View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Juggling tip
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:32 pm 
Penguin

Hi guys, I started to take up juggling since I do kids shows and well, its practically something you need to do at kid shows, anyway, I was practicing 3 balls (highest amount I can do lol) and I found that I was sprinting to catch the balls because I was accidently throwing them a bit infront of me, if any of you guys have this problem, you can perfect juggling using this tecnique i thought of, by using this technique i mastered juggling only in a few days :roll: lol, but all you do is go up to a wall and start juggling the balls on the wall so they dont fly infront of you, this sounds dumb but i assure you its great, then once you go really good on the wallgradually take steps back, off of the wall and soon you will be able to juggle :D

I just thought this might help a few of you struggling jugglers :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Instead of practicing against a wall, you can also run your hand along the ball before you throw it up. It's kind of hard to explain, but basically, you are putting a spin on the ball by dragging your fingers against it while throwing it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:04 pm 
born to perform.

That's also a great way to get holes in your wall. I always just chased the balls and then I began to get more stable and can successfully do it without moving or dropping them. But everyone has a different style...

Something that doesn't involve getting up close and personal with a wall is to posistion yourself next to a bed, so that your legs are pressing onto it, this prevents you from running after it and it also helps you not have to pick the balls up as much, since their just hitting the bed.

fallingblood wrote:
Instead of practicing against a wall, you can also run your hand along the ball before you throw it up. It's kind of hard to explain, but basically, you are putting a spin on the ball by dragging your fingers against it while throwing it up.

Do you mean like placing hook on a ball? So instead of it just going through its normal pathway it goes up and out a little bit and then back in like when you're juggling two in one hand?

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Thats exactly what he means, its kind of like throwing a bowling ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:32 am 
born to perform.

I used to have that same problem. I fixed it with two things:

I practiced standing against a step or something against my legs that prevented me from moving forward.

I also tossed the balls more to the left and right instead of up and down in front of me. I think it looks better that way as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:50 am 
born to perform.

I used the wall method when i first started. After i passed that step, i practiced over a bed so that when i dropped something i did not have to bend over so far to get it. The whole bending over process gets very tiring when you are doing it every 15 seconds or so for about an hour.....

Ben WInter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:03 pm 
born to perform.

curlyclimber222 wrote:
I used the wall method when i first started. After i passed that step, i practiced over a bed so that when i dropped something i did not have to bend over so far to get it. The whole bending over process gets very tiring when you are doing it every 15 seconds or so for about an hour.....

Ben WInter

I wasn't ever able to do the bed thing, because I have a loft bed to save space, but I never had to do sit-ups while I was learning! :wink:

Anyway, on topic I never really used any method, I just kept practicing.