View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Routines
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:40 pm 
born to perform.

Table w/ adults

1. jacked up
2. My ACR with Indecent as an ending
3. gold coin box
4. bill in orange

Table w/ kids

1. Kids cards
2. ?
3. ?
4.?

Table w/ both

1. Jacked Up
2. My ACR as Indecent as an ending
??????? from there down

i need some help please
any comments on how to fix my routines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:59 am 
born to perform.

Sponge balls for EVERYONE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:43 pm 
Penguin

I have to agree. Sponge Balls are great for everyone, as well as Cup and Balls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:48 pm 
born to perform.

AceOfAngels wrote:

Cups and Balls!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:32 pm 
born to perform.

How do you plan on transitioning in between tricks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:31 pm 
born to perform.

use the same deck for ACR as i use for jacked up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

How about instead of focusing on trying to make routines for restaurant walkaround, actually work on your effects and presentation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:15 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
You're not gonna wear a tux are you???

Other than that.....

SPONGE BALLS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:31 pm 
born to perform.

mws7020 wrote:
AceOfAngels wrote:

Cups and Balls!!!

You know exactly what he meant. It was probably a typo. Either way, why does it matter? I've heard it called both, Either way, it doesn't change the effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

BeginnerMagician wrote:
mws7020 wrote:
AceOfAngels wrote:

Cups and Balls!!!

You know exactly what he meant. It was probably a typo. Either way, why does it matter? I've heard it called both, Either way, it doesn't change the effect.
But it does change the effect. Cup and balls just uses one cup. Cups and balls use multiple cups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:13 pm 
born to perform.

You have one actual completed routine, and in your other post you claim you're ready to start performing?

You've got a lot of work to do kid, and honestly you won't get the help you need on this forum. Without breaking any rules here, the best I can tell you is to spend less time making posts here, and more time on your actual magic. You've got to have the skills to back up your claims(like on your website).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:09 pm 
born to perform.

Hahah, not that I need to prove myself to you, my website should give you an idea on my performance experience.

Seriously kid, you can't take the critisizm(I'm not being rude, or insulting you), then this isn't for you. Take up stamp collecting, it's a hobby that you'll be less likely to be critisized for(but possibly insulted).

There's obviously nothing I can do to stop you from performing, but what I can do is help you out, and if you don't want any help then you're not going to get far in this art.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:12 pm 
born to perform.

you didnt help me
all u told me is that i suck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:23 pm 
born to perform.

I didn't say that at all. You need to actually read the posts and not jump to conclusions.

I said that you're clearly not ready, but you're advertising yourself as a pro magician. Help point number one: Don't advertise what you can't deliver.

I said this forum is not a forum that can really help someone reach the next level of their carreer. Help point number two: Don't spend all your time searching around a forum filled with beginners.

Spend less time posting, and more time on your magic. Help point number three: Your magic is unlikely to benefit from a computer, you need to get your stuff together and really learn to perform those effects. Don't just learn the basic mechanics, get a pen and a notebook and start jotting down ideas for the routine, then take those idea and come up with a draft script for it, then work the script of that effect into the script of the rest of your show. Constantly be on the look for other performers to get new ideas on your presentation(the way someone carries themself, the way the stage is set up, the way he presents his props, everything. HOWEVER DO NOT DIRECTLY COPY! USE OTHER PERFORMER'S ACTIONS AS AN IDEA, NOT A STENCIL.)

Don't just write off a post as an insult, if you read into it you'll find there is likely advice there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flight2 wrote:
you didnt help me
all u told me is that i suck
Honestly, you have to toughen up. You have shown over and over again that you can't take any criticism. You aren't the greatest magician. You aren't going to just be able to go out and make money. Not everything is going to be handed to you. These aren't insults, these are things to think about.

Before you start claiming anything, make sure you can back it up. Practice more. From what I have seen, you aren't that skilled yet. You have a lot to work on. And it's going to be hard work. No one wakes up one day and finds out that they are great in this art. It takes hours or even years to become great. The practice has to be put into this art, or you will get no where.

As I said earlier, stop trying to focus on getting paid gigs. It seems as if you are too interested in the money. Magic isn't about money. And just because you can do a couple of tricks, doesn't mean you should get paid. I mean, you're what, 12-13 years old. You can't even legally work in a restaruant. So why worry about it at all? And if by chance, someone would illegally hire you to do walk-around in a restaruant, you aren't going to make it for long, because you can't take criticism.

If in the future, you want to get into restaruant magic, get some sources on it. Kirk Charles has a guide on it, as well as Live at the Jailhouse. From your first post, it doesn't seem as if you even know what you are doing, and those two sources will help you out a lot, for the future. When you can actually take a job.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next