View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 9637
Location: Toronto, Ontario
flight2 wrote:
hi
ok
first off, my talent show did not go how i expected. if you would have seen it before i screwed up it was a great show that could have gotten 1st. At the big church show on the HUGE stage i will be performing and everything will go ok. I think you guys are just jealous. the only person that sticks up for me on here is DaveV so thank you DaveV

By the way, i couldn't go today because i went and watched the Houston Grand Prix cars drive. So I had a lot of fun.

no gig will EVER go how you expect it, there are always suprises.

the way you can help prevent suprises is to practice and work in the real world and fail a few times.

people tell you that you're too young, and they are right, not too young to learn and to start preparing for when you're not to young. but if you can't make a show (if that really is why you didn't go :roll: ) because your dad wouldn't let you, then you are to young to be considered reliable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:19 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 721
i did have the ig. the manager wanted me to go and do table hopping. My dad took me to watch the grndprix races yesterday. We go every year. My dad would have let me go if we werent going to the races.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
flight2 wrote:
i did have the ig. the manager wanted me to go and do table hopping. My dad took me to watch the grndprix races yesterday. We go every year. My dad would have let me go if we werent going to the races.


So why didnt you say that the first time. Why did you call him dumb. Your story isnt straight.
Why did you make plans if you knew you were going to the races, as you said you do it every year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
Either way, it shows the manager that you are unreliable, and odds are they won't even think about hiring a magician again. And if your dad takes you every year, you should have thought about that and been expecting it before going and getting a gig. You should put more thought into these kinds of things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 721
i didnt know thre races were going to be this week


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
flight2 wrote:
i didnt know thre races were going to be this week


You should always plan ahead, check the calander. One reason why you are not ready, you dont look or plan ahead, you dont follow through.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 9637
Location: Toronto, Ontario
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
flight2 wrote:
i didnt know thre races were going to be this week


You should always plan ahead, check the calander. One reason why you are not ready, you dont look or plan ahead, you dont follow through.

agreed

flight: so you know, if you are not going to put the time and practice or take the time to show up to your gigs, then please don't work.

as a proffesional magician I've been turned down for a job simply because the establishment had 'a bad expirience' with a magician previously.

there is no need to shoot the entire community in the foot, either work hard, accept advice and show up to your jobs or please do not work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 721
i do follow through
i lready have 2 shows on my caleneder


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:54 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Posts: 1394
Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada
Yet you didn't follow through for that one. It only takes one mistake for a manager of a restaurant to be sour about us magicians.
He's basically saying, don't plan a gig unless you are 100% sure you can follow through with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
flight2 wrote:
i do follow through
i lready have 2 shows on my caleneder


Just because you have two shows on your calender does not mean you follow through. You had a gig for Friday... but did you follow through? No. Having two shows on your calender means that two people/groups are counting on you, not that you follow through.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:16 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
flight2 wrote:
i do follow through
i lready have 2 shows on my caleneder


You have yet to prove that.
Just book those are on you books, doesnt mean you have followed through.
Once you have gone to them and performed, then you will have followed through.

You still only want to argue, rather than take advice and listen to those of us that do this for a living or that at least have more experience than you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:53 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Posts: 1394
Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada
that's what kids do when confronted with advice.
and generally why people usually don't hire people your age, and why we advised you against this.
you have made a bad name for any other magician that wants to go and perform where you were going to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:02 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 6622
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
flight- Really, just start listening to the advice given. It will make your life a lot easier. If you want to continue making up excuses, or arguing, you are going to have a lot more trouble then you need.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Apr 2004
Posts: 2592
Location: Herts, England
i dont know how clever you think you sound, but 2 shows on a calender is pretty pathetic.

Tell the parents what you did to the manager, and they will book another magician.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.