View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Thoughts on School magic ( plus a great trick to do! )
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:53 pm 
Penguin

Ok first of all I do not suggest doing magic at school in the first place, so technicly I dont even condone what I am saying. If you really want to do magic at school, leave the cards at home and just use a friggin FORK! liquid metal or Steve Shaws's ( Banachek ) dvds are perfect for this.... I mean what can go wrong with forks, fully examinable and an amazing trick plus you can throw the fork away after your 30 seconds of fame and just leave people mistified!
The only problem I see with this is the use of forks so !!!DONT!!! do magic to every day to be popular, be your bloody self and see if people like you for your personality not your magical ability! Just show the tricks once in a while maybe once a moth to a small group of 5-10 people.
Anyway thats just my $0.02 on school magic

if you have any complaints about my rant please send post email them to IDONTREALLYCARE@ABOUTSCHOOLMAGIC.COM

Curt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:57 pm 
born to perform.

You can tell based on this post that youv never acctualy performed with a fork at school,or if you have it was maby 1 time. You just think its a good idea and post it like you accutaly have done what you posted. Dont worry i went throught that phase too. Itll pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 pm 
Penguin

just to let you know I have preformed the liquid metal routine at many school dances ( which only come a few times a year but I still hate people complaining about their , o poor me my friend is a copy cat posts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't think liquid metal, or any metal bending magic is good at school. First, you have to bring your own forks to school. That's just a little awkward. And you can only perform it so many times.

To do metal bending magic, you have to have very good misdirection, which isn't always possible in a school enviroment.

So really, I think cards are more practical. And even more practical, coin magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:25 am 
born to perform.

canteego wrote:
just to let you know I have preformed the liquid metal routine at many school dances ( which only come a few times a year but I still hate people complaining about their , o poor me my friend is a copy cat posts!

:lol:

sorry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:55 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
I don't think liquid metal, or any metal bending magic is good at school. First, you have to bring your own forks to school. That's just a little awkward. And you can only perform it so many times.

To do metal bending magic, you have to have very good misdirection, which isn't always possible in a school enviroment.

So really, I think cards are more practical. And even more practical, coin magic.

hence why I said that you should only do magic once in a while and make your friends want to see your magic... not the other way around and wanting your friends to watch you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:11 pm 
Emperor Penguin

But it still stands, forks are awkward to be carrying around. And they aren't the best to perform with at school. Yes, the can work, however, there are some consequences. One, you could end up making people believe that you have some type of pyschic power. And that is not something that's good. Second, you really have to build misdirection for the effects, which can be quite hard in a school setting. Metal bending relies heavly on misdirection. Third, teens are more likely to suspect gimmicks. And it increases if you bring your own forks from home. Teens will have the tendency to believe that they are trick forks.

That's why I suggest coins instead. Much more natural. It's a common item, and you don't have to bring anything with you.