View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Strap-o-sphere
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:43 am 
born to perform.

Effect- Your audience watches as you display a clear plastic tube just large enough to hold 3 colored balls. You cover the clear tube with a metal tube and place the colored balls inside one by one. With complete confidence you lift the outer tube to reveal that the last ball (the one that was just on top) is now at the bottom. Next you place the jumping ball inside a wooden box. For the climax you open the front and rear doors to show the box is empty and the ball has vanished! Then you show the tube and the ball is back.

Practice- This trick Takes almost no practice except for patter which plays big when using strap-o-sphere. I sometimes use the gospel version. (ask for complete gospel version patter)

Dectecability- This tricks has almost no detectability. If you work with it for few minutes in front of a mirror, there will be noone that will tell you that they know how you did it.

Set-up- Strat-o-sphere takes only a quick set up. You can not set it up in front of any spectators so it must be dont behind stage or out of view from the audience. The reset is the same and must be done away from the audience.

Angles- There are a couple angle problems with Strat-o-sphere. One is behind you. The other it when the spectators get higher than the trick and see inside the tubes. It shouldn't too much of a problem on a stage.

Overall- I rate Strat-o-sphere a 10/10! It is a great trick to own. It is easy to do. I was using mine within a few minutes after i got it.The reactions are great and the audience doesn't know what to think.

I suggest that you think about getting Strat-o-sphere. This is the trick that got me into Stage Magic.

*I hope that the review was good. It was my first review. Please let me know if there is anything i need to change. Thanks

Last edited by skate13 on Mon May 03, 2004 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:58 am 
born to perform.

Sounds great and congrads on your first review. Question does penguin sell it? can't find it on penguin index.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:08 am 
born to perform.

yea they do. I just got it a efw weeks ago. Its a great effect. Good review skate13. Very organized and clear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:26 am 
born to perform.

ok found it Thanks I seen it done(just didn't remember the name) before,kinda of expensive though,I proabaly buy it anyway...

Last edited by k1eg on Sun May 02, 2004 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:53 am 
born to perform.

Your making it like you dont own it Skate13. The audience can see behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:13 am 
born to perform.

no they cant. not when you do the box vanish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:22 am 
born to perform.

When you do the box yeah but when the balls are getting mixed up it can be surrounded. The real bad angle is from on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:58 am 
born to perform.

oh yea, since we always have people hanging on cieling fans and chandeliers. but hopefully you wont perform it with people behind you and then you say, can you stand over here please? It would make me feel better. Then they know something is up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:15 am 
born to perform.

You can always cover that special thing with your body. I dont know how well it will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:58 pm 
Penguin

You can do it surrounded if you get rid of the little "joker" box and use a "Devil's Hank" to do the vanish of the ball . Viking Magic makes a good Devil's Hank . Looks more magical to vanish it from a handkerchief rather than a gimmicky-looking magic box .

If you can sew or know someone who sews then you can make one.
There are plans for making a version of the Devil's Hank in Mark Wilson's Course on Magic , called "Super Dooper Versatile Vanisher" .
Best to use a fabric with a strong pattern design (not gaudy looking, but with a strong design that confuses the eye somewhat so there will be no tell-tale bulges showing ). Google for the viking devil's hank and you'll see what I mean by a strong pattern on the fabric.

Also consider a similar utility device called the "Go Go Vanisher" - by Stewart James .

Even better would be to use a topit . If you don't know what a topit is Google for "topit" plus names like Michael Ammar , Jay Scott Berrry, and Patrick Page .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

you can also get a devils hank in vanishing bandana by copperfield.