View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: so i was i was doing a routine.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:41 pm 
Penguin

.... and a little chav said i can do a card trick i was in the middle of the trick and he just yanked it out of my hand what do i do when thuis happens

thankx
magicboy24 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:51 pm 
Penguin

Don't let him. When someone says "I can do a trick" either ignore it or use one of the many lines you can find in this forum. Audience management my friend, it is one of the best skills you can have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:04 pm 
born to perform.

OK. This happens quiet often to me. Mostly I infer, that you perform at school. Many kids have a trick their favorite uncle showed them on christmas..and yadda yadda yadda. BUt you have the ablitlity to do more than "a trick" dont look at every time you perform as just "a trick"

It is more. Just look itnot it and make it actual magic. My suggestion would not to perform at school until you make that "trick" turn into magic.

When someone does that to me and tries, sometimes i'll let them, showing that poor trick, then i do a killer trick and teach him to never disrupt me agian.

Or.

Just tell him to wait until after your done your trick then give him a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Punch him in the face, and kick him underneath a table. You won't be bothered by him any longer, and you can get on with your show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:51 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
Punch him in the face, and kick him underneath a table. You won't be bothered by him any longer, and you can get on with your show.

:lol:

Or learn some control. ITs not their fault, its yours. There are many topics on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

Stop when someone says I can do a trick, pull the deck out of their reach, and say "I swear if I see one more person deal out 3 rows of 7 cards I'm gonna shoot myself" in a comedic manner. This is the typical card trick everyone knows. If they say no it's a different one, then let them show it to you in private after your performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:52 pm 
born to perform.

why you would perform to a chav i have no idea, so i say dont perform to them. Dont try any crowed control techniques either, unless you want to end up in casualty. You dont perform for chavs but if you do then you do what they say. Full Stop. Unless you are in a group bigger than them. If so, give them a good beating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:30 pm 
born to perform.

It doesn't surprise me you're from Hertfordshire, from what I've heard of the chavs there... :-)

I would suggest holding onto your cards tighter and drawing them away when they reach out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:23 pm 
born to perform.

yeh, i dont actually see many since the police started doing there jobs. Chavs are hilarious really, i used to be intimidated by them, but now im older than them im not anymore, will walk right through the middle of a group and have some smart comments to throw at them when they try and start.

Its so funny seeing a 15 year old chav with some 10 year old girl and a kid. Pathetic actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:34 am 
Penguin

When I perform and that happens, i just let him/her do the trick.i like to have fun with it and besides if its that stupid 21 thing (which it is 90% of the time) everyone will know how its done anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:50 am 
Penguin

benlewis2004 wrote:
Its so funny seeing a 15 year old chav with some 10 year old girl and a kid. Pathetic actually.

It's even better when you come across the 30 year olds chavs that still tell people to "get a hair cut". Bless 'em.

Anyway, the guy who pulled the cards out of magicboy's hands sounds like a wang. Audience control is all you can really try with people like that.