View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: string swallowing trick...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:21 pm 
born to perform.

Hey guys,
does anybody know the name of the trick that i have seen both criss angel and david blaine do where they swallow the peice of string and then pull it out of their stomach. Where can i purchase this trick? Does penguin have it? is it hard to use? no exposure, any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Revelation77

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I think swami matra has that. But you have to be 18 to buy that book. its not for kids.

There are other topics on this as well, from the past. search around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:42 pm 
born to perform.

ive tried searching cant find anything...im 16 by the way. why do i have to be 18 to get the swami matra book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

revelation77 wrote:
ive tried searching cant find anything...im 16 by the way. why do i have to be 18 to get the swami matra book?

Well I searched and found at least 3 on the topic.

And you have to be 18, because of whats taught in the book. Alot of the stuff taught is/can be dangerous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:58 pm 
Penguin

yeah alot of the tricks angel does are from a while ago. I could have bought them but i didnt have the money at the time. anyways, this is one of those tricks. I remember the magic store in the mall of america had it. Im not sure if they still do, but I'm sure they have a website. If you do some research, you can find the name of the store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:45 am 
Penguin

There is a trick called 'Saw' sold on Ellusionist that Im almost positive uses the same technique, but its just preformed in a different place on the body.

If you bought this then you could probably figure it out on your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:54 pm 
Penguin

BryantM wrote:
There is a trick called 'Saw' sold on [edited] that Im almost positive uses the same technique, but its just preformed in a different place on the body.

Im not to sure about that. I think the 'gimmick' is a little more expensive and..... im about to go into exposure now so i'll stop! but i dont think it is the same method as Saw, could be wrong though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

BryantM wrote:
There is a trick called 'Saw' sold on [edited] that Im almost positive uses the same technique, but its just preformed in a different place on the body.

Saw is also sold right here on Penguin Magic. They'll even give you free shipping. :D

Post subject: Re: string swallowing trick...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:28 pm 
Penguin

revelation77 wrote:
Hey guys,
does anybody know the name of the trick that i have seen both criss angel and david blaine do where they swallow the peice of string and then pull it out of their stomach. Where can i purchase this trick? Does penguin have it? is it hard to use? no exposure, any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Revelation77

I no how this trick is done you can not purchase it and to be honest you dont want to do it it Is painful try something else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:31 pm 
Penguin

BryantM wrote:

this is not how this is done toataly differtent

Post subject: Re: string swallowing trick...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fire1027 wrote:
revelation77 wrote:
Hey guys,
Thanks,
Revelation77

I no how this trick is done you can not purchase it and to be honest you dont want to do it it Is painful try something else
There are more then one method, some of which aren't painful at all.

Post subject: well
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:39 pm 
Penguin

TO do It the way criss and david do it ( the rightway) that people are lefet amazed knowint that it was not a trick then yes it will be painful I know cause I do it all the time

Post subject: Re: well
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fire1027 wrote:
TO do It the way criss and david do it ( the rightway) that people are lefet amazed knowint that it was not a trick then yes it will be painful I know cause I do it all the time
You don't seem to understand. There are other methods to doing this that aren't painful at all, and look just as realistic. Also, how do you know that David and Criss (who actually doesn't do this effect, but a different one) do it the same way as you? You simply don't.

Finally, just because you do it one way, and amaze people, doesn't mean it's the right way. I've done this effect a variety of ways, and amazed people each time. Each of those ways (some not being painful at all), were also the right way.

Post subject: whayt ever
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:41 pm 
Penguin

oh really well why dont you PM me with some OF those other methods cause it hurts like a @#%$! to DO It my Way to end clean look real and not get cuaght. would be a great help oh and not to be rude and I dont no about criss but I no for fact my way is how david dose his k

Post subject: Re: whayt ever
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fire1027 wrote:
oh really well why dont you PM me with some OF those other methods cause it hurts like a @#%$! to DO It my Way to end clean look real and not get cuaght. would be a great help oh and not to be rude and I dont no about criss but I no for fact my way is how david dose his k
I'm not going to argue with you, as it's a waste of time. You show a lack of maturity, and it's not worth my time. I won't pm you other methods either, as it's unethical to expose magic. Also, how do you know for a fact that David does it the way you do? Have you talked to him? No, you have nothing more than speculation.

The final word though, is that there are a variety of ways to do this effect. I've heard atleast three different people say they do it the same way David does, and each one of those people use different methods. Each of them look very convincing though.