View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: on the spot
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:48 pm 
born to perform.

i got this dvd as a present a while ago, and man, it is amazing. This is one of my top 2 favorite magic trick dvds i own today! why? because i use almost all of this stuff! (or i am planning on adding it to my repretor of tricks ones i get the moves down a little bit better).

their are so many times i get dvds that have mabie one or two really good tricks, then a couple that are ok, and then some that it seems like the guy added them just to take up room. (and those extra ones that are bad don't seem like they fit in the catergory at all. they don't seem praticle for the purpose of the dvd.)
This is one of the reasons i love this dvd so much. ALL the tricks are practicle, and they are all ones that take up hardly any space in your pocket! I use/will be using all but 2 of the tricks! what a good investment! also, all the tricks use either small objects, or objects you borrow! ex: their are tricks that use quarters, a pen, keys you carry! and the tricks are very very unique! I love card tricks, and coin tricks, but other unique tricks are always good. variety is one thing i like to focus on, and this dvd has it. Their are multiple tricks where you borrow something from the spectator, and that is all you need to do to acompish the trick! he says "as far as i'm concerned, do it at your next corperate event". are you kidding! these are perfect for that! their is one trick he teaches that uses keys. (the keys on your key ring.) this is one of my favorites on the dvd. why? because i carry my keys with me anyway when i drive, and now i can do an amazing trick with the keys! and that is all i need! just the keys on the key ring! nothing else!!! i love it!

now, if you know me i am a cheep person. i don't like spending more then i need to. and i usually complain about the price of stuff. This is the first dvd, that i will honestly say i believe is worth the money you pay for it. yes, it is $50.00. but for what is on the dvd, it is well worth it. it deserves to be $50.00. you know the says "good things cost good money" this is the only thing i think i can apply that saying to.

bottom line: if you are looking for unique tricks/ variety in tricks and you don't like set up, and you don't like to carry big objects on you for pocket managment issues, YOU NEED THIS DVD. the stuff on here, like i said above, you either borrow everything, or you use the penny and dime, or quarter in your pocket, to do some hard hitting magic. now this is not for a beginner, and you'll need to practice a lot of this stuff, but it is worth it.
BOTTOM LINE: PICK THIS UP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:02 pm 
born to perform.

You're focusing on just the tricks on the DVD. Did you learn anything else from it? I personally learned the power of impromptu magic, I upgraded my misdirection tremendously, and by watching Greg on the streets, I learned the importance of getting people to laugh because it just makes performing easier. I use less than half of the tricks regularly, but it's still very, very helpful to me.

I use 3/4 across, questionable trick, recap, head trip, playful pickpocketing, and ring fright. I don't have nearly enough misdirection or confidence to do a watch steal (yet enough misdirection to pick your pockets clean!) and I hate that darn sylvester pitch so Toll Free and Florida Keys are out. Sponge Napkins I find useless. Quick Silver is easy for specs to catch. 99 cent trick is just vanishing coins, which I can do anytime I have coins. Glossy Finish is great, but it was exposed on Mindfreak and girls my age don't wear lipstick anyway.

Post subject: misdirection
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:42 pm 
Penguin

this dvd is essentially a misdirection workshop, by far the best money i spent

Post subject: also
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 pm 
Penguin

also another DVD with a good routine and strong misdirection is Psychokinetic Silverware - Gerry & Banachek

banachek is an awesome mentalist and knows how to control what his spectator sees, this is by far the best fork/metal bending routitne i have ever performed.

(he changed his name from steve shaw or something so if you see something by steve shaw that looks good i would consider getting it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:10 am 
born to perform.

oh yes, misdirection is the key pretty much in this dvd lol. i was thinking he should change the title from on the spot to simply: misdirection.

the dvd is very very good. and you can, like someone stated above, learn along just by the misdirection taught. great dvd. 11/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:26 pm 
Penguin

hey guys im waiting for this dvd in the mail and based on reading the reviews i cant WAIT till it arrives. the only thing is i read some other reviews and they said that most of the stuff is magic you would find in a little kid magic book...is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:31 pm 
born to perform.

ahealy wrote:
hey guys im waiting for this dvd in the mail and based on reading the reviews I cant WAIT till it arrives. the only thing is I read some other reviews and they said that most of the stuff is magic you would find in a little kid magic book...is this true?

Some tricks have such a simple secret that people think they could be in a kids book. However, with the sleights and misdirection they require, they are definitley not for kids books. These tricks are little, quick routines you can use to entertain "on the spot" without having to have anything special on you or setup beforehand. If you're planning to do a performance, you can combine these with some more mind-blowing effects to have a good show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:55 pm 
born to perform.

This is the best $50 you can spend. I used nothing but On the Spot material to entertain people when flying back from Paris (11 hour flight). Two couples followed me around and helped with my luggage (without me asking) afterward and a ton of people made a point to say bye.

Best DVD ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:08 pm 
Penguin

kraynik wrote:
ahealy wrote:
hey guys im waiting for this dvd in the mail and based on reading the reviews I cant WAIT till it arrives. the only thing is I read some other reviews and they said that most of the stuff is magic you would find in a little kid magic book...is this true?

Some tricks have such a simple secret that people think they could be in a kids book. However, with the sleights and misdirection they require, they are definitley not for kids books. These tricks are little, quick routines you can use to entertain "on the spot" without having to have anything special on you or setup beforehand. If you're planning to do a performance, you can combine these with some more mind-blowing effects to have a good show.
yeah thats what i figured, thanks. what is the best trick on the dvd in everyones opinion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:11 pm 
born to perform.

Oh man, definitley recap revisited. It's a very fun routine to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:30 pm 
Penguin

yeah thats what everyone says. wut does everyone think of that trick with the 3 quarters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:54 pm 
born to perform.

ahealy wrote:
yeah thats what everyone says. wut does everyone think of that trick with the 3 quarters?

That's the second best trick. How often do you buy something that's like $1.25 and you pay with 2 dollar bills, and get 75 cents back in change? That happens to me a lot, so I can used 3/4 across a lot. There are plenty of coins across tricks, but this one is open palmed. The specs see none, you close your hand, boom, a quarter appears. They see one quarter, you close your hand, boom, another appears. As you close your right hand a third time, your left hand (the one that was originally holding the coins) opens and is shown to be completely empty, and your right hand opens and has three quarters. This one takes a lot of practice and some misdirection, but it pays off. I know the user akirafirst especially likes this one :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:36 pm 
born to perform.

I use it nonstop. Grocery store line, Starbucks line, random people standing outside the supermarket, my waiter, people at the mall, etc.

Nobody has ever figured it out, and reactions are good.

ahealy wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:28 pm 
Penguin

wow thanks guys. the only problem i have is just waltzing up to some random people and do magic for them. how do you guys do it? do you just look at some one and say "hey , wanna see some magic?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:30 pm 
born to perform.

ahealy wrote:
wow thanks guys. the only problem I have is just waltzing up to some random people and do magic for them. how do you guys do it? do you just look at some one and say "hey , wanna see some magic?"

Okay now you're turning a review thread into an advice thread. First, search the street magic section for approaching people. There are many topics on that. If you still don't feel like your question is answered, make a new thread, but be specific about your problem.