View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Criss angel rise over 300 feet
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:16 pm 
Penguin

Have anyone watch Mindfreak show? I do. Yesterday on channel A&E at 10pm I watch mindfreak show. I really shocked that criss angel can fly over 300 feet over building and light was 800*F and he not burn up. Any one know how he have done that??

Thank you
Brandon

Post subject: Re: Criss angel rise over 300 feet
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:28 pm 
Penguin

Magicisbest wrote:
Have anyone watch Mindfreak show? I do. Yesterday on channel A&E at 10pm I watch mindfreak show. I really shocked that criss angel can fly over 300 feet over building and light was 800*F and he not burn up. Any one know how he have done that??

Thank you
Brandon

Practice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:13 pm 
born to perform.

It's magic,

or maybe it's fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:15 pm 
Emperor Penguin

It was very good, and I loved the hour long special episode. I don't know how he did it, but it was very entertaining. I know he won't be reading this, but good job, anyway, Criss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:50 pm 
born to perform.

I tought it was dumb that he kept saying the light itself was 800 degrees and he could burn up in it. But the guy who managed the light system clearly said the light BULB was 800 degrees. Lier! :P

-connor- 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:28 pm 
Penguin

Well here's a vid that exposes that its camera tricks, I'm pretty sure penguin lets you reveal tricks if it's just camera???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vFvetRFj7A0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:51 pm 
born to perform.

GosuTricks wrote:
Well here's a vid that exposes that its camera tricks, I'm pretty sure penguin lets you reveal tricks if it's just camera???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vFvetRFj7A0

ouchy to all the people who say he dosent use camera tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That has been posted before and it does nothing to prove it was a camera trick, it only proves the person who made it has way too much time on his hands and needs to find something else to obsess about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:21 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
That has been posted before and it does nothing to prove it was a camera trick, it only proves the person who made it has way too much time on his hands and needs to find something else to obsess about.

and is right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Well I agree that that levitation was a camera trick, but thats besides the point. I have always said it was a camera trick, just go look at my very first post here at penguin and you will see.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Scratch that, 3rd post ever by the man they call magikrn!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:06 pm 
born to perform.

It was a camera trick, but it was a camera trick because of two things:

1. Viewing angles were controlled by the camera. There was something up above him so no shot could show directly above him.

2. Editing allowed shots showing wires flashing to be cut out. I don't want to expose a levitation wire hiding secret here, but it was used for this in combination with editing to keep the wires from being seen. Thats why multiple performances were needed, and the multiple performances are the reason clouds move around from shot to shot.

However, no cgi was used. The person saying that is very wrong I think because I feel certain about how the levitation was done, and it was backed up by something he said in the video.

Luckily, the person is too stupid to figure out what was going on even though they figured something out confirming what I had thought was done in the levitation.

I've said it before and I will say it again, if you want to see how Angel did the building to building levitation just look in the background of the video. You see the "gimmick" if you can call it that more than once, although its not the gimmick he was using. The one he used wasn't ever shown in the video. And then of course they used some techniques to hide the wires.

Another thing that points to the building to building levitation not being cgi is the fact that Angel had his feet flat. I feel like his feet were flat to control at what point he turned to go to the other building. By turning his foot of both feet to the right someone could be signaled that he wanted them to turn right.

I don't know why Angel doesn't just decide that stuff ahead of time on levitations and tell the people, but he obviously must not since he uses his hands as signals to go up and down for the smaller levitations that need assistance.

Now as for the Luxor levitation, I don't think it was a camera trick. It was done for people live, it was at night, it was incredibly far away from people, and he had funny lighting to work with. I mean those conditions make it very easy to pull off a levitation.

But I think the close-up shots were camera tricks using cgi. The reason I think that is because you actually see one shot of angel looking down on the Luxor with a camera crew in the helicopter. So it seems like its not likely they would just fly over it for no good reason WITH the camera crew on board. I think they were filming the shots that were the close-up shots of Angel, and then edited in a cgi image of Angel.

As for the temp deal, its simple. They didn't have the light on, so it wasn't hot. And then when they did turn it on, I doubt it gets hot instantly. And the light above it wouldn't be hot since light is not actually hot. The heat would just radiate up into the air for some distance, and the further away it would be the cooler it would be. So Angel was high enough not to be in the heat, and the light had not been on long enough to heat up to start with.

And the levitation in the atrium in my opinion was pure cgi. I think he acted like he was going to jump, and they filmed shots of everyone reacting to that, got releases to use it in the episode, and then edited in cgi images of Angel floating down to the ground.

But really who knows unless we actually helped with the method. I mean there is more than one way to do most things anyway, so just because one would work and seems probably doesn't mean thats how it was done actually.

I loved the Luxor Light levitation though. It was a very good idea, and a very good way to use the Luxor as a perfect giant live stage for a large scale levitation. I do think its a little hypocritical of Angel to put down Daniel Holmes for doing a building to building levitation at night, and then do a levitation at night though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:05 pm 
Penguin

the atrium one was deffinitly not cgi. it was multiple performances and paid acters. when he starts the trick off, he seems to be doing his self levitation trick in reverse. him comming down can easily be wire tricks, once again, multiple performances, and people paid to go "ooooh" "aahhh". and the cameras that are supposably footage other people tapped, thats just criss's crew using multiple cameras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:59 pm 
born to perform.

I think it was cgi mainly because it looked like it was cgi, and secondly because you could tell the majority of the shots of people reacting were shots of them reacting to thinking he was going to jump off. Plus, if they somehow managed to set up wires inside the Luxor, they really wouldn't have any control over the lighting inside, which would mean they would need to use cgi to edit out the wires at least. And they would also be risking someone seeing them doing it and then exposing it on the internet, but Angel doesn't seem to mind that anyway, but inside the Luxor would be a much higher risk than normal since there would be so many people that could see them doing it. And last I don't think he would hook himself up to wires and risk dying for that illusion. Inside that high up just seems very risky to me to be doing, so I doubt he actually was from the top to the bottom, or from the bottom to the top. Thats just my opinion about it. It just seems like cgi to me.

Post subject: Re: Criss angel rise over 300 feet
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:02 pm 
Penguin

junedance wrote:
Magicisbest wrote:

Thank you
Brandon

Practice

Um, Actually, it was not criss angel up there. it was a dummy. that was the heat. and the levitation was a silent black helicopte 700 more feet above his head with a thin wire that is less than a millimeter thick, and can hold 100 kg. david copperfeild uses the same wire