View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: An MD Review: LIQUID METAL
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:39 pm 
born to perform.

Morgan Streblers' LIQUID METAL
Price: $0.00
Well at least for me it was. 8)

Difficulty
8/10
It's more just finger strength, although I did not have any problem with the forks he mentioned. You can get forks 4/$ at Wal-Mart. Otherwise all the moves are pretty easy to do and I have no trouble with them at all.

Set-Up
10/10
If you wanted to, you could do the set-up infornt of somone and they wouldnt even know it. Also, you only set-up one fork, the which is only for the first phase, otherwise it's completly clean. You can use any fork.

Practice Time
9/10
I was performing this routine to people in less than a week.

Video Quality
8/10
The menu and graphics and sound are great, but one thing, Morgan looked into cameras all the time, making eye contact, but lots of the time it was other camera's that they did not use at that time in the DVD. When making the DVD they could of edited it to use the camera he made eye contact with while talking.

Teaching Quality
8/10
Three times to repeat what happens in the routine and how do it is a lot. I'd say a little too much. They should of left out the teaching session. Personaly I think it was dumb and a waste of my time. Otherwise he teaches it very well.

The routine
9/10
I think its well thought out and planned. Its pretty much as good as it's hyped up to be.

Morgan’s impossible key bending routine
7/10
He teaches it well, but this is not so great, just a plain and simple method anyone could do.
Basicly what happens it that he just borrows a key, then he get someone to rub their finger on it. It starts to bend. Now, given out for examination.

The Fork U Fork
9/10
Let's just say it's a more polite way of giving someone the finger. :)

The Corkscrew Tine Bend
8/10
A nice touch to the normal Corkscrew Bend. Although, very hard to do!
Making a tine, visually, bend and then twist.

Comments
I want to say that I use this everwhere I go now! If somone asks to show a trick, all I do is ask for a couple forks, and I have a good routine set-up and this will get you parties, no kidding.

If your in doubt of this trick, I'd say click "Add to Cart" now!

OVERALL RATING
8.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:08 pm 
born to perform.

thx alot MD for this nice review as for my opinion i will add an .5 more :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:28 pm 
born to perform.

Raph wrote:
thx alot MD for this nice review as for my opinion i will add an .5 more :lol:

If you get the average it comes to 8.444444444444, so I put it as 8.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:25 pm 
born to perform.

hahha YEsss mdmagic, thanks much for the review have been thinkin about buying this for a while now, i think u have convinced me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:57 pm 
born to perform.

That was a great review! im impressed. you covered every thing. You are right I showed A few of my co-workes Liquid metal, and i am booked for two parties this December. Liquid metal is a great way to get gigs.

Jerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:24 am 
Penguin

I feel horrible admitting this with everyone being able to do it and all but I can not do the initial corkscrew without it killing my hands. And even with that it takes me 5 minutes..lol. I really like this video but man I'm struggling with it. My wife was at Wal-Mart and I asked her to pick some forks up. I told her which ones but she brought home diffrent ones, these have a "thingy" in the metal right at the base of the handle which may make it more difficult to do the corkscrew. I'm hoping when I get the right forks that I can do it. The other moves are fine but that first one is a doozy for me anyway.

Good review though.

Post subject: Re: An MD Review: LIQUID METAL
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:15 am 
Emperor Penguin

MDMagic wrote:
Price: $0.00 Well at least for me it was. 8)

Just couldn't wait to throw this in could you, AGAIN. :lol: Good review, even though it was your primary goal to get one last brag in. :) Although I strongly disagree with anyone showing ppl an effect after only having it a week, and in your case less. I have spent months, and upwards to a year perfecting effects before showing them to ANYONE, friends or family.

That is the high standard you have to set for your magic, regardless whether or not you can do it ok, or successfully. It is not worth the risk, and one should perform any effect a minimum of 100 times before presenting it. I am sure with this specific effect that could prove expensive. You need to make any effect a part of you, and put enough time into it in order to have the full confidence, and fluidity in your routine.

Last edited by sirbrad on Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: An MD Review: LIQUID METAL
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:32 am 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
MDMagic wrote:
Price: $0.00 Well at least for me it was. 8)

Just couldn't wait to throw this in could you, AGAIN. :lol: Good review, even though it was your primary goal to get one last brag in. :) Although I strongly disagree with anyone showing ppl an effect after only having it a week. I have spent months, and upwards to a year perfecting effects before showing them to ANYONE, friends or family. That is the high standard you have to set for your magic, regardless whether or not you can do it ok, or successfully. It is not worth the risk, and one should perform any effect a minimum of 100 times before presenting it. I am sure with this specific effect that could prove expensive.

So what, i can a brag a little. :D

BTW I performed it only to my family, but i could still perform it with no mistakes.

I didnt say I mastered it, but i could perform it well.

Last edited by BalukMagic on Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:34 am 
born to perform.

Jerry2050 wrote:
you covered every thing.

That was what i intended to do because, I noticed lots of people always say something like this

Wierd Person's Review :) wrote:

Ohhhhh.... buy it right now GO GO GO GO. OH yeah its great.
and yet explained nothing. So I thought this would be a good review

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:07 pm 
born to perform.

that was a really good veview.
covered everything.