View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:18 pm 

Blitzmagic, I am not sure of how to phrase this. Let me think for a minute.

Before I do that I want to comment on your post that reads:
Quote:
lol It's not a big deal if you can't spell online, as long as your magic makes up the difference.

The ONLY way I can judge you, because we can not see or hear each other is by your posts. If they make sense, are presented in an orderly manner, and are easy to read because words are spelled correctly, then I feel you know what your talking about. However, if the opposite is true, including the lack of spelling skills, or computer skills so that you can't run a spell check, then the opposite conclusion must be true.

With that said let me finish the thought that I started with. Blitzmagic, you have no idea of what you are talking about. I use that phrase rather than "you are a f&*^%*g liar. If you are playing around in a mall and showing off to your friends there is no problem. But, once you use a hat line, or take money form people, you are violating their rules and you will be asked to leave. You are also subject to arrest for trespassing if you do not follow the request to leave or if you repeat the same offence again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:49 pm 
born to perform.

Bliztmagic wrote:
I TOTALLY DESAGRE WITH YOUR OPIGNONS!
I am only 15, and i do street magic every day i can, i go at mall, streets, Party... I'd say i really dont look like a 18+ old guy, But i have a male voice, im still 5'8''

And i can gather enough cash from tips to buy tricks on penguin, MY JOB IS BEING A STREET MAGICIANS!

Nothing is imposible!
Just practice over and over! when i was younger ( im still young ) I was not going on patter, that's the thing that got me wrong, and i was performing at school, wich is the Heckler or grabber kingdom.

Some tips
- NEVER, EVER USE GIMMICK IF YOU ARE PERFORMING AT SCHOOL!
-
Try to be presentable when performing to aldults, dont wear hundreth of piercing, Smell good and be polite.
- When you walk up to someone say " hi, woul'd you like to see a magic trick?" if they say now say politely " Ok, thanks anyway " or any polite phrase that means the same thing. If they want to see it, just make an opener trick, like two card monte, a raven trick, the closer... etc. so they get interested and want to see more, then some people will get around to see, because if you hold a deck of card they are intrigued to see.
- If you have a camera, have a freind to film you doing magic, people will think you are more "professional" or idnk, And then you can watch and see people emotion, and so you can work on your patter. i do this much of the time.

Hope it helped you!
WORK ON PATTER IT'S IMPORTANT!

i stoped reading after i got to the red part....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:13 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
paddy wrote:
Blitzmagic, I am not sure of how to phrase this. Let me think for a minute.

Before I do that I want to comment on your post that reads:
Quote:
lol It's not a big deal if you can't spell online, as long as your magic makes up the difference.

The ONLY way I can judge you, because we can not see or hear each other is by your posts. If they make sense, are presented in an orderly manner, and are easy to read because words are spelled correctly, then I feel you know what your talking about. However, if the opposite is true, including the lack of spelling skills, or computer skills so that you can't run a spell check, then the opposite conclusion must be true.

With that said let me finish the thought that I started with. Blitzmagic, you have no idea of what you are talking about. I use that phrase rather than "you are a f&*^%*g liar. If you are playing around in a mall and showing off to your friends there is no problem. But, once you use a hat line, or take money form people, you are violating their rules and you will be asked to leave. You are also subject to arrest for trespassing if you do not follow the request to leave or if you repeat the same offence again.

Great to see Paddy sharing his wisdom again :wink: .

-YNWA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:22 pm 
Penguin

Yeah. I'm not planning on passing around the hat. I just like to have crowds gather and see their reactions when I do my routine. I'm in it for the fun, not the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:12 pm 
Penguin

Eaglemon wrote:
Yeah. I'm not planning on passing around the hat. I just like to have crowds gather and see their reactions when I do my routine. I'm in it for the fun, not the money.

By definition, that's not usually busking then. As far as I'm aware, magician's use the term busking as making a profit/living to the best of their potential in the specified public zone. You're talking about performing.

Steve Helms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:54 pm 

On reading his first post, he didn't mention busking, we did. If he wants to perform, that's fine. Just as long as he doesn't think it's going to be easy, so young and all... first time behind bars, first time getting robbed, first time being knifed by a drunk for being in his "spot", etc...

If you want to walk around and entertain a few people at a time, that's fine. Just watch your back, and you might survive to be a busker some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:34 pm 
Penguin

Ok since when does a busker end up in jail? When does a street magician get knifed? Are you a moron? I do street magic and none of that crazy stuff has ever happened to me. I haven't gone to jail and I haven't been knifed or any other crazy thing like that. If the kid makes enough to buy new tricks, then good for him. He's 15 so he pry doesn't have bills which lets him focus on magic :D I don't know about you guys but I lived with my parents too when I was 15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:22 am 
Emperor Penguin

magic924 wrote:
Ok since when does a busker end up in jail? When does a street magician get knifed? Are you a moron? I do street magic and none of that crazy stuff has ever happened to me. I haven't gone to jail and I haven't been knifed or any other crazy thing like that. If the kid makes enough to buy new tricks, then good for him. He's 15 so he pry doesn't have bills which lets him focus on magic :D I don't know about you guys but I lived with my parents too when I was 15.
DaveV knows what he's talking about. Busking can be a very dangerous activity. Do a little research before you run your mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:43 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
DaveV wrote:
On reading his first post, he didn't mention busking, we did. If he wants to perform, that's fine. Just as long as he doesn't think it's going to be easy, so young and all... first time behind bars, first time getting robbed, first time being knifed by a drunk for being in his "spot", etc...

If you want to walk around and entertain a few people at a time, that's fine. Just watch your back, and you might survive to be a busker some day.

DaveV sound like one mod you don't want to mess with 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:24 pm 
Penguin

yeah.all of these people are right dude.you are to young.im only 12 and you might be sayin .oh he is way to young.and i know i am.ive got many years of training to do.you do too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:33 pm 
born to perform.

magic924 wrote:

they go to jail because it might be breaking laws, knifed because drunks or people who don tlike them :?

they are saying "can you make enough money to live off of" or whatever because that shows that you are serious about busking.

i DONT KNOW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:40 pm 

magic924 wrote:

fallingbood wrote this just two days ago in a different thread:

Quote:
Two weekends ago, I had some kid try to stab me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:47 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
Yeah, but he called the kid's mom a prostitute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:19 am 

magic924 wrote:

Well I see that others have responded to magic924 but I will add my story.

When does a busker wind up in jail, simple just busk in a town that has laws against you. I got arrested one day for violating the "panhandling Statutes" in Cincinnati. I tried to explain I was busking but the cop didn't care and took me to jail. I did get out and paid a $200 fine. Now I go across the river and work in Northern KY.

As far as being knifed, yes it has happened. Ask Jim Cellini or Gazzo about that. A lot of times buskers work the "drunk crowd." People coming out of bars late at night. They are a very generous group and they tip very well. However you also have another group that is out at night, the criminals. When this group sees you making money they will attempt to rob you on your way to you car. Yes you can get hurt very badly.

This is all part of the life of a true busker. We aren't kids playing at gimmicks, we are real magicians trying to earn a living by entertaining. No, we aren't going to be David Copperfield, but we will be successful, we will support our families, and we will live a very good life. Just we have to realize that even in a great life, there is some rain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:12 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for the tips

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next