View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:46 pm 
born to perform.

i have this but i havent watched it yet. i think it loooks very good and i normally like jay's products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:32 pm 
born to perform.

I bought this in early Nov. of this year and I thought I would have time to practice some of the tricks that I like for the holidays... Well, Christmas parties came and I did not perform one single trick from this dvd. Why, because they all require practice and practice ... of course, a good supply of cards is essential. I agreed with roadhawg that if you are a hobbist, you better make darn sure you have time for it... However, since I'm a huge fan of Jay, I know someday I'll be able to perform some of his tricks to folks... time time time please give me more time... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:17 pm 

You don't do them because they require practice. Ok I'll send you 101 Self Working miracles for the non magician. Magic requires practice. If you aren't willing to practice, don't complain about a routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:39 pm 
born to perform.

I thought the dvd was great but not a good follow-up for Jay Rev. COIN magic...That DVD contained his best...this dvd contained some goodies but a lot of filler.

Great DVD nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:18 pm 
born to perform.

i actually loved this dvd because all the tricks are pretty original. yes jay doesnt perform it to an audience but why should it matter because everyone should have their own performing style instead of copying someone elses. he explains in his explanations when you should do particular moves in a performance and the proper misdirection. yes there are fillers but i think that only helps the dvd because they are fun the watch. its better than just watching explanation after explanation with nothing in between. but then again its jsut me. in conclusion, the effects are great, the explanations are great, and its a great source for cardicians looking for ways to spice up their magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:49 am 

What is it with you people and "This is how to figure out ID's?" Jay has admitted that when he likes a move or idea, he figures out a lot of ways to use it. There, I said it. It's not a big deal. If you really want to know how they work, buy them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:18 pm 

Because of people like you, Penguin is going to end up forgeting about the videos. Do you really not see that? If you want to do that, you don't need to brag about it. I can figure out some of the IDs after watching the videos, but I don't run around and brag about it. If you're looking for appreciation and respect because you can figure things out, you won't get it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:51 pm 
born to perform.

I just received this and really like it a lot. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but all magic videos are more expensive than the normal movie you'd go out to buy, and this thing is 5 hours long. I've watched the whole thing, and have to say that while I won't be doing everything on the DVD, there are a few that I think will be great additions to my repitoire. Some really nice stuff on here, I particularly think Uberchange will hit audiences well, as well as a lot of the torn and restored stuff and the practice deck. Some of it is a bit silly, like the baker's force, but that's Jay's sense of humor, which you'll either like, hate, or tolerate. Overall, there are some really powerful effects in here that are truly magical. While not much of the material is impromptu, it's great for those of you who would be doing street, restaurant, parlor, walkaround, etc.