View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:14 pm 
born to perform.

thegenius your point is correct, but your theory is rubbish. You were talking about the differences between what amazes a child and adult. In reality a change of presentation should sort that out, however we are talking about the age at which you should work at a restaurant.

the genius, since you received live at the jailhouse you seem to be on these forums acting like a pro giving bullsh*t advice. Please go and get some actual performing experience for a year or two at a restaurant and then give your advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:24 pm 
Penguin

Ok guys tell you what. I'll just tell my kid he can't earn his own money anymore, and not to mow lawns for fear that someone might see him colecting money for it. Most of all it will keep him away from all those women with there breasts hanging out at restaurants wanting to shove their heaving chests at him. Oh the horror......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

kmend wrote:
Ok guys tell you what. I'll just tell my kid he can't earn his own money anymore, and not to mow lawns for fear that someone might see him colecting money for it. Most of all it will keep him away from all those women with there breasts hanging out at restaurants wanting to shove their heaving chests at him. Oh the horror......

Sounds like a good plan to me... but I have a better one. Give him an allowance! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:26 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
kmend wrote:

I like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:45 pm 
Emperor Penguin

kmend wrote:
You really don't seem to understand. Check out some state laws. You would learn a lot. There are certain jobs a child is able to perform. Examples, mowing lawns, raking leaves, and shoveling snow. They are allowed to perform those, as long as they aren't hired by a business (lawn care business). As long as they do it independently, they won't have a problem. But once they enter a professional establishment (restaurant) and they are hired by that establishment, they are breaking a law, which has harsh penalties.

Laws are put into place for a reason. If you choose not to follow them, you will suffer the consequences, and in this case, you would deserve to. Since this law is put into place to protect the child, which should be your responsibility. If you don't want to accept that, then don't. No one here will care. But when you end up having to suffer the consequences for your neglect, don't go and whine to anyone, because you were informed, and decided to ignore it.

Now I know it's your son, and you think he's some how special. However, the simple truth is that he is not mature enough to handle the type of responsibility that comes with working in a restaurant as a magician. It's that simple. He's not mature enough, and sooner or later, that will become quite apparant. But then, it will be too late, because you choose to ignore the advice given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:32 pm 

fallingblood wrote:
You really don't seem to understand. Check out some state laws. You would learn a lot. There are certain jobs a child is able to perform. Examples, mowing lawns, raking leaves, and shoveling snow. They are allowed to perform those, ...

There are other exceptions as well... like Theater and performance arts. I think magic performing could fall into that category.

Besides, I think we should let the parent look out for his own child's best interest rather than try to lecture him here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:39 pm 
born to perform.

benlewis2004 wrote:
thegenius your point is correct, but your theory is rubbish. You were talking about the differences between what amazes a child and adult. In reality a change of presentation should sort that out, however we are talking about the age at which you should work at a restaurant.

the genius, since you received live at the jailhouse you seem to be on these forums acting like a pro giving bullsh*t advice. Please go and get some actual performing experience for a year or two at a restaurant and then give your advice.

If all the advise im giving is bull, then basic your saying the DVD,"Live at the jailhouse" is bull. All the advise is coming from the dvd but in my own words so it doesn't seem like the same thing so more people can get and see how useful the dvd is.

***I'm not just going to give you everythings thats on the dvd, if your thinking of just reading all the advise i say, you should still buy it because most of the tricks are amazing, and you need to watch the performing and how they aproch the table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:24 am 
born to perform.

no its because you are taking advice for different things, and apllying them to compeltly different subjects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:01 am 
Penguin

Give someone a fish and they eat for a day, teach them to fish and they eat for life. I don't know where you guys perform what with the naked women and the irate boyfriends but my son handles himself in a professional manner if someone comes up to him to come to there table while he's already at a table then he tells them that he will get to them. If for some reason there is a problem then I handle the situation. I'm always observing from the back, and the wait staff looks out also. No alcohol is served at this restaurant and he performs for 2 hours maybe once a month. The customers are usually regulars. The regular magician that works there has been with him when he started doing this and continues to train him on the ins and outs. I don't know if you people think that he is just dropped off and unsupervised, then you stand corrected. I've been told that there are some anal retentive people who just know everything about this proffession, who think that noone else is good enough to do what "they" do, well I guess you have all forgotten where you started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:24 am 
born to perform.

not in a restaurant at 15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:30 am 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
Please, type like a normal person, and don't press enter when you should put commas. And when you come out and say you're amazing at close-up, what I'm automatically going to think is that you're not nearly as good as you think you are.

Yea :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:02 pm 
born to perform.

You should be at least the age 16, but if you are 17 thats alot better than 16. 15 years old seems to young to work at a restaurant.

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

kmend wrote:
Give someone a fish and they eat for a day, teach them to fish and they eat for life. I don't know where you guys perform what with the naked women and the irate boyfriends but my son handles himself in a professional manner if someone comes up to him to come to there table while he's already at a table then he tells them that he will get to them. If for some reason there is a problem then I handle the situation. I'm always observing from the back, and the wait staff looks out also. No alcohol is served at this restaurant and he performs for 2 hours maybe once a month. The customers are usually regulars. The regular magician that works there has been with him when he started doing this and continues to train him on the ins and outs. I don't know if you people think that he is just dropped off and unsupervised, then you stand corrected. I've been told that there are some anal retentive people who just know everything about this proffession, who think that noone else is good enough to do what "they" do, well I guess you have all forgotten where you started.
You simply don't seem to want to take the advice given. So it becomes a waste of time to even try to prove a point. I never said anything about naked women, I said some women will start breast feeding a child. It happens. It's happened to me, as well as other restaurant magicians here. The angry boyfriend also happens. There are many things that happen, that can't be controlled. Now I'm done discussing this with you because you don't seem to want to take any advice from the people who have been doing this as a living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:25 pm 

Okay, everyone's made their point... again and again.

Let's move on before it gets locked.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:17 pm 

DaveV wrote:
Okay, everyone's made their point... again and again.

Let's move on before it gets locked.

Thanks

Dave, I am asking you this in public as well as a PM. Please lock this, it is way to long and getting to be pointless.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next