View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I NEED HELP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:11 am 
born to perform.

ok...

So I bought a book... I have been online.. I have even watched that link someone posted here in Penguin of the silly Europe speaking guy teach you how to juggle..

Here is my deal

I can Juggle one ball...

I can Juggle two balls....

I can even juggle two balls with one hand...

But three balls with two hands. I CANT DO IT!

I start out with two balls in right hand and one in my left hand. I then can toss them in the air amd transfer both balls from my right to my left and tranfer the sinlge left hand ball to my right.. SO all of the balls DO juggle once but thats it! I have done that day after day for two weeks!! I don't drop the balls..BUT I cantr convince my dang brain to keep freaking going!!

So I tried something diffrent to get my brain to think another way....

Here is what I did.. I put the two balls in my left hand this time (ah-ha). Then put the single ball in my right hand now and tossed one ball in my left hand and the single ball that is now it my right at the same time! Then I quickly Threw the ball I still havent used that is in my left and the now at the same time throw the new one that is in my right at the same time.. I repeat this over and over throwing two balls one in each hand at the same time BUT its still NOT juggleing... Granted I am using all three balls this way and tossing two balls in the air at the same time but this doesn't look the same and looks plain silly!

I need help... Before I go crazy here.... Tell me this is normal ... PLEASE someone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:12 am 
born to perform.

Just keep praticing =D thats what happen to me. lol i could only do 1-2 balls with either hands and i couldnt do 3 balls but then after pratice i finaly did it =D!

just pratice!

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:28 am 
born to perform.

I Can do three balls and switch them to all the other hands just like juggling.. I never even drop one..

So What I mean is I do juggle all thre balls but just once.. I can't get thirdball to go back to its original place if you understand what i am saying..

So two ball in right hand goto left hand and the one ball in left goes to right hand..

Thats..

I am like: "Listen brain move that hand." It just won't continue the motion!!

I have spent an hour a day for two weeks doing this but I can't convince my brain to go any further. I have hit a road block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:43 am 
born to perform.

I have the same exact problem :( .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:50 am 
born to perform.

well, actually, juggling is manipulating more objects than you have hands/arms/heads/etc. so it is physically impossible to juggle one or two balls with two hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:50 am 
born to perform.

keep practicing
it took me awhile too

=)=)=)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:43 pm 
born to perform.

actually if you can toss the two balls then your on the right track.
Remember that everyone learns at their own pace.
I thought I'd never be able to juggle and then one day
it just happened.
I know it seems frustrating, but stick with it and before you know it you'll be juggling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:50 pm 

varjak_paw wrote:
well, actually, juggling is manipulating more objects than you have hands/arms/heads/etc. so it is physically impossible to juggle one or two balls with two hands.

That's not an unbreakable rule. Otherwise we wouldn't have Contact Juggling. :wink:

Post subject: Re: I NEED HELP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:51 pm 
born to perform.

DINOTECH wrote:
ok...

So I bought a book... I have been online.. I have even watched that link someone posted here in Penguin of the silly Europe speaking guy teach you how to juggle..

Here is my deal

I can Juggle one ball...

I can Juggle two balls....

I can even juggle two balls with one hand...

But three balls with two hands. I CANT DO IT!

I start out with two balls in right hand and one in my left hand. I then can toss them in the air amd transfer both balls from my right to my left and tranfer the sinlge left hand ball to my right.. SO all of the balls DO juggle once but thats it! I have done that day after day for two weeks!! I don't drop the balls..BUT I cantr convince my dang brain to keep freaking going!!

So I tried something diffrent to get my brain to think another way....

Here is what I did.. I put the two balls in my left hand this time (ah-ha). Then put the single ball in my right hand now and tossed one ball in my left hand and the single ball that is now it my right at the same time! Then I quickly Threw the ball I still havent used that is in my left and the now at the same time throw the new one that is in my right at the same time.. I repeat this over and over throwing two balls one in each hand at the same time BUT its still NOT juggleing... Granted I am using all three balls this way and tossing two balls in the air at the same time but this doesn't look the same and looks plain silly!

I need help... Before I go crazy here.... Tell me this is normal ... PLEASE someone!

First off, it sounds like you are doing the shower. If you never have juggled before, the shower is the one people feel more natual trying. But the shower is much harder to do then the cascade. You should learn to do the cascade. I learned how to do it for free on a website. (There are lots of websites that will teach you.)
When you start learning the cascade, practice with two balls first. Timing is verey important. The website I learned from recomended to time the throws by saying what you are doing. For instance: Ifyou practice whith two balls, say to yourself throw asyou throw the ball in the air. When that ball reaches its highest point, right before it is going to come down again into your other hand, say throw again as you throw the second ball. When you catch the ball, you would say catch. Remember to throw the second ball under the first, not in a circle. In practice with two balls you would say: Throw, throw, catch, catch...Throw, throw, catch, catch.
When you can do two, add the third ball in. Also get a video on 3 ball juggling. There are an unlimited amounts of tricks you can do with only 3 balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:25 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
varjak_paw wrote:

That's not an unbreakable rule. Otherwise we wouldn't have Contact Juggling. :wink:

D@mn smart people.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
varjak_paw wrote:

that's the exception that proves the rule.

Ben Winter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:35 pm 
born to perform.

I need help with juggling loaded guns.... I can't keep liquids inside me very long anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

stand in a swimming pool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:15 pm 
Penguin

practice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:25 pm 
Penguin

This will teach you.