View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:30 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flight2 wrote:
my dumb dad didnt let me go
it sucks

He's not dumb. He knows more than you, and probably saved your [edited].
Learn some respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Well, get over it. Hopefully you can still do the birthday parties you booked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I have a feeling there was no show, and there are no kids shows either. He was just trying to stir up the pot a bit and get everyone in a frenzy.

Well done, flight, well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:38 pm 
born to perform.

i do have a kids show. it is on may 13th for 300+ people. So you can believe what you want but I am going to film it and post it on here. So, you will see when I post it.
Anyways, off to rehearse me show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

OK have fun. I cant wait to see the video. by the way, did you get the permission from every kids parents to film the show. I would have a problem with a kid filming my kids and displaying it all over the internet. Better start printing those release forms now, as 300 kids is quite alot of paperwork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flight2 wrote:
i do have a kids show. it is on may 13th for 300+ people. So you can believe what you want but I am going to film it and post it on here. So, you will see when I post it.
Anyways, off to rehearse me show.

I sure it goes alot better than your "talent show" as you showed a lack of...

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flight2 wrote:
my dumb dad didnt let me go
it sucks
Well that seems a little silly. I mean, didn't you pass the idea with him before even considering the gig? That seems like a logical step, since you are still quite young.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Talent? Patter? Practice? Any of those fit at the end of your sentence, David? Sorry Flight2, but judging from your Talent Show video, I don't think you're ready for this. I am in no way saying that I could do a 300+ people show, because I know I would not be able to handle something like that. Oh, and good luck with those release forms. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

adjones wrote:
Talent? Patter? Practice? Any of those fit at the end of your sentence, David? Sorry Flight2, but judging from your Talent Show video, I don't think you're ready for this. I am in no way saying that I could do a 300+ people show, because I know I would not be able to handle something like that. Oh, and good luck with those release forms. :D

Bingo. :idea:

And fallingblood made a very good point. You think someone your age would think of checking with your parents. As they would drive you there, and beheld liable for your screw ups legally.

I dont think you ever had one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:34 am 
born to perform.

hi
ok
first off, my talent show did not go how i expected. if you would have seen it before i screwed up it was a great show that could have gotten 1st. At the big church show on the HUGE stage i will be performing and everything will go ok. I think you guys are just jealous. the only person that sticks up for me on here is DaveV so thank you DaveV

By the way, i couldn't go today because i went and watched the Houston Grand Prix cars drive. So I had a lot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:38 am 
Emperor Penguin

You told us your dad wouldnt let you go, which is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:53 am 
Emperor Penguin

flight2 wrote:
hi
ok
first off, my talent show did not go how i expected. if you would have seen it before i screwed up it was a great show that could have gotten 1st. At the big church show on the HUGE stage i will be performing and everything will go ok. I think you guys are just jealous. the only person that sticks up for me on here is DaveV so thank you DaveV

By the way, i couldn't go today because i went and watched the Houston Grand Prix cars drive. So I had a lot of fun.

Your full of it.
Your changing stories for one. Get your stories straight, tell the truth, learn some respect. You were braggin so highly about your gig. :roll:

Two; me jealous? Ha, I am far from that. I have been asked to perform for the Soldiers of Fort-Hood, the largest army fort in the US. On the 4th of July. Two day later I will be performing at the State Capitol. I was asked to do both these shows. ASKED :!: Ya.

So you are in houston, hmm. I live in Galveston half the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:33 am 
born to perform.

so now an employer regards you as unreliable, and will not hire you again, and will think twice about having another magician. Well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:27 pm 
born to perform.

he told me i wasnt aallowed to go. i didn't know why. yesterday he surprised me and took me to watch the grandprix cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:29 pm 

So you're telling us you really didn't *have* the gig in the first place. If you didn't at least arrange for permission to do this, it seems more and more like it was just wishful thinking on your part all along.

flight2 wrote:
he told me i wasnt aallowed to go. i didn't know why.

I know some possibilities, he didn't think you were ready and didn't want to see you embarrass yourself in public. Or, he thinks you're too young. If your own father thinks that, listen to him, he's probably right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next