View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Paint ball bullet catch.
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:48 pm 
Penguin

Me and my friend (also a magican) have bin thinking about a illusion, the paint ball bullet catch. It will basicly be a bullet catch using a paintball gun. Any advice or suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:54 pm 
born to perform.

http://www.bobkohlermagic.com/vcom/prod ... ucts_id=84

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:02 pm 
Penguin

thats actually a really good idea!!!! i think i'm gonna use that at my magic show..... THANKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:19 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sounds really good, and a great alternative to a real gun. Good luck with it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:28 pm 

I take it you saw Justin Kredible perform? He uses it to close his show. I asked him about it and he said it's that one. He also said they couldn't get the gun anymore so it was discontinued. Guess they found them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:47 pm 
born to perform.

blackbeltbud wrote:
thats actually a really good idea!!!! i think i'm gonna use that at my magic show..... THANKS

Would that be your magic show containing the "awesome" effect that you don't tell anyone about? LOL

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

This has been done for real before, more than once.

But I guess an illusion would be nice alternative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:27 pm 

This routine is much cleaner than any of the others I've seen, though. Kreds pulled it off really well and the paintball was signed. I didn't even see a steal. That's why this runs that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:16 am 

When I was in Vegas this last December, I got together with Bob Kohler and we talked at length about a number of effects he was producing and marketing. One of these effects was Velocity. It really is an amazing updated version of a very old effect. The fact that the spectator signs and loads the gun immediately before firing it really helps to sell the impossibility of this effect.

I purchased Velocity directly from Bob and it's one of the key effects in my stage show. It really does pack small and play HUGE! But be forwarned. A lot of really good acting is necessary to present any bullet catch effect, and this is no exception.

Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:12 pm 
Penguin

I know its bin done befor. Gest me and my friend decided to think of a method, witch can be done with a barrowed ( spelling) paintball gun and paintballs. I really hope I dont screw up. We are also thinking about doing it blind folded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:44 pm 

If I were you, I'd go for the chest rather than the face. Just in case...

Do a "Kung Fu" sort of grab and snatch it out of the air. Lots of acting, and just as exciting for the audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:51 pm 
Penguin

DaveV wrote:
If I were you, I'd go for the chest rather than the face. Just in case...

Do a "Kung Fu" sort of grab and snatch it out of the air. Lots of acting, and just as exciting for the audience.

I was planning to have him shoot at my side and do a " Kung Fu " grab, never will he be shooting at my face ar body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:21 am 

So you expect someone to just "happen" to bring a paintball gun and paintballs to your show? Where I'm from people don't just carry these things around with them all the time. I mean it's not like borrowing a coin or something. In other words, borrowing the item is not natural. People will see him as a stooge.

The borrowed gun method also means that the spectator cannot load the gun himself. He can't confirm that the ball actually went into the chamber just seconds before he fired the gun. In all, the effect becomes much weaker.

This also means you have to give the gun and paintballs back at the end of the performance. So now, you run the risk of an audience member grabbing the gun and firing it at you while you are still on stage. Why not? You caught the bullet before didn't you?

Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:06 pm 
Penguin

magicman845 wrote:
So you expect someone to just "happen" to bring a paintball gun and paintballs to your show? Where I'm from people don't just carry these things around with them all the time. I mean it's not like borrowing a coin or something. In other words, borrowing the item is not natural. People will see him as a stooge.

The borrowed gun method also means that the spectator cannot load the gun himself. He can't confirm that the ball actually went into the chamber just seconds before he fired the gun. In all, the effect becomes much weaker.

This also means you have to give the gun and paintballs back at the end of the performance. So now, you run the risk of an audience member grabbing the gun and firing it at you while you are still on stage. Why not? You caught the bullet before didn't you?

Kent

the place that i'm performing at has paintball guns right there and i know the guy that runs them and he said i could use one for this trick.

Last edited by blackbeltbud on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:13 pm 
Penguin