View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Review: Control! (long)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:41 am 
Penguin

Hi guys sorry if this has already been posted but I wanted to give you a review about the new pulse stop effect called "Control". I've been a magician for over 12 years and up until now I didn't know any pulse stop effects. And when I heard about them I thought that they seemed dangerous and not my cup of tea but Control seemed different. It was claimed to be %100 safe, and %100 impromptu so I went ahead and bought it.

After watching the download and performing it only one time I'm happy to say that this was well worth the money and I know I'm going to be performing this again and again. First thing I want to say is when you find out the secret don't throw anything at the TV because you will find out that it's the most simplest secret there is and you will think to yourself "why didn't I think of that, and why did I waist $30 on it?). Well as simple as the method is it is very clever and virtually unditectable to magicians and laymen alike. Wayne and Garcia go into a very indepth explination of how to do Control, and they give you all of the very important tips needed to pull this effect off right.

This effect is not hard by any means, it's the most simplest effect in the world once you know how it's done, but it won't be the same effect if you don't follow the tips they give you. This depends alot on your character and who you are as a person, and your style of magic. You can do this for anyone, except a nurse or a doctor and you'll know what I mean when you get this, but everyone else is fair game. Let me just say this, when you perform this be prepared to change your spectators life and their outlook on it. This isn't a magic trick to them it is real, scary, and frightening. It's like a wake up call, like reality hits them up side the face.

When I ordered this at 11:00 p.m. it was so simple that I was performing it within 30 minutes. And the one time I did this was at my friends house. He was having a all nighter party with him and about 6 other people and he invited me. So I went, and a long story short, I did this effect to one of his friends after about 20 minuts after I got there. His name was Mark and I performed Control for him and after it was over he broke down in tears and was so thankfull that I came back to life and didn't die in his arms.

And I could tell that he had a new respect for life after seemingly feeling me die (note: I'm not really dieing, but that's what the spectator believes in their mind). In my opinion that's what makes this effect so strong and so real. It involves alot of acting on your part to sell this of coarse but once you have this down which won't take you long at all, you WILL change people lives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:24 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for the review.

I might pick this up later today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:45 pm 
Penguin

Oh and I forgot to mention the other effect called stop by Garcia. That effect is also very clever because the method is also simple but it's harder to do and takes a nack, but once you get that down it's the perfect follow up after Control. And they also have a third effect where the watch stops as your pulse does, then after you're revived you put the watch back into the spectators hand, blow on it and it starts ticking again. This is just using a basic watch stop combined with control which is one of the many things you can combine with this, but this is a good effect as well, though not as strong IMO, but still good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 am 
Penguin

I purchased this last week and I love it. The method is very simple, 100% safe, and is impromptu which is a plus.

Yesterday when I was at Taco Bell with some friends, I did Control and the reactions were great -- Afterwards, people were asking me if I was alright and offered to give me their drinks because I was so "out of breath." 8)

Dbrandmeyer pretty much summed everything up, but all I can say is that Control is a truly great effect. When performed at the right time, it can be astonishing.

Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:39 am 
born to perform.

Are there any limitations or downsides? Is there any set up, clean up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:21 pm 
Penguin

No downsides that I can think of.

No set up and no clean up.

100% on-the-spot impromptu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:29 pm 
Penguin

thanks for that great review dbrandmeyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:42 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for the posts guys. I did control again 3 weeks ago at a friends church and they all freaked and while I was performing I could hear people freaking out saying "is he dead?". Then when I so called "came back" everyone was in silence. If anyone is still thinking about getting this, don't think about it just buy it. But like others have said be careful when you do it because you have to do it in the right situations. Like for example don't do it in the waiting room at the hospital, that wouldn't exactly be the right place or the right situation, if you know what I mean :lol: .