowyouseeitmagic wrote:
Thats Funny "Dave" you say you started busking when you seventeen on your credentials you say you have been busking for a year and your 17.
Don't you think if you started busking when you were 17 and you have been doing it for a year you would be 18. Just a though. Usally people say they are only 1 year older then they really are obviously you don't. Have you ever even busked. Though your point is very good. I have to question your statment
Quote:
IFor those of you that think I am just a kid that hasn't busked and is talking somethin he doesn't even know about here is my creditials.

It funny how you say that.
What a liar.
By tthe way I am a mentalist/ That is my prediction.Tell me if I am right. I have really good cold reading skills. Picked them up in a old pamphlet I found in my library.

Thanks.

Mike at nowyouseeitmagic
Quote:

Now that's just slander. If you are going to critisize, critisize the information, not the person.

Why don't you try adding something constructive.....

A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:17 pm 
Penguin

add something constructive please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:23 am 
Penguin

i would like to hear some more from you guys

thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:26 pm 
Penguin

yeah think outside the box im working at the fair and im doing sponge balls or proffessors nightmare as my finisher and a silk vanish an escape and a card trick for my opener

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:40 pm 
Penguin

I like 3 card monte for an opener. Because it's a game it can be played as long as you need to build a crowd. The more people that start to stand around...the more others want to see what is going on so I would try to pick a group walking by of 4 or 5 first. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:47 am 
Emperor Penguin

I have a question. Has anyone tried to travel around the United States or Europe by busking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:28 am 

fallingblood wrote:
I have a question. Has anyone tried to travel around the United States or Europe by busking?

Yes there are several people I know that do that. The most famous are Gazzo and Kosmo, but there are hundreds of others.

I have a very successful restaurant and party business, but when I take a vacation I nbusk my way around where I want to go. I always make more money than the vacation costs me. One year I went from Cincinnati OH thru Chicago, Minneapolis, Over to Deadwood SD, then returned by going up to Canada and across to Windsor (Detroit) then back to Cincinnati. Took three weeks and came back with US$1500 more than I spent.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:31 am 

I think Cellini said it in one of his videos. A serious busker must travel. There's simply not enough work locally to sustain yourself. It's easy to "burn out" one area so it's best to move around to keep everything "fresh."

There's a great video about the life of busking here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:55 pm 
Penguin

the penguin cups are great too check them out and good luck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:10 pm 
born to perform.

I was about to correct your spelling ^_^

I'm Steve, I'm sixteen.

I perform for small crowds on the streets several times a week.

I find that it's incredibly effective to use a trick that may not be the best for a medium sized crowd, but one that you're good at, and is very creepy/effective, and maybe approach 1-3 people in the audience [friends, a small family, etc], and show them the routine.

There reaction of OH MY GOD, WOW, etc., will have the rest of the audience entertained.

Be sure to clearly narrate what you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I recently watched Cellini's movie on street performing (I forget the name) and I read the book The Art of Krowd Keeping (I believe that's the correct spelling) by Gazzo. I've done a couple of shows lately, but it's hard since I'm in North Dakota, and there really aren't any good places to perform here.

I have another question though. Is using mentalism for busking a good idea? I've been staying away just because I'm not quite sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:55 pm 

I suppose it would work, as long as you stuck to the basic busking pattern of building and pleasing a crowd. One-on-one work is probably out. Hoy's "Tossed out Deck" (Gazzo's version is sold here) would work after a crowd has gathered and is on your side enough not to steal the deck from you.

John Archer's "Komedy Killer" version of Kenton Knepper's "Kolossal Killer" would work beautifully in a busking situation. Look for it on the "Educating Archer" DVD. You don't need the KK wallet for his version. With some care, a Himber or similar wallet can be used instead. Once you know both tricks you'll know what I mean. You don't need to have the original KK to do Komedy Killer, but it helps and the manuscript is relatively inexpensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:45 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DaveV wrote:
I think Cellini said it in one of his videos. A serious busker must travel. There's simply not enough work locally to sustain yourself. It's easy to "burn out" one area so it's best to move around to keep everything "fresh."

There's a great video about the life of busking here

When I first started busking, one of the veterans (a human statue) was leaving town. Wasn't making hats anymore. Mine were great. The street just needed a different show.

I think the only other thing you can do other than leaving for awhile, is to come up with a different act altogether.

8)

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:33 pm 
Penguin

so what are the tricks you buskers do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:38 pm 
born to perform.

i am still not caught up on all the temanology of street magic(i am more close up)
is busking just a show on the street or what

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next