View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My strolling routine
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:56 pm 
Penguin

No one had posted for a while so I thought I'd add something. For those of you who do strolling magic, what effects do you like to use? Here's my basic routine: I start with color changing pocket knives. That has quickly become my pet effect. Then I do either NFW or the Ambitious Card, depending on my audience. I follow that up with a 2 coin routine that is a combination of a routine from an old Linking Ring mag and the "Golden Girls" coin effect. Then I do a ring and string routine for my finale. If I need an encore, I keep Lite Flite on me. That's it. I'm curious to hear what everyone else is doing. :) Jeff

Post subject: Re: My strolling routine
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:25 am 
Penguin

Here's mine: Random card tricks using sleights and forces total of 3-4 max(no gimmicks), Then I move onto a coin bite routine followed by a "mesiah vanish" (Jay Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic) to get rid of the coin, then I follow up with a one time card finally using either of the following: "Airtight", "Rising Card", "In a Flash", "Hollow", and "Torched and Restored". Once beating my spectators to the bone with crazy card tricks and illusions I smack them all with one big "Earplugs" routine which has always hooked me up with a date to go home with afterwards... well not always, but I do get numbers :). Just FYI I'm a bar-hopping performer in Japan. Japanese people are so logical and believe only in what is taught out of a book. Yet when you show them something that defies their logical thinking.... your bound to recieve a reputation that will live on for a long time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:58 pm 
Penguin

For me it all depends on the audience, For business types I tend to stick to some card ricks and coins usually a good matrix and hanging coins kills'em. For kids I do a lot of stuff with spongestars and rubber bands and for that regular everyone audience I do my killer rising card effect a signed card rises and burns in the middle of the air, muhuhuhuhuhahahahaaaaaa, how treuly eviiil I am!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:28 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Sounds pretty good. You said that you use Lite Flight for an encore. Does that mean it doesnt require much set up?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:18 pm 
Penguin

with a little thinking, you can set it up on you before you go out and keep it on you the whole time from group to group. very little set up. great effect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:08 am 
Penguin

Lately Ive been starting with Kennedys Impossible matrix then adding a shelled coinand doing a 4 coins across that I got off a roth tape. I do out "out with four" okito box routine then a little copeer silver stuff transpo's and presto change-o and the like. Sometimes I start wit crowded coins ( a three fly effect I got from a Paul Wilson tape) I just started doing absolute zero off of that same tape.... and here's a pointer about that. I use a stripper deck so you can show the faces first and shuffle away all you like while you patter on about something then BAM set-up for absolute zero is done and you do the trick....Now its really a fooler.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:45 pm 
Penguin

I have a decent thimble routine as taught by Jeff Mcbride that is quite good visually (transposition of small to large thimbles). I am intereseted in Sankey's Earplugs. Does it incorporate the same principles as a ball or thimble routine?