View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Amazing Lance Burton act
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:16 am 
Penguin

these are two very amazing acts. I have no idea how the dove production works. Is there any way to learn or buy these tricks? Ore do you have to learn them from Lance himself??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRfOPW0liHE&NR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVcyiw-kmqU&NR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:02 pm 
Penguin

The best living magician, in my opinion. Pure class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Lance is just doing what he said, pure sleight of hand. You can't buy his routines, but you can buy videos on sleight of hand.

An interesting fact about Lance is that when he started out, he took a lot of influence from Channing Pollock, which is quite evident in his routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

I had the pleasure of seeing his show in Vegas about a year ago. I saw him perform this same sleight of hand act ( http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... rton&hl=en ). That's when I got into magic :wink:

As coolsnail mentioned, he is pure class. Just by looking at the image of him you can tell. His show has many different AMAZING illusions, including some based off of the "metamorphosis" effect. He makes a lot of jokes and really got me laughing, but at the same time kept the standard level of class very high. He involved a lot of kids in the show, I particularly remember him doing the Miser's Dream (producing mulitple silver dollars from anywhere) to a little boy. That was the same effect that made Lance want to become a magician.

You can purchase appearing candles, learn dove magic, and silk/cigarrette/card manipulation, but you cannot replicate his signature act. It's impeccable, perfect. His claim is true in the video, he learned the trick very young, and has been modifying it over these years. There are about 4-5 videos of it on the internet, and it's different each time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:56 am 
Penguin

well, thanks for the info.
You're right, he's indeed the best i've seen before doing these manipulations. Is there a vid of the miser's dream somewhere on the net? I havn't found one yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:28 pm 
born to perform.

Do you mean him performing the effect, or the actual effect being performed by smeone else?

I did not find any video of it anywhere, but there should be vids of other magicians doing miser's dream.

A similar routine he does that invlolves a little boy is his hospitality illusion where an empty carton pours any drink the boy wishes. It's on youtube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:53 am 
Penguin

hahahhahha i got to see him live and he signed my cards when i wnet to vegas over christmas break and trust me to really get the feel of how good his show is you have to be there its amazing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:13 am 
Penguin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPELYkYsNk
that trick kinda makes me think of the peanut butter and jelly illusion, but that's probably an insult ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:18 pm 
born to perform.

daenschl wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPELYkYsNk
that trick kinda makes me think of the peanut butter and jelly illusion, but that's probably an insult ;-)

And that's another illusion similar to the Miser's Dream. Except this one's the alcholic's dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:48 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well I was thinking about it but, I like your moms house
Truly amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:42 pm 
Penguin

I was quite fortunate to obtain a VHS with his whole show on it, including this exact clip. It was really amazing and inspiring to watch. I was entertained. and it only cost me $1!

My first magic set as a kid was by Lance Burton as well.. Thats what got me started.. I wish I had that much money though :p

:)