#trending right now
Jay Scott Berry LIVE (Penguin LIVE) A true visionary and one of a kind magician came to Penguin for a 3 1/2 HOUR live event. SUPPORT LIVE MAGIC. DOWNLOAD THE FULL LECTURE TODAY.
In stock: Download INSTANTLY.
A true "one of a kind" magician, Jay Scott Berry is The Virtuoso of Magic." -Gerry Griffin
What will he teach?
Here are some the effects that he will perform and fully explain. He will also have a few surprise effects that have never been taught before!
JSB Topit Mastery
Arguably the most powerful single utility device out there, the Topit has remained in the shadow regions of the Art for far too long. This is partly due the risk factor and unnatural movements associated with the earlier, more primitive, designs. All this has changed with the new techniques and Topit design pioneered by Jay Scott Berry.
Jay is widely recognized as the best in the world with the Topit and his innovative design. The all-new JSB Topit system has been created in real world performance conditions. The sealed pocket design allows for accuracy rates well above 99%. That’s with coins, cards, balls, gimmicks and more! The Topit itself is made from heavy-duty black satin and can easily be installed and even moved from jacket to jacket. Once installed, it connects and disconnect in seconds, without safety pins, magnets or long flaps to tuck in. This incredible device is the icing on the cake that will launch your magic to a whole new level. Jay will perform and teach over a dozen effects with the JS Topit System:
1. The Basic Coin Vanish: As clean as magic gets. A silver dollar sized coin is freely shown, sleeves are rolled up and, without any false, tell-tale moves, it vanishes, without a trace. This can even be done close-up and surrounded.
2. Coin Vanish #2: An ultra-clean variation, which will astound young and old alike. Once again, sleeves are rolled up, the coin is shown and gently tossed out to a spectator. By all appearances, it actually dissolves in mid-air! Both hands are immediately shown unmistakably empty.
3. Coin Vanish #3: Another mind-blowing vanish at the fingertips. Sleeves rolled up, the coin is tossed from hand to hand. Without any unnatural moves, it simply disappears.
4. Spectacular: How about a pair of glasses or sunglasses? No problem! This is an effect that Jay has been doing for years in all sorts of conditions. The glasses are freely shown, and, as you clean them with a scarf, they simply vanish without a trace.
5. Silk Vanish: Applying these same techniques, Jay will perform and carefully explain some of the cleanest silk vanishes ever! Using a number of different silks and streamers, he will show how you can make them completely disappear, right before the eyes of the audience.
6. Ball Vanishes and more: Jay will also perform and explain how these innovative techniques apply to any small object, from balls, dice, rings, salt shakers and more!
Another utility device that Jay has taken to a whole new level. His innovative, ultra-clean, techniques will not only astound, but will quite likely give you a completely new perspective on this well-known gimmick. Jay regularly fools magicians and laypeople alike with numerous effects using original techniques that have been developed for real-world, hard-core performing conditions. After seeing this, you will what most magic insiders agree upon - that Jay Scott Berry is quite possibly the best TT handler in the world today.
1. Basic Handling: Starting with classic Thumbtip methods, Jay will perform and carefully explain the deceptive handling, steals and transfers that are the cornerstone to his whole approach the TT. His psychology and practical thinking is nothing short of revolutionary and turns traditional TT thinking upside down.
2. Basic Silk Vanish and Production: Amazingly, this basic effect has become one of Jay’s most performed signature pieces. From close-up strolling to small stage, even completely surrounded, he leaves audiences dumbfounded. An 18” Diamond Silk is freely shown, hands otherwise empty.y. Sleeves are rolled up and the silk is pushed into the fist. As clean as can be, it vanishes! Both hands are shown, (without any traditional tell-tale TT moves!) and the silk is reproduced. This effect instantly resets and can be performed repeatedly.Jay’s progressive thinking on this classic routine is a complete game changer, which eliminates the traditional weaknesses while maximizing the strength of the illusion.
3. Eclipse Tip Effects: Over 30 years ago, Jay developed this modified TT, which opens the door into a new world of effects and possibilities. He will explain the gimmick, perform a number of effects, such as Color Changing Silks, Appearing and Vanishing Spongeballs and even transformation effects such as Silk to Spongeball and back again.
The Sanada Gimmick
25 years ago, the Finger shell, one of the oldest gimmicks in magic was re-released by Japanese magician, Sanada. Not long afterwards, Jay began working with it. As with everything he focuses on, Jay spent years, working diligently to carefully re-engineering it, minimizing the weaknesses with maximizing the strengths. In this exclusive session, he will start with the basic Sanada gimmick and show how to cut it to fit your hand and reinforce it so that it will last for many years and hundreds of shows. Jay will then show the basic handling and techniques that even Sanada himself says are the finest handling of the gimmick he’s ever seen. There are only a handful of magicians that are really working with this gimmick. Here’s your chance to learn from the best.
