View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Want better strong advice? few tips on how here.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:11 pm 

So you need Advice? Well, in this forum, you can ask other magicians for advice on maybe what product to get.

Now something important here. You have to keep in mind. None of us know you. So it can be hard to advise you on certain things. I've seen a lot of topics where people ask "what can i get for {insert amount}".

It's probably one of the most common topics here, but, What would be wrong with this post? simple, it doesn't tell us anything other than you want a product in a certain price range. If you want good advice on that matter. You should also include these Two very important points...

:arrow: Your skill level
:arrow: Your intrests (i.e, coins, cards etc)

That way, we can establish more easily on something that would suit you. You'd get better responses. It makes recommendations more accurate and you helped more.

Advice on Particular products
As far as wanting advice on particular products. It's best to try a search. 9/10 times your query has been asnwered a hundred times before. So why start a new topic asking and get 4 replies, when you could pull up a search and get 4 topics with more replies.

Research yourself and make your own conclusion.
Remember, there's a Review forum, full of hundreds of reviews. Try searching for a review between the products. Check them out, you'll see judging from helpful reviews, which one maybe best for you.

I hope that helps you all and gets you thinking about the better ways for advice.

Thanks,
Wiggy

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:42 am 
born to perform.

Good points Wiggy!
Also ask yourself how this trick will improve your show. How can you put the best patter with it. Don't get something simply because it looks good but how you can make the most of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:08 pm 
born to perform.

nice sluggo, and also do not just get soemthing becuase you want to know how it is done! get it becuase u think that your show will suffer without it!

hope this helps...Luois

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:23 pm 
Penguin

yea!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:38 pm 
Penguin

i need some advise were r the decent magic shops in london plz replay i need to find a magic shop in london

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:43 pm 
Penguin

hey i need some advice on what to pick up for christmas.
ive been doing magic for a couple months and now i mostly am into card routines but i do own a TT and i have healed and sealed etc.

i have born to perform and on the spot. i practice quite a bit and i am pretty comfortable with all the routines on BTP its just a few flourishes and the pass that i havent put enough practice in to. some time in the new year (maybee april or something) i plan on doing a magic show for a crowd (of 40 or so) at my youth group. all the tricks i do for them now already freak them out so i dont need a super pro routine to make them enjoy it. ayways i like to add humour when i do magic and if i see someone wearing a watch i will almost always attempt to steal it ( im at about 55% succes) therefore i was thinking of getting the chappy brazil watch steal DVD, because i am always tempted to steal watches (for entertainment purposes)
the instant downloads i have are nemesis and out of this world, and i am comfortable performing both.

basically i was looking for good material to do as a show/routine and preferably card tricks but ill take suggestions.
(i was also interested in the classic force dvd by paul green.
any advice would be apprectiated, thanks.

..also should i make this into its own post or just leave it in this forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:09 pm 
born to perform.

It is really totally up to you what you want to buy. Whether it is cards, coins etc. I would recommend a good DVD with lots of learning material on it. I'm not sure what you would want to learn in ters or cards, coins, mentalsim etc. Also that is a good question - Yes you should have posted this in the Advice section as a 'new' topic. Not in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:13 am 
Penguin

Great tip Wiggy..Also I would like to add advice does not mean asking how a trick or effect is done.If you want to know that buy it ..It has it's own forum..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:12 pm 
Penguin

Hi... I was wondering if anyone had some advice on what tricks I might like from this site. I'm a beginner magician, and I'm most interested in card tricks, and I'm really bad at sleights so I wouldn't want a trick with any really crazy sleights or anything like that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:31 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice President of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!
If you want to LEARN some tricks Born To Preform will teach you everything you (almsot) need to learn. If you don't want a DVD get Royal Road To Card Magic. Lots of tricks and sleights and its a bang for a buck :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
TehDerek wrote:
Hi... I was wondering if anyone had some advice on what tricks I might like from this site. I'm a beginner magician, and I'm most interested in card tricks, and I'm really bad at sleights so I wouldn't want a trick with any really crazy sleights or anything like that...

A very good beginning book to get would be Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. They don't sell it at Penguin, but you can probably find it at your local library or bookstore.

Anyway, Mark Wilson's book covers most of the genres of magic, and teaches a lot of tricks and things you can do with them. The teaching is great, and includes tons of illustrations. Definately a must-have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:02 pm 
Penguin

Do you have any advice on like what actual tricks I might like from this site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:10 am 
Penguin

Hey I'm thinking about getting Andrew Mayne's Shock Magic Book...I'm starting to get interested in Geek and Shcok Magic. Is the book any good and is it worth it? Also, what other products might I find of this type of magic and which website for how much?
thanks for any help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

TehDerek wrote:
Do you have any advice on like what actual tricks I might like from this site?
'

Here are some card effects/books/DVDs that you might like:

-Born to Perform Card Magic

-The Royal Road to Card Magic

-Pyrotechnic Pasteboards

-Invisible Deck

-The Rising Card Deck

Hope these help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:33 am 
Penguin

TehDerek wrote:

Im a begginer magician to and i was wondering what the best card tricks that penguin magic has are... i might be doing some shows in like...a year and i need some suggestions!