View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:10 am 

I guess we'll learn Friday night who was right, won't we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:47 am 
Emperor Penguin

DaveV wrote:

Will we truley know? If he fails or doenst do as well as he expected, do you expect him to come on here and tell us? I dont, cause he knows he will get "hit" for it.

I can go find the post of his where he ASKs for help on Restaurant Work...
This wasnt very long ago, and hes already getting a gig.
I highly doubt hes ready. IF its anything like his talent show, it wont be good.

Only 2-3 weeks ago... ya thats more than enough time to prepare for a FRIDAY night gig. One of the busiest nights of the week for a restaurant.
And if that restaurant is down here in Houston, ohhh... I might just have to go check it out for myself.

He didnt even have complete routines. Has one edited of an attitude and ego, and little respect.

He just got Live at the jail house, and i guess that makes him ready. Usually people wait a few months... pratice thier routines and such.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... sc&start=0

Heres to topic^^. I suspect your the one who locked it as well, and this one will probably will be too. :?

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:14 pm 

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
DaveV wrote:

Will we truley know? If he fails or doenst do as well as he expected, do you expect him to come on here and tell us? I dont, cause he knows he will get "hit" for it.

A non-answer from him will tell us a lot too, wouldn't you agree?

Quote:

I highly doubt hes ready. IF its anything like his talent show, it wont be good.

Only 2-3 weeks ago... ya thats more than enough time to prepare for a FRIDAY night gig. One of the busiest nights of the week for a restaurant.
And if that restaurant is down here in Houston, ohhh... I might just have to go check it out for myself.

He didnt even have complete routines. Has one edited of an attitude and ego, and little respect.

That's true of many magicians I've met. :?

Quote:

He just got Live at the jail house, and i guess that makes him ready. Usually people wait a few months... pratice thier routines and such.

Heres to topic^^. I suspect your the one who locked it as well, and this one will probably will be too.

If all he gets from us is negativity, you're probably right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:19 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
Just an aside:

I have been practicing magic for 20+ years. I used to do stage shows, and kids parties, with walkaround thrown in.

Recently, I sent out resumes and media kits to various restaurants, and will be following up shortly to schedule interviews. With my experience, I still was cautious, seeking out and TAKING advice before venturing out.

I am shocked at the way this young person has thrown aside outstanding advice that only comes from experienced individuals. In the words of my generation, "Oh well, it's your funeral."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DaveV wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
DaveV wrote:

A non-answer from him will tell us a lot too, wouldn't you agree?

YES
Quote:

That's true of many magicians I've met. :? And more to come

Quote:

Heres to topic^^. I suspect your the one who locked it as well, and this one will probably will be too.

If all he gets from us is negativity, you're probably right.

He doesnt get all negativity, much of it is advice- that he and others take negitively.
And he would get a lot less negativity if he would at least think about the advice, instead of arguing with them.
If he already knows the answer, why ask?

He comes on here to ask for advice and help; when offered he kicks its in their face.

I cant tell if you encouraging him or not. But would it be the same if he wanted to go out and busk this Friday?
:wink:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... ht=#962164

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

He's not ready. He's not even old enough to be doing this. The law was put into place to keep children safe. And personally, I think it's a great law. Kids don't need to be going out and getting jobs so young. They will have to work the rest of their lives, so they should cherish the time that they can.

The reason he's gotten negativity in the past is because he can't take any criticism. I know a lot of the advice given on this site may seem harsh. I know I can come off as harsh. However, the advice is good. It comes from experience. If he wants to throw away all the advice that he has been given, then so be it. But he shouldn't ask for it in the first place then.

But by all means, he can go and do this on Friday. And let's suppose he, by some miracle, get's the job (which, for all we know, he will just come back here and lie about it anyway). How long do you think he will last? I don't give it too long. Because one, he has no idea what he is doing. He isn't overly skilled (which can be seen from his videos), and he isn't the most mature person (which is seen from his posts). I'm not saying he's a bad magician, I'm just saying that he's shown in the past that he's not too well practiced, and still needs a lot of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm 

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. He never said what this "gig" was. It may not even be a restaurant. It could be for his kid sister's birthday party for all we know.

He stated "I got a gig!" That's all. Everything else is speculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DaveV wrote:
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. He never said what this "gig" was. It may not even be a restaurant. It could be for his kid sister's birthday party for all we know.

He stated "I got a gig!" That's all. Everything else is speculation.

Well being posted in the Restaurant area and just recently asking about that subject.... :? We just figure thats what it deals with.
If it were a kids show shouldnt it have been posted in the kids section.
And why hasnt he corrected us by now?

Ehh... as you put it.. "we will see". 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:01 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well I was thinking about it but, I like your moms house
FallingBlood yes I know he says some stuff back which makes it seem liek he not taking your advice but maybe he is and still defending himself you never know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:04 pm 
born to perform.

Thank you DaveV

it is at a restaurant and i have practice d my routines everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:43 pm 

I hope you're ready. Nothing would please me more than see you succeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:05 pm 
born to perform.

yes sir
i am ready
i have 5 sets ready for the different tables
i am also hoping that this will help me advertise for my kids shows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:15 pm 
born to perform.

flight2,

I was (a while ago) going to do a show for a kids' museum, and when I asked for advice, I got the same responses you did:

"you're not ready"
"you're too young"

and do you know what I did?

I ACCEPTED the advice. Although I knew I could have done the tricks really well, and that I would get money, I didn't do it.

The fact was that I wouldn't have been able to deliver a good show (in presentation), and I was too young.

Just on New Year's Eve of 06-07, I performed close up magic at a restaurant. I am only 15, which is still not legal age to work. I also hadn't studied restaraunt magic previous to the performance. Well, the gig went very well, and everyone enjoyed the entertainment, and I got tips. HOWEVER, I can honestly say that I would have done much better if I had researched more on restaurant magic and if I had made specific routines.

I ended up with a crazy back-ache from bending over slightly at tables for four hours, and I could have done without that.

I can definitely say that the performing experience was great for me, and opened my eyes to what I needed to work on.

I recommend you do the gig, and THINK ABOUT WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER AND USE THE GIG AS AN EYE-OPENER AND NOT A RITE OF PASSAGE!

Actually THINK about this as I did, and you will (when you get older and more mature) be glad you did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:04 pm 
born to perform.

how did it go?

If your english you will be well finished, if your in the USA or canada, you will be doing it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:17 pm 
born to perform.

my dumb dad didnt let me go
it sucks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next