View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stealth Pen
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:30 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Stealth Pen

The Effect-

10/10

To me, stabbing a hole in somebody's dollar, then immediately restoring it is pretty dang cool.

The Gimmick-

8/10

Although the gimmick is very clever, some spectators, on a very rare occasion, may figure it out. Odds are, though, they're just thinking out loud, and aren't really for sure how they think the trick is done.

The Teaching-

6/10

I didn't really like the teaching of this effect. It was detailed enough, but something about it I just didn't like.

Impromptu-

6/10

Obviously, you have to have the Stealth Pen on you to perform the Stealth Pen. Therefore, you cannot do the trick with any old pen somebody hands you.

I'm going to end this review with the pros and cons of the effect.

Pros-

- gimmick is very clever

- completely examinable at the end of the trick

- looks like a normal pen

- writes like a normal pen

- you can purchase a new "gimmick" for it if you lose the one that it comes with

Cons-

-payload is not very big

-the "gimmick" is easier to lose than say, the B-2 Bomber's

I also have purchased the B-2 Bomber, and, although it is the same concept, is very different. The B-2 is much thicker, and the cap breaks easily. However, the gimmick for the B-2 is "stronger", and the payload is almost twice as large.

Well, that's the end of my first review. I hope you guys enjoyed it, and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by adjones on Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:37 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
It was good for your first review.Next time try to go into more detail about the things that you didn't like,as that is what most people look for in reviews.Of course,don't go overboard in detail and try too hard,because that would just make the review long boring and no one likes boring reviews.

Since this is only one of many pen through bill effects,perhaps you could compare it to others on the market.Such as the B-2 Bomber,Deluxe,Dough,Misled,maybe even puncture,etc.

So pretty good overall.I liked how it wasn't cluttered and all in one paragraph like many are these days.

-YNWA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Thanks for the advice. I added two "cons" into my review, and compared it to the B-2. I plan on ordering Misled, along with a couple other items, this weekend. So hopefully within the next couple of weeks I can add that part to my review, as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:11 am 
Penguin

I have a question about the stealth pen. I have the B-2 Bomber (well had I lost the cap so now its useless unless I find another cap) but I want to order the stealth pen. I know it looks more real since the pen looks more like a "regular" pen. but i wanted to know if this pen is better?http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=37 I am gonna order soon so I would like to know what pen you would recommend?

Thanks

-$p@d3$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:16 am 
Emperor Penguin

From everything I have heard, I would go with the Stealth, because supposedly the one that you gave the link to isn't examinable, whereas the Stealth Pen is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:17 pm 
born to perform.

Nice review. I agree with about 90-95%of this review.

On the other hand, I can't remember where I read all about pen thru dollar effects and history on it. I'll look it up again and post it here to let everyone know about it. As for the 'Pen Thru Dollar' effect penguino1208 wants, I don't think it is the same excact concept as the Stealth Pen or B-2 Bomber. It is explained in the article I will post when I find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:20 pm 
born to perform.

Alright well I searched around and found this thread:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... 977#962977

This explains a TON of info on the 'Pen Thru Dollar' effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

5magic5 wrote:
Alright well I searched around and found this thread:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... 977#962977

This explains a TON of info on the 'Pen Thru Dollar' effect.

Yeah, I posted the link to my review there, too, just to make that topic that much better. Thanks for the link anyway, it will help people get a better idea of ALL the pen-thru-dollars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:49 pm 
born to perform.

I love the stealth pen. One of my best tricks. Also Good job this is a great review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Ya, this is one of the tricks that people actually remember, and will want to see again. Thanks for the compliment. Is there anything that you would want to see added, taken out, or changed? Thanks once again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:00 pm 
born to perform.

I was performing the Stealth Pen once at a Christmas Party and when I went to give the pen to this lady the ink ran out and wouldn't write. So I made the pen dissappear (old sleeve method) and them made their bill dissappear. It worked out okay just wished I could of performed it. But anyway It wasn't that hard to replace the ink cartage. Just I think should be added if you perform this effect alot, be prepared to change the ink at one point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

mws7020 wrote:
I was performing the Stealth Pen once at a Christmas Party and when I went to give the pen to this lady the ink ran out and wouldn't write. So I made the pen dissappear (old sleeve method) and them made their bill dissappear. It worked out okay just wished I could of performed it. But anyway It wasn't that hard to replace the ink cartage. Just I think should be added if you perform this effect alot, be prepared to change the ink at one point.

What pen did you get the new ink cartridge out of? I would like to get a new one, because the one I have won't write on dollars. I guess that could be a good think in a layman's eyes...

But, the ink cartridge running out shouldn't stop you from performing the effect. I sometimes just skip the marking part entirely. But, to each his own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:05 pm 
born to perform.

Well I didn't perform it because she said she has a pen and I didn't want to have to talk my way out of that. But to anwser your question. I had to take like 5 pens apart and finally found a black Bic pen that fit perfectly.

Post subject: stealthhhhhhhhh pennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:15 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
My stealth pen never worked on bills,only on paper.I don't really perform with the stealth pen sighning the bill.I have my own routine that works good for me...

-YNWA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:34 pm 
Penguin

thanks for the advice guys I will order the stealth this friday :lol: