View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: PenguinMagic Now Has High Prices & Bad Service
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:12 pm 
Penguin

Hello,

First of all i leave in Europe & when PenguinMagic opens in Europe about 2 years ago i was really happy to buy more magic's since its was Shipping Free & i don't have to pay any tax on items, I have been a member here for nearly 5 years, about 3 months ago i was going to buy some new magic & i notice that Penguin Europe has been closed, i said to bad, i have to buy from us again & i wasn't happy, because from us i had to pay the shipping & tax on every magic item, anyway what i decided is instead of buying every new magic i liked, i wait till i find about 10 magics tricks & buy them together, that way at least i will save some money on shipping, today i was going to make the shopping & i was shocked with the service & prices incensement, apart from other items this is what i was going to buy:

ITR 2000 SUPER MICRO the old price was $14.95 now its $52.49
-
Sly silks was $14.95 dollars now its $35.00
-
Deluxe pen through dollar was $19.95 now its $39.38
-
The Magicians Wand was $15.99 now its $43.71
-
The Card Guard Superior was $4.95 now its $10.50
-
Jay Sankey's Metamorph was $2.95 now its $13.08
-
Purse Frame was $0.99 now its $4.38
-
Plus shipping of $11.95

I was going to spend around: $75, now the price has increased to $210 + tax, this will end up around $250, not only that, i have also notice that penguin has also made a policy that if my order is over 3 LBS there going to email me for additional shipping charges link: http://www.penguinmagic.com/shippingrates.php & they has removed the policy "ship within 24 hours or its free" I have also tried to send an email to penguin magic about this, unfortunately they didn't reply, there was also a policy that if they didn't reply with in 24 hours they will give you $20 gift, they removed that policy to..

This is the first post i made in nearly 5 years that i have been member, the incensement has been nearly triple the price & the service is hopeless, unless they change the service & arrange the prices completely i will never going to buy anything else from PenguinMagic

Last edited by butcher on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:17 pm 
born to perform.

Yes, lately I've notice that although Maxwell Murphy claims that they lowered the price on about "6000 new items" yeah maybe like a penny lol? You are right, the service here has not been good lately, but try calling them, that always helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The price raise was an accident i believe, others like myself noticed that as well. And they sort of explained that the price raise was wrong. They need to fix that part for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:25 pm 
Penguin

if you think its an accident, do you think they remove "ship today or its free" & the email policy by accident? in that case Penguin own me $20 because they didn't reply to my email, I wish you are right...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:35 pm 
Penguin

Amazing thay have also remove the 30 days money back garantiee, look at the new refund policy:

-

Refunds

It is our policy not to offer refunds unless there is defect or damage. We have this policy because we sell secrets, the value of which cannot be returned. We provide comprehensive product descriptions and videos to help you make your purchase decision carefully.

-

By any chance is this an accident to?? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:44 pm 
born to perform.

that has been the refund policy since 2002 when they opened, surely you should know that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:58 pm 
Penguin

Yeah. The refund policy was there ever since I've been on this site..

But I have to agree with the higher prices and worse service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:38 pm 
Penguin

benlewis2004 you are wrong, this is the refund policy there was from 2002 till 3 months ago, i remember more then you do, take a look & see the difference between the old policy & the new policy

--

Old Refunds Policy

We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you're not satisfied with a product you purchased from Penguin Magic, please contact customer service at customerservice@penguinmagic.com. We'll do whatever it takes to make things right, up to a full refund.

--

New Refunds Policy

It is our policy not to offer refunds unless there is defect or damage. We have this policy because we sell secrets, the value of which cannot be returned. We provide comprehensive product descriptions and videos to help you make your purchase decision carefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The refund policy is just a smart action on their part. Most likely, they had people ripping them off by returning products, after they had learned the secrets.

Penguin is a business. They are doing some new things so they can make more money. That's life. If you don't like what they are doing, buy from someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:33 am 
Penguin

I am not just complaining about the change of returns policy, i am complaining about everything, everything changed here, but some people are happy to say that they increase the prices by accident, the return policy was always like this & when i said it was never like this fallingblood telling me it was a smart action, do you think that they remove the "ship today or its free" was a smart action?? how about not replying to my email, smart action to??? hey i been here for nearly 5 years, i never complain about anything, i never return a single magic item back, but some people don't get it, Penguin Magic was not like it was 2 years ago, they increase prices, they change the return & shipping policy, they don't reply to most emails, they close down Penguin uk, not only they won't ship for free in Europe but they also increased the shipping price if the items is over 3 LBS, If you are happy with this go on keep shopping & i wish penguin got worst then this maybe you understand what i am talking about

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:43 am 
Emperor Penguin

I understand business. The "Ships today or it's free" policy was garbage. It caused problems. And it's not that they don't look at your emails, it's very possible they simply don't get them, for one of many reasons.

They are a business, they are doing changes to make more money. That's what a business is about, making money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:56 pm 
Penguin

Perhaps penguin was just in a promo mode for the past like four years.

Example: Hollywood video that opened up near me had 99 cent rentals for like 8 months from when they first moved in. Now they're booming.

Perhaps Penguin was similar...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

Well the other one was locked so I figure we must use this one to comment on now...

1.It is true Penguins Price have one up

2.The service has changed because free shipping is no longer available anylonger unless you buy alot more items.

3.More items are out of stock than ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:58 pm 
born to perform.

Didn't they say the price increase was a mistake?

$20 is not a lot of items

They do have a ton of things out of stock

DINOTECH wrote:
Well the other one was locked so I figure we must use this one to comment on now...

1.It is true Penguins Price have one up

2.The service has changed because free shipping is no longer available anylonger unless you buy alot more items.

3.More items are out of stock than ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:22 pm 
born to perform.

I agree, penguin has some changes that make it seem like the people running penguin are letting greed get the better of them. I'm sure they were making plenty of money already, but now they want more I guess. It seems to me these things have changed mainly:

Prices have gone up

Many more things are out of stock for ridicuosly long amounts of time

Those are the things that I don't think needed to change that have changed, and that are bad changes. I know penguin has every right to do whatever they want, I mean they can change to producing ripoff items like the name we do not speak of if they want to, but they were probably making good money before these changes, so they shouldn't be all greedy.

I can understand the change in return policy, its hard to believe it wasn't the way it is now from the start. But the rest seems to just be people running Penguin wanting more money, which there is nothing wrong with, its just they should be happy with what they're making because I'm sure it was a very nice amount of money lol.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next