The Cloaking Device
One of 2 revolutionary variations on the Finger shell that Jay developed 15 years ago is considered by many working pros as the most powerful of all utility devices. Jay will perform and explain the effects and techniques that he uses in almost every show. Starting with the basic steals and handling, he will walk you step-by-step into a full understanding of this incredible gimmick.
1. The Vortex Streamer Production: Another mind-blowing Signature effect from Jay Scott Berry. From empty hands, Jay will produce a 6’ rainbow streamer! He will go into great detail into his ultra-clean methods for this original effect. These include properly loading the silk, pre-setting, stealing and ditching the gimmick.
2. The Lightning Switch: The Classic Bill switch outdone! Most who have seen this agree that it is cleanest and most convincing bill switch ever. Out with the TT and in with The Cloaking Device. You can change a bill into a 0, a blank paper into money, a bill into 2 ’s and a bill inside out. Jay will perform and explain step-by-step, even revealing for the first time ever, how to perform a double switch with a single gimmick!
3. Cut and Restored Ribbon: Yet another original signature routine that is as it gets. A length of satin ribbon is handed out for inspection. The hands are unmistakably empty as it is cut into multiple pieces, each which may be handed out as well. These are gathered together and miraculously restored. At the end, the ribbon is passed out and the hands are absolutely empty.
The FS/2 Gimmick
This versatile utility device is the 2nd variation on the Finger Shell that Jay works with on a regular basis. It can be used in many stand-alone applications or in tandem with The Cloaking Device. The handling is similar but the effects that can be created with it are varied and quite different. As with everything in the lecture, Jay will guide you carefully from the basic handling to full routines.
1. Instant Color Change: Quite possibly the fastest and cleanest color changing ball effect ever! A single spongeball is shown and handed out, if you like. With the wave of the hand, it instantly changes colors. It is freely shown, hand-to-hand and, without any false moves, changes back. That can be repeated as often as you like.
2. The Mirage Production: Another JSB original - From empty hands, a 6 foot streamer is instantly produced. This method is completely different than the Vortex Streamer Production and, therefore, can be used in the same routine quite effectively. In fact, that’s exactly with Jay will perform before explaining it. He will also show a few amazing variations, including producing the streamer from a transparent glass!
3. The Immaculate Transformation: This is one of those rare effects that sets a whole new standard in live prestidigitation. Looking like something you would only see on TV, it can be performed within inches of the audience yet holds up just as well on stage. What the audience sees is nothing short of miraculous: A spongeball is freely shown and examined. It is held between the fingers and instantly transforms into a silk or ribbon of the same color. Both hands are immediately shown without any false or unnatural moves.
The Ring and Ribbon
Jay is widely acknowledged as one of, if not the finest Ring and Ribbon worker alive today. This routine is why. The False Thread alone is worth the price of the whole lecture! The moves and variations that Jay will show, apply in multiple, real world situations, from improvisational, street, close-up and stage. This is pure sleight-of-hand mastery at its best.
1. The Vanishing Knot: This is the effect that Jay typically uses to open his routine yet works just as well as a stand-alone vanishing knot for string, ribbon or rope. A knot is tied slowly and deliberately and then dissolves in the blink of an eye. This is so deceptive that it can be performed multiple times, even surrounded.
2. Knot to Ring Production: Following on from The Vanishing Knot, the ribbon is, once again, slowly tied. This time, however, a solid ring appears as the knot disappears! Both are immediately handed out for examination. Jay will even show a variation on this where the ring appears tied in the knot itself.
3. The Master False Thread: This is the move that most agree is the single best false thread ever developed. It works for rings of all sizes from small finger rings to large bracelets. It is so clean that it can be shown numerous times, even surrounded, without any hint of what is actually happening. From the audience’s point of view, this pure magic: The ring is threaded on the ribbon and dissolves off. No false moves and 100% convincing. Jay will perform and demonstrate a number of variations on this move including different display moves that apply to different sized rings.
4. Clifton’s Ring Move: There are very few magicians that perform this now classic move that can say that they learned it from Clifton himself. Jay is one of them. He will perform a few different versions of this vanishing and re-appearing ring. In explaining it, he will also talk about how many do it wrong and end up exposing the method.
5. Off Again On Again: Another JSB Original which has inspired many variations by well-known magicians. The effect is simple and ultra-clean: The Ring is threaded on, even by a spectator, if you like. Without any false moves, it is then magically freed from the ribbon. As if that isn’t enough, with a gentle toss, it penetrates the ribbon and ends up re-threaded. At the end, everything is examined.
