Magic At The Edge (3 DVD SET) by Jeff McBride - DVD
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING TO USA. No minimum order value to get free shipping on this item. Cool, right!?
|You save:|| $25.00 (25%)
In stock: usually ships within 24 hours!
BEYOND STREET MAGIC!
FILMED LIVE ON LOCATION AT BURNING MAN AND LAKE TAHOE!
The middle of the Nevada desert. Four hundred square miles of nothing. Not even streets. Just 50,000 people attending the world's largest art festival. It's Survival Magic and there are no spectators, only participants in the most extreme conditions imaginable. Welcome to Burning Man and Magic at the Edge! Since the dawn of time, magicians have sought inspiration in the most unusual places. Burning Man is one of the most inspiring environments for performance magic in all the world.
You've seen Jeff McBride featured on A&E's Mindfreak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and VH-1's Celebracadabra. Now you can see Jeff in action performing his magic at one of the wildest places in the world, the Burning Man Art Festival. But this is far more than just a performance video. It is a teaching video, an exploration that searches for the very heart and soul of magic. Here is an inside look into the lifestyle of one of the world's great magicians and how and why he seeks inspiration.
Magic at the Edge offers magic for all skill levels, with commentary from Eugene Burger and Jeff's wife, Abbi McBride. They share their philosophies and techniques on performance. They teach you how you can add more meaning to your existing routines and use your magic to teach powerful lessons. Polish the magic you already perform and experience the wisdom of these masters of the art.
DISC 1: MAGICIAN 24/7
- TRIBAL PIERCING - An impromptu shocker! Push your thumb through your ear-listen to the screams!
- MAGIC WISHING RAINBOW - Your participant's wish comes true with a surprise gift! A lesson in eye contact and engagement.
- RAINBOW TO DOLLAR - You will conjure a rainbow from the air and transform it into real money your participant can keep!
- WISHING RAINBOW/RAINBOW TO ROSE - The magic rainbow is back and transforms into the gift of a rose. An effect sure to melt the heart and make a lasting memory.
- MAGIC BUBBLES - Enchanted bubbles become real in your participant's hand! This effect can silence crying children and might even get you a first-class airline upgrade!
- HINDU ROPE / RISING CARD - An immaculate rising card, totally impromptu, with a mythic presentation. Better than nearly any gaffed deck version.
- THE BEAD & STRING MYSTERY - Break free from bondage! A ritual of liberation that enpowers your participants to set their minds free.
- WORLD'S FASTEST HANDS - Jeff's super fast card opener: two participants' cards revealed-really really fast. A close-up illusion that defies explanation.
- NO SMOKING - A magical performance with the intention of healing and perhaps empowering your friends to quit smoking.
- THE POD BELT - Jeff shows you his survival accessory belt that has more toys and attachments than Batman!
- McWALLET - The signed card appears inside the wallet that is also inside a zippered pouch! A real world Card in Wallet that can be repeated multiple times. This has fooled the best!
21st Century Street Magic with Eugene Burger
Definition of Magician BONUS MATERIAL
Meet Jeff McBride
The Shaman's Drum
McTip #1 DISC 2: SURVIVAL MAGIC EFFECTS
- HOUDINI STRAIGHTJACKET - Abbi Spinner McBride's performance and explanation of the Houdini Straightjacket Challenge, with Eugene Burger giving historical background on this pack-small, play-big illusion.
- THE MAGNETIC CARDS - A modern version of Nate Leipzig's astonishing card levitation. A trance-inducing wonder!
- HEART CONNECTION - Make deep personal connections with two signed playing cards. More than a mere trick-it is real magic from the heart.
- PRISNA'S DANCING CANE - The evolution and revolution of the dancing cane in pop culture (performance only).
- THE SHARK FIN PIN - This little known close-up illusion even fools experienced magicians! A saftey pin rips through your jacket and leaves no trace!
- SAMINA'S "INTO GOