Search pickpocketing on youtube and find "the real hustle" and you'll find the right one that illustrates a great technique that I use and is fool proof if you can master it. I myself am FAR from MASTERING it but I CAN do it without people noticing. He makes a "fake" wallet from folded up newspaper (that I personally tape to keep it from falling apart) and he takes the wallet, and as the wallet comes out it creates a "slide" type of thing. There is when you put the newspaper in as the wallet is still coming out. Tips on this are
1. DO NOT use this technique on deep pants. Play with this on different pants and see how your fingers work with them.
2. I use my thumb and forefinger and i do not use a "gentle" touch. You should do it forcefully and rapidly. But smoothly.
3. search for Techniques of the professional pickpocket. and you can download it. here http://rapidshare.com/files/23271025/Te ... pocket.pdf
4. This technique DOES involve a shove or push. And don't just brush them....push them decently hard.
5. Timing is key. It took me about 5 days to accomplish this tech successfully. Be patient and ask for help from family and close friends and let them give you feedback. This is CRUCIAL for pickpocketing skill development.
Besides that I dont know what else to say. I was at six flags and I wanted to try this tech out on this older guy. In his mid 40's I'd say. All i did was bump and just touch his wallet....i did NOT take it. And afterwards my friend told me he patted himself down. So I wouldn't recommend older folks for beginners. Try younger punks and so on. This is a great skill to have for magic and otherwise *wink wink*.