6. Off in Hand: Created by Ray Grismer and made famous by JSB! This amazing effect works perfectly well as part of a larger routine or simply as a stand-alone mind-bender. The Ring is clearly threaded on the ribbon and both the ends and the ribbon are slowly placed in the spectator’s hands. All it takes is a tug and the ring comes off, in their hands! Jay will go in-depth with this effect, showing all the nuances that he learned from Ray as well as additional elements that he has developed over thousands of performances.
7. The Spinning Grand Finale: This JSB original effect is, quite simply, one of the single most surprising effects you will ever see! The ring is freely shown and the spun on the table. With a simple sweeping motion, the ring jumps onto the ribbon. This all happens in the blink of an eye and everything can be instantly examined. In addition to performance, Jay will give step-by-step explanations of the methods and nuances of this extraordinary effect.
Who is he?
The Magic, The Music, The Wonder
Creator, performer, author, composer and producer, Jay Scott Berry is a modern day Merlin and Renaissance man. Recognized as one of the world's finest magicians, he has travelled the globe for 30 years, delighting young and old alike with an elegant style often described simply as “Pure Magic”. Indeed, there is a genuine artistic purity in Berry’s presentations; from empty hands, without props or boxes, objects appear, disappear, transform and multiply. An innovator and creator, Jay is revered and respected among his peers as one of the architects of the modern State-of the-Art. From close-up to stage, his cutting-edge illusions even leave fellow magicians baffled and astounded.
By any measure, this one-of-a-kind showman is at the top of his game, in both magic and music. Last year alone, Berry performed over 200 shows in 13 countries, receiving rave reviews and standing ovations at some of the world’s top venues. In August, he celebrated his 1000th show at the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood, an honor achieved by only a select few.He was the star and emcee of the largest gathering of magicians in history, performing for a packed house of 3500 at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool, England. As if that wasn't enough, Jay even co produced and starred in The Weekend of Wonder Magic Festival. Like almost everything he touches, this first annual event was a runaway success with rave reviews, sold out shows and standing ovations.
Like many overnight success stories, this one has humble beginnings that go back to Jay’s childhood in Reno, Nevada. His lifelong love affair with magic was sparked with a simple magic kit at the age of 5. Naturally drawn to the stage,Jay was soon performing in local plays and musicals. His talent for music surfaced early on as he joined a string orchestra, played in school bands and even sang in the Sierra Boys’ Choir. After dancing in The Nutcracker on Reno’s premier stage at 11, it became very clear that this was a natural born showman, destined for greatness. So, straight from high school, the bright lights of Hollywood beckoned and, within a year, Jay was being hailed as one of Magic’s brightest new stars. In fact, at 19, he was the youngest magician to ever perform at the world famous Magic Castle! His international career took off in Europe where his distinct style of visual wizardry was warmly embraced. In the years since,Jay has performed thousands of shows from Las Vegas to Monte Carlo, New York to Paris; from the Grand Ballroom of the Beverly Hills Hilton to the historic Theatre-an-der-Wien in Vienna. He has been featured on dozens of national and international television programs, seen by millions of viewers.
Berry kicked off 2014 touring the South Pacific and will land in the US in late March for a 10 week, coast-to-coast run. Highlights include headlining the prestigious 4F Close-up Convention, The Mawny Convention, The Oceanside Magic Invitational, The Weekend of Wonder and the 105th Salute to Magic Show, where he will emcee and star.
If you could ask ONE question to one of the world's most creative professional magicians, what would it be?
If you've never been to a magic lecture, theres never been a better time. Sunday March 30th at 7:00pm, we're live-streaming Jay Scott Berry LIVE in a spectacular 2-hour interactive online lecture. Watch, ask questions and learn things you won't find in any book or DVD.
Want VIP access to EVERY FUTURE Penguin LIVE we film? Check out the new Penguin LIVE: All Access Pass!
ATTENDING COULDN'T BE EASIER.
DONT WORRY IF YOU MIGHT MISS IT.
Reserve your seat anyway. Within 24 hours of ending, youll be able to download and/or watch the full lecture on-demand, and go over all the great routines and subtleties as many times as you want. Itll be waiting for you in your MyPenguinMagic area.
Magicians flock to see workers give talks. Why? Because these guys see and learn things that you wont find in any book or DVD. Yes, you'll be learning some incredibly powerful A-material, but the INVALUABLE stuff will be the insight you learn along the way.
This lecture is for everyone, from the beginner to the professional and for magicians and mentalists alike. Dont miss it!
Have a question about this product?
Customer Reviews (showing 1 - 10 of 24)4 of 4 magicians found the following review helpful:
Amazing Lecture ! Report this review
Verified buyer Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 2nd, 2014
I have never heard about Jay Scott Berry ... untill now !
This lecture was amazing !
