View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:35 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I personally learned from the DVD Contact Juggling Part 1 and 2 by Maldonaldo and Edson. You can get it at dube.com. But honestly, I think Contact by Tyas Frantz looks pretty good as well, and will be getting it on my next purchase, just for an additional resource.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Thanks, I'll be sure to tell him (my friend). Knowing him he'll probably forget by lunch-time, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:33 pm 
Penguin

Here is a little of my contact juggling. Excuse the terrible hat hair. I am the first contact juggler in the video. I was a little mad because they cut out my isolations at the end. Isolations are my favorit.

Click (March 2007 - The Buffalo Jugglers Three Ball Video) at http://buffalojugglers.org/photos.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:12 pm 
born to perform.

cakkid wrote:
Here is a little of my contact juggling. Excuse the terrible hat hair. I am the first contact juggler in the video. I was a little mad because they cut out my isolations at the end. Isolations are my favorit.

Click (March 2007 - The Buffalo Jugglers Three Ball Video) at http://buffalojugglers.org/photos.html

Holy [edited] that was really good. REALLY good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

cakkid wrote:

Man, that was awesome! You're the best contact juggler I've seen so far... great job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:19 pm 
Penguin

cool, I liked it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:10 pm 
born to perform.

Awesome job man, I wanna learn some Contact Juggling for my stage routine, you may have just inspired me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

What is the best size ball to start with on contact juggling? I have fairly good sized hands, but I do not know where to begin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:49 am 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
magikrn wrote:
What is the best size ball to start with on contact juggling? I have fairly good sized hands, but I do not know where to begin.
I am starting with the biggest size and working down. I am going to try that anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:51 am 
born to perform.

I hate contact juggling now. It's just not fun! Sure, it looks incredible and if you can do it, you'll really be rewarded, but it's just not enjoyable enough to practice for me. I like juggling three balls, tossing and catching in all sorts of directions, going wild, not "Oh my God if I move an inch this ball will drop and crack and I will be ruined!"

I also think the DVD sucks. It's like the coin roll! You see everything being done in full sight, and all Tyas does is break down the motions in 30 seconds of you. His teaching is pretty enjoyable though, he's pretty funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:02 am 
Penguin

Any ball will work if you want to get started you can even use oranges. An acrylic ball depending on size will cost you about 25-40 bucks but expect if you get started with acrylics they will get beat up I promise. check out these juggling sights price around and yes even tennis balls will work but they are quite light, you could always cut a hole in them fill them wioth sand or dirt and duct tape it back, not the prettiest but a cost effective way to start.

Here are all the juggling sights I have in my favorites so far
www.jugglinstore.com/
www.seriousjuggling.com/
www.dube.com/
www.renegadejuggling.com/
www.higginsborthers.com/

As well don't forget to google local juggling clubs they usually have meetings and lots of friendly people. I got my Dube clubs for $45 bucks which is a huge savings as opposed to getting started for $129-150 bucks I'm hard pressed to spend that kind of money when I know I'm going to be dropping and tearing these up during the learning process. Good luck with your new found contact juggling and just like Magic practice is one key to succesfull juggling, and don't get discouraged. Probably alot more info than you were asking for but, I figured why not I love to share information. Also look up this book at your local library 1-2-3 Juggle its a newer book that covers the basic of contact, single and even multiballspinning. Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:10 am 
Penguin

tupelo wrote:
magikrn wrote:
I am starting with the biggest size and working down. I am going to try that anyway.

I was conteplating this very idea on the bus today, the larger the ball the easier it is to contact juggle, more surface and usually added weight. I would suggst starting smaller and working onyour practice for a long time.
If you can control small balls the you will be pleasently suprised when you move up to a larger size. You will have bulit good control by that point and will probably be farther ahead than you thought. Thas just my thoughts and opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 pm 
Penguin

zachmonky wrote:
contact juggling is being shipped to my house tomorow, will tennis balls work?

yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 am 
born to perform.

Logan420 wrote:
zachmonky wrote:
contact juggling is being shipped to my house tomorow, will tennis balls work?

yes

NO THEY WON'T! Tennis balls are WAYYYY too light to work as contact juggling practice balls. You will be in for a sad awakening when you start to use real acrylics.
I have been into Sphere-play for the last five months, and I have learned a lot (I specialize in isolations, as they are my favorite part of the whole charade). Right now, I am working on creating a fun routine that I can work to music, and just play with as a fun thing to do that passes the time, and keeps my dexterity levels up. I find that this is a great way to pass the time during the summer months, just hanging out in the park downtown. Plenty of indirect attention, which is precisely what I like to draw.

Post subject: Re: Contact
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 pm 
Penguin

I've been contact juggling for a couple years now. The best thing I can say is: start with a lacross ball. They're a bit lighter and harder to control than the acrylic BUT they aren't nearly as destructive either. Trust me, you will be flinging that ball everywhere. It will be bouncing off walls, ceilings, computers, cars, windows and anything else you can name unless you practice in a closet. I'm not joking when I say an acrylic ball CAN go through sheet rock from a simple butterfly move.

As I said, the lacross balls are a bit more difficult to control but once you can control a lacross ball well the acrylics will actually be easier to use. [edited]'s Sporting goods sells dozen lacross ball packs for like, 12 bucks. You can keep a ball in every room in your house with that.

One other thing: learn from my mistake...make sure you practice just as much (if not more) with your off hand as you do with your main hand. I spent more time with my right hand than I did with my left so now I'm having to go back and really work on my left hand. This difference in muscle memory caused me to hit a major plateau with my tricks and moves. I was just so excited about being able to do stuff that I skipped some fundamentals that I'm kicking myself for now.

But that's just my opinion. I'm going to go back to playing with my balls now.