View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: criss angel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
wyattator wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
Quote:
they are not camera tricks you cant tell bc the screen will turn black for not even close to a second

By the way, that doesn't really even make sense.
how does that not make sense? the screen will turn black for a mili-second
Not necessarily. There are programs that can get rid of that.
oh i did not know that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:55 pm 
Penguin

nickedge wrote:
Quote:
best at what? Camera tricks? Paying for Actors?

Yes, he is amazing at that. :D

and he always will be :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:04 am 
born to perform.

David Blaine And Criss angel have a telvision show, in fact, but it dont means that they are the greatest magicians ever, They are only popular and have good contacts. Morgan Strebler is not on tv, but look at he's videos, he has brough so many cool bending effect in magic, on that point i think he is far beyond Criss skill, and he dosent have a tv show!

I too, belive that Criss angel use camera / editings tricks, But, normal people ( i mean people who are not magicians... ) Find it really entertaining and entertainement is the goal of magic, until you are just a guy who want to look supernatural and make people bend in front of you, which is not really magic purpose! But real magician look he's show saying " Wow, i wish i coul'd do that! " Knowing it's camera tricks, but i think Criss offer us a great inspiration, The man much hard whish is to accomplish inposible feats, levitate like a bird... with some inspiration, a magician can do that. Who knows, maybe my generation of magician ( i am 16 ) will have access of special gimmicks making you able to read people mind or levitating from building to building? maybe in 2040? who knows.

Before gimmicks like the raven or m5, vanishing coin, changing coin was just seen in cartoons, but now it's possible, the only limit is your imagination, which dont miss to criss...

David Blaine is a fearsome street magicians, Popularizing the gimmicks of our everyday use, shure thay may be better magician then him, but can you compare to him? You need to have been a long time in magic before saying that you can actually beat him !

Every magician as its own pro and cons, And i dont think ever that a magician will be able to accomplish perfercly all the tricks out there.

Magic is for entertainment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:52 am 
born to perform.

I guess I'll be the first to say that this should be in the Angel/Blaine section.

~Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:28 pm 
Penguin

This should be in the Angel/Blaine section but Criss is the best and doesnt do camera tricks Master Mindfreaks dvds tells you how to do some of his tricks and dont say yeah cause all his others are camera tricks At least hes good enough to have a tight levitation unlike doing the Balducci and editing it with wires then posting on peoples reactions from the Balducci for your wire levitation like Blaine now say David doesnt use camera editing for his levitation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
This should be in the Angel/Blaine section but Criss is the best and doesnt do camera tricks Master Mindfreaks dvds tells you how to do some of his tricks and dont say yeah cause all his others are camera tricks At least hes good enough to have a tight levitation unlike doing the Balducci and editing it with wires then posting on peoples reactions from the Balducci for your wire levitation like Blaine now say David doesnt use camera editing for his levitation

and angel doesnt use cam trick for his building float and alot of his other stuff? what makes u so sure he never uses camera tricks? and dont get me started about his use of paid actors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ah, Memories........... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:19 pm 
Penguin

He doesnt because hes going to do the same levitation the same way live in las vegas live on t.v over a light pole in front of the luxor for his first show on season 3. There proved it.
Anything else bad to say about angel so I can prove your wrong "haters".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:24 pm 
born to perform.

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
He doesnt because hes going to do the same levitation the same way live in las vegas live on t.v over a light pole in front of the luxor for his first show on season 3. There proved it.
Anything else bad to say about angel so I can prove your wrong "haters".

he doesnt wat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:34 pm 
Penguin

use camera tricks for the building float

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 pm 
born to perform.

and how do u no its the same way? because he told u?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:10 pm 
Penguin

YEEEEEESSSSS!
No im kidding well its likeon his website and stuff and even if its not its still going to be awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:10 am 
Emperor Penguin

If it wasnt a camera trick, then why does he not do it in front of a live audience? why does he only levitate from building to building in front of 3 spectators, and some "just happen to be passing by spectators"? Sorry, but his building float can only be done on camera, with a closed set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:36 pm 
Penguin

OMG
He is going to do it in front of a live audience over a lightpole in las vegas in front of the luxor on june 5th for his opening episode for season 3.
Whatch that so youll see its not on a closed set.
Im not saying hes some kind of god who can float he even says its an illusion.
hes just got some kind of really good gimmick. Or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:51 pm 
born to perform.

either way

david blaine, lance burton, criss angel who have you

they are entertaing the public

Who cares if we as magicians think of it as camera trick or whatever

either way they are bringing more and mroe people interested into magic
so why should we care what he does, he/ they are havin gmore and more people interested into magic than we could on our own

we dont have tv shows, tv specials or whatever, but they do and they are taking as much advantage of that then they can so things seem more and more amazing than humanly possible (even if it is with camera and editing techniques) :wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next