JSB Topit Mastery -> He teached ! It´s an awesome idea !!! If you like topits, you will love this !
Thumbtip Mastery -> He teached ! Start up clean and ends up clean !
Sanada and FS/2 Gimmick -> He teached ! Great illusions that looked like real magic !
Cloacking Device -> He teached ! The Lightning Switch ! If you like bill switch you will learn this new way of doing this amazing piece of magic !
Great Lecture ! 10 stars !
Thanks for this lecture Mr. Berry and Penguin Magic !
Best Lecture Ever! Report this review
Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 1st, 2014
I can't think of a better performer, really. I remember seeing his shows (at least 20 times) at the Magic Castle when he wasn't old enough to go out to the bar after his show to have a drink - and he just blew audiences away. Lance Burton was the only guy to come along and do a show of that caliber. Jay's act was not duplicable, he was in a league of his own, and still is. This lecture should be seen by every magician, plain and simple. If you love this craft do yourself a huge favor..., there's really nothing else to say, well short of a book on how great his magic, ideas, performance, etc. etc. etc. are..., oh and he's a real nice down to earth guy as well!
This one is a No Brainer Report this review
Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 1st, 2014
If you have never been exposed to the wonders that Jay Scott Berry bring, then you have not even begun your magical education.... Sure, Jay will teach you some really cool things, but most importantly he will teach you the psychology behind performing almost anything you do... He is a true Wizard. If you want to be, you will subscribe to this lecture, and Pay attention..I have been privileged to have hosted jay for a Lecture here in Montana. it changed the way I now think about Magic and the world.. are you ready to start your journey to becoming a Wizard?
Excellent Report this review
Verified buyer Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 8th, 2014
In lots of ways this is more of a dealer lecture (not a bad thing), because Jay has designed and re-designed some great utility devices. those devices are well worth a look, they function beautifully and deceptively.
Jay also drops some theory on routining and a great ring and ribbon routine. I got this for the ring and ribbon, everything else was just a bonus for me.
If you read the description and it interests you, you'll love the download.
Best thing was Jay really knows how to work with the camera when teaching the moves (have to give the camera person some props there too).
A True Master Report this review
Verified buyer Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 16th, 2014
I am proud to be able to call JSB my friend, and he is one of the greatest teachers I have ever had the pleasure to watch. I first met him at a lecture/workshop in Spokane, WA and his magic was astounding and beautiful beyond words. Learning from Jay Scott Berry is unlike anything you have ever experienced; there's a reason legends like Channing Pollock and The Professor spoke so highly of his wizardry!
Within this lecture Jay will teach you most of his classic material as well as the important of making people believe an object went to a certain place. The Symphony of the Ring and Ribbon routine was my favorite and is worth the price of this lecture alone.
In other words, enjoy this opportunity and pray that one day you'll get to experience Jay's lecture or show for REAL; it's unbelievable.
Make him a statue ;) Report this review
Verified buyer Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 23rd, 2014
I had the privilege to see him about 15 years ago here in Holland. I was totally blown away. I knew that this was my kind of magic. I really don't understand why I hadn't heared about him sooner.
This is the best lecture I ever saw. His techniques are highly polished.
I just wish most of all of his items could be for sale again, thei're VERY hard to come by these days.
BRING HIS ITEMS BACK PLEASE, I WILL BUY THEM ALL!
Brilliant Report this review
Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 3rd, 2014
This lecture is beyond brilliant and if I could have given more stars, I would. There are so many things to absorb and learn from this seasoned professional that I almost don't want anyone else to learn what he is doing. It's hard enough to acquire some of the gimmicks he uses as is. Don'y watch this unless you want to learn techniques with things you may already own and applications of ideas you may have never thought of. Surely one of the best lectures Penguin has put on, and there have been some great ones. Well worth my subscription for the entire month,
Must watch Report this review
Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 8th, 2014
The first hour alone made me rethink items I wasn't using or nervous about using. Amazing concepts and tips
Beautiful Magic Report this review
Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 10th, 2014
This was so beautiful Magic, It was almost a pity that he explained it! A Great Magican, seriuos for 30 bucks it's too cheap, Thank you J.S.B, I really enjoyed this great lecture!
Inspirational Report this review
Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 11th, 2014
I have watched about 20 lectures and enjoyed most of them but Jay has really inspired me to raise the bar for myself and has also given me the tools to do it with. If you need to be recharged...watch Jay....NOW
More Featured Magic Tricks
0 0 : 0 0 : 0 0 remaining
White Bikes by Paul Richards presented by Matthew Johnson
Every minute the price goes down. Only 1 available.
0 0 : 0 0 : 0 0 remaining
See the next offer NOW with the CoolBox app
Act Builder beta
Top Recent Reviewers
Get To Know Us
Shipping and Store Policies