View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:43 am 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
akirafist wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
I like the idea of a few people having special forum ranks, but you'll have to be careful that it doesn't lead to jealousy and unnecessary sucking up!

It would. Even does in the business industry where adults scramble to inform the boss how great he looks. I can't imagine what kinda havoc it would bring here. IMHO of course. :)

If things like jealosy and anger come out of it,then the person in charge can simply lower the persons 'reputation'.It works fine on some other forums because people have fears of getting their 'reps' lowered.

-YNWA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:10 am 
Team Penguin

I'm participating in another forum that has the reputation feature. I'll definitely check it out and make a recommendation to Maxwell for the 2.0 site if it plays out well.

Thanks,

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:11 am 
born to perform.

ronaldinho wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
I like the idea of a few people having special forum ranks, but you'll have to be careful that it doesn't lead to jealousy and unnecessary sucking up!

If things like jealosy and anger come out of it,then the person in charge can simply lower the persons 'reputation'.It works fine on some other forums because people have fears of getting their 'reps' lowered.

-YNWA

Yes, I'm sure people won't be scrambling to get the "Useless Suckup" and "cant speL" forum ranks. Actually, it would be funny to have ranks like that as a threat.

Nevertheless I think there should still be post count related ranks, but it's difficult to come up with adequate spheniscine phrases. If penguins' young had a more macho name than "chick" I think that would make a good starting rank. Unless people think that "Chick" is fine. Also, "Little Penguin" might be an appropriate title since that is a species. Higher ranks could include "Royal Penguin" or "King Penguin". I don't know if a king is higher or lower than an emperor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:43 am 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
I would want "Sarcastic Mentor" as my tag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:35 pm 
born to perform.

I would want the "I didn't think twice about my user name and chose it because my first order was placed on a computer while I was in Mexico" tag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:05 am 
Penguin

Location: Milky Way, Sol System, Earth, West Hemisphere, United States, Florida, Orlando
I think that penguin should have a seperate section for impromptu tricks. I regret many card purchases because I like impromptu stuff the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 am 
born to perform.

There would have to be custom built tags, like "Football Freak", reserved for Ronaldinho and myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:05 am 
born to perform.

1. get more stage effects
2. have more tricks in stock
3. get a new website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:16 am 
born to perform.

I've recently seen a couple of posts from customers not being aware that paying by PayPal delays the order by a couple of days, even for instant downloads. The only place not on the forums where PayPal is mentioned is the Help page, which doesn't bring up the subject of delays. It probably should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:02 pm 
Penguin

Location: Milky Way, Sol System, Earth, West Hemisphere, United States, Florida, Orlando
They need to be better at restocking stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:11 pm 
Penguin

They should also rate tricks by impromptuness, ease, and foolproofness. Ergo: Closer,
setup, **---
skill involved, ****-
angles, ***--

Stars are out of five.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:54 pm 
Penguin

How about a search where you tell them:

Your level magician: beginer, intermediete or expert
your style of magic: close up, mentalism, levitation etc
Where you perform: school, stage, street
price range: $$$-$$$
Popular tricks: tricks that you like performing

and the search results would be the tricks that suit you.

would this be a good or bad idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:20 am 

The trouble is, magicians have really big egos. I've read (as recently as today) someone claiming to be "intermediate to advanced" asking for rather basic "beginner" information.

I saw some killer material just a couple of nights ago that method-wise sat squarely in the realm of "so stupidly simple, it's embarrassing" but the results on the audience were astounding!

A ranking system would be great if it worked. In the mean time, we'll have to settle for in depth reviews so we can make our own choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:45 pm 
Penguin

Hey DaveV, (or any other mods) can't you make this thread a sticky?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:53 pm 

Well, I *could* but we have our own set of rules. If deemed appropriate it'll be stickied soon enough by a Head Mod, Administrator, or Sam himself.

The best way to keep a non-sticky topic near the top is to keep making great suggestions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next