View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:28 pm 
Penguin

mochin wrote:
This story as told by Ian has more holes than a golf course!!!! There seems to be only one way to resolve this fairytail of Ian's, but to respect Dave V as the moderator the issue cannot be resolved here at this forum. If Ian McColl has real faith in his story and prop then I will leave it up to him to figure out the most honorable solution which won't require much thought on his part. Hint... all eyes on this coming October!!!!

I bet he won't make the flight!!!!

KINGDINI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:23 pm 
Penguin

Looks like there is only one way to settle this one. Where do I buy the tickets?

Santino Labeef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:20 pm 
born to perform.

Well, let's see...Mark Cannon both heads the convention and is the U.S. dealer for the device...He lives in CA...the con is in CA...he could bring the device and a good-grade padlock to the con...Mr. Baker's home base is in CA...I'm sure arrangements could be made. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:31 am 
Penguin

Mr Baker already knows I will not be going to this years convention but at least I can afford to travel. It is a no win situation anyway for these three reasons, 1) The STR8_cuff has already beaten him 2) if he was to win, it would be put down to having time to think up a plan of attack after two years. 3) If he was to lose, then it would be put down to a frail old man who couldn't do it any more.

In my mind there is nothing to gain. Been there and got the photo's.
All I need now is a T shirt.

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:56 am 
Penguin

replicator wrote:
Mr Baker already knows I will not be going to this years convention but at least I can afford to travel. It is a no win situation anyway for these three reasons, 1) The STR8_cuff has already beaten him 2) if he was to win, it would be put down to having time to think up a plan of attack after two years. 3) If he was to lose, then it would be put down to a frail old man who couldn't do it any more.

Ian

The above quote gets the chicken excuse award of the year!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:25 am 
Penguin

mochin wrote:
replicator wrote:

Ian

I think the burden of proof for here falls on Mr. McColl no one else. He tells a story about a restraint that he claims beat a world famous escape artist. The story just does not add up when you look back over the career of the escape artist in question. I believe what actually happened according to several who were there is that the escape artist in question agreed to be photographed with the restraint on at the request of Ian McColl. The event was never at any time a challenge to escape from the restraint. Ian McColl then chose to pick the lock while being photographed not because the escape artist could not get out. It was only a promo move for the restraint and Ian McColl knows that. I think Ian McColl needs to stop this very misleading con and put his prop to the test. He needs to stop making excuses and let his prop do the talking once and for all.

Don Randini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:37 am 
Penguin

DonRandini wrote:
mochin wrote:
replicator wrote:

Ian

I think the burden of proof for here falls on Mr. McColl no one else. He tells a story about a restraint that he claims beat a world famous escape artist. The story just does not add up when you look back over the career of the escape artist in question. I believe what actually happened according to several who were there is that the escape artist in question agreed to be photographed with the restraint on at the request of Ian McColl. The event was never at any time a challenge to escape from the restraint. Ian McColl then chose to pick the lock while being photographed not because the escape artist could not get out. It was only a promo move for the restraint and Ian McColl knows that. I think Ian McColl needs to stop this very misleading con and put his prop to the test. He needs to stop making excuses and let his prop do the talking once and for all.

Don Randini

The builder should put his story and creation on the line! I see no reason why this could not be arranged as Dr Stephen Midnight has pointed out. Now where can I buy tickets again?

Santino Labeef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:21 pm 
born to perform.

Also, those promoting Mr. Baker should let him speak for himself...unless he already is. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:01 pm 
Penguin

Guys you cannot even hold a good conversation and move creatively from on thread to the next. You counter you own claims and don't even remeber what you have said. You don't indentified yourselves so we can see who you are , what skills or experiecne you have and your arguements therefore don't hold water.

How can it be that the STR8-cuff held Baker?
Randini said " rather odd simple looking device? It appears it locks via a padlock. "
Wouldn't Baker be able to beat a simple devise and padlock???

