View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best tricks for Restaurant Magicians
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:06 am 
born to perform.

O.K. I have $111.92 dollars to spend on "restaurant magic tricks". If you had read my other topic you would know im turning 16 in around 7 mouths and i'm getting ready to perform for Restaurants. But inorder for me to do that I need some more tricks! If you could please list some tricks that you think are perfect for "close-up/Restaurant tricks" and please, if possible put the price and the website you've found it along with the trick name to help me.

These are some of the supplies/tricks I have so far:
1.sponges(earplugs)
2.greed
3.two dollar window
4.coins
5.TT
6.super sharpie
7.a mini sharpie
8.card on celling
9.pen thru dollar
10.some mini silks
11.normal cards
12.snowstorm(card trick)
13.color chaning ball to jumbo square
14.Invisable thread for humming bird card or flotting bill
15.card to wallet (my version)
16.Airtight
17.three card monte
18.card-toon #1
19.tip on the toung
20.mini penguin cups
21.three shell game
22.three donimo monte
23.kids cards
24.disappering coin

These are all the tricks I have so far please highlight them if they are good for Restaurant magic when you list them (or you could just list them again I dont really care lol)

I do have At the Jailhouse DVD aswell. So I am starting to pratice harder on spelling and grammer and what not... And I do have a camera case that clips onto a belt and I can carry 1 deck of cards, greed, two card monte, coins, mini sharpie, pen thru dollar, small rope, earplugs or sponge balls all in the camera case at the same time. I could carry more tricks with me in my pockets cause I freed my pockets using the camera case so I could carry super sharpie/small notepad, deck of cards, and others that I have listed.

Well thanks alot for all your help and time for reading this!

MagicTay

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:38 am 
born to perform.

STOP STOP STOP!!!!!! You are NOT ready to go into restaurant magic!! If you have to go onto a message board and ask what you should be getting, then you aren't ready! Restaurant magic is a SERIOUS job in which professionals make their entire living from and I don't think you realize that. This isn't like the occassional birthday party, IT'S A FULL TIME JOB THAT PEOPLE MAKE THEIR LIVINGS OFF OF!!

If you have to come on here and ask "Oh is this good for restaurant magic?" then you are not ready by a longshot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:32 am 
born to perform.

Thanks.. but I'm just trying to get some good advice from someone who knows what they are doing and who has a restaurant gig. But thanks!

MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:50 am 
born to perform.

Haven't you asked about this already?
Maybe it wasn't you :? . Just pop over to the Restaurant Magic forum and look for some advise threads that match your questions.
If you have additional questions, I suggest you PM either myself of Paddy. (not because we're the best or something, but we're usually here).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:54 am 
born to perform.

lol thanks man im looking now for some that match lol

MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:41 pm 
born to perform.

thegenius3232 wrote:
Thanks.. but I'm just trying to get some good advice from someone who knows what they are doing and who has a restaurant gig. But thanks!

MagicTay

For someone whose name is "thegenius" you sure show the opposite. If you want advice from someone who knows what they are doing and who has a restaurant gig, then you should heed my advice because I work weekly at a restaurant downtown in my area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:43 pm 
born to perform.

What's wrong with him doing some prep?
He isn't doing restaurant magic now, but he's trying to get ready to do it, so why not give him a hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:45 pm 
born to perform.

dbaker_creator wrote:
He isn't doing restaurant magic now, but he's trying to get ready to do it, so why not give him a hand.

He has made 5 threads about the same thing and people are telling him the same thing. If he was 100% serious about getting into restaurant magic, he would get some books and read up about it rather than going on a message board full of (mostly) 13 year olds and ask "which of these list of 30 tricks are good for a restaurant?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:53 pm 
born to perform.

Streetwolf wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:

He has made 5 threads about the same thing and people are telling him the same thing. If he was 100% serious about getting into restaurant magic, he would get some books and read up about it rather than going on a message board full of (mostly) 13 year olds and ask "which of these list of 30 tricks are good for a restaurant?"

So you don't like his methodology. He's thinking that if he asks alot of people, he'll get alot of information. That's not a reason not to help him.

That's your advise then, "...get some books and read up about it..."

What books do you recommend? ('Restaurant Worker's Handbook' by Jim Pace)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

dbaker_creator wrote:

This is true the more advice I get the more I become better at it. Thats why i'm posting alot, so I can get ready when I do perform for others..

MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:25 am 
Penguin

Streetwolf wrote:
STOP STOP STOP!!!!!! You are NOT ready to go into restaurant magic!! If you have to go onto a message board and ask what you should be getting, then you aren't ready! Restaurant magic is a SERIOUS job in which professionals make their entire living from and I don't think you realize that. This isn't like the occassional birthday party, IT'S A FULL TIME JOB THAT PEOPLE MAKE THEIR LIVINGS OFF OF!!

If you have to come on here and ask "Oh is this good for restaurant magic?" then you are not ready by a longshot.

Dude, that wasn't necessary!!! Just give him a hand instead of misjudging him.(Sry for my english, doing my best) and YES, there are magicians that makes there living with restaurant magic. But they also started like this guy. I have the DVD "Live at the jailhouse" and they sayd the best way to learn is to practice in a restaurant. That way you can build and build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I agree with Streetwolf. thegenius has posted many times on this same subject. He claims to have Live at the Jailhouse as well. The video series tells you what type of tricks should work. If thegenius can't figure out from there, then he shouldn't be working in a resturaunt. Because what type of tricks isn't that important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:08 pm 
born to perform.

First of all I think card wallets are a waste of money when you can use the deck pack it came in.

Second of all I'm just trying to gather as much information I can even though I do have jailhouse dvd. I think asking a real magician that has been through Restaurant magic it better than have a dvd that tells ytou things. Sorry if I do bother you all for posting alot about Restaurant walkaround, i'm just trying to prepair myself for Restaurant Magic.

Thanks for reading you all and giving me good advice!

MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:32 pm 
Penguin

I dont have a restaurant job, but often times when Im at Boston Pizza (which is alot) I just go around and do tricks to people. Of course, Im not getting paid, and since im buying food its more like Im paying to do magic; however I find the art of it all really enjoyable. Most tricks that can be done street can be done in a restaurant, like a pen through bill trick - they are there buying their food, they will more than likely have a bill on them, along with coins. Also I find TT magic good because of how dark restaurants usually are, it makes it much less noticable that you are wearing one. So you could do a bill routine just out of that! Use a pen through bill trick, followed by making a bill dissapear. Then you could also make it seem like you dont know how to bring it back and start to walk away, just to through a bit of a comedy routine in there (dont acually walk away, be nice, give the bill back). Possibilities are endless.

Also, I find Scotch and Soda works anywhere.

Thats just a bit of advice. Practice making some new and original routines with what you have, and maybe order a couple things that look interesting. With $111.92 you cant go wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:38 pm 
born to perform.

its prepare not PREPAIR. I can imagine a letter from him to the manager.

Deer mister manajer.

I wud like it very much iv u cood let me peform in ur restrant bcaus i reely want to and i fink it wud reely help ur restrant. u cd pay me 100 dollars for one hour! Fank you very much, and i will see u soon!

Please you really do not need to ask with that dvd set.

Also you can go wrong with that amount of money (which really isnt much) you could buy dead ants, they wont help you much.