Mochin said" it's just a bent piece of metal with a hole to apply the lock to secure."
hasn't Baker beaten bent metal like chain and oval loops before??

Why would any want to pay $220.00 as Mochin said for a cuff that was so easy to get out of, which i might add why there is now after the Baker inicent a gimmciked model so people can get out.

And Santino Labeef said "The builder should put his story and creation on the line!"

I have.

Ian
PS If it's not true, why worry but it seems to be worring the heck out of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:15 pm 
Penguin

replicator wrote:
Guys you cannot even hold a good conversation and move creatively from on thread to the next. You counter you own claims and don't even remeber what you have said. You don't indentified yourselves so we can see who you are , what skills or experiecne you have and your arguements therefore don't hold water.

How can it be that the STR8-cuff held Baker?
Randini said " rather odd simple looking device? It appears it locks via a padlock. "
Wouldn't Baker be able to beat a simple devise and padlock???

Mochin said" it's just a bent piece of metal with a hole to apply the lock to secure."
hasn't Baker beaten bent metal like chain and oval loops before??

Why would any want to pay $220.00 as Mochin said for a cuff that was so easy to get out of, which i might add why there is now after the Baker inicent a gimmciked model so people can get out.

And Santino Labeef said "The builder should put his story and creation on the line!"

I have.

Ian
PS If it's not true, why worry but it seems to be worring the heck out of you.

Keep running around the truth Ian. October is coming quickly.......... you may not be there, but I know the STR8-cuff will be!!!

Don Randini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:37 pm 
Penguin

Come October, not one but two people will escape from the STR8!!!! I wonder who those two pros will be :?: :?: :?: :?:

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:18 am 
Penguin

Wow that's going to be great. As the one which beat Steve Mr Escape baker is here with me. I guess you will have to use another one. Maybe one out there or one to be ordered and customized to a larger size so a man of small biuld can escape.

As the cost os too high and it's only strap steel bent to a simple design, then I guess you will build your own.
I sumise you will set up an escape challenge as if I was involved and make a big deal of and maybe escape by your rules and condition but not mind.

Have fun and enjoy, that's what escape are for.

You will be able to sit back and think how fantastic you all are and how this setup has changed the world and made it a better place to live in.

go get up kids.

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:32 pm 
Penguin

replicator wrote:
Wow that's going to be great. As the one which beat Steve Mr Escape baker is here with me. I guess you will have to use another one. Maybe one out there or one to be ordered and customized to a larger size so a man of small biuld can escape.

As the cost os too high and it's only strap steel bent to a simple design, then I guess you will build your own.
I sumise you will set up an escape challenge as if I was involved and make a big deal of and maybe escape by your rules and condition but not mind.

Have fun and enjoy, that's what escape are for.

You will be able to sit back and think how fantastic you all are and how this setup has changed the world and made it a better place to live in.

go get up kids.

Ian

The Cannon's sell the STR8 device you make and I'm sure it won't be a problem for anyone who wants to buy one to get one. Are they going to sensor everyone? I doubt the one you have was specially made just for that past event.

KINGDINI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Guys,

Just a different thought here....

...but who the heck cares?

Other than you guys of course.

The very fact that so many of you REALLY believe that EITHER version of the story matters, speaks volumnes.

Guess what, NO ONE can get out of anything. Houdini couldn't, you can't.

ENTERTAINMENT TO THE AUDIENCE!

You know, the people PAYING to watch you. THAT is the issue.

This other stuff is childish beyond comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:28 am 
Penguin

mochin wrote:
Come October, not one but two people will escape from the STR8!!!! I wonder who those two pros will be :?: :?: :?: :?:

:twisted:

Well the convention has been and gone and your claim didn't happen.

Still another six months on (April 2009) and nothing happened. Where Baker when you want to challenge him?? Seems that 'Nuzum' failed to get the good by his own evil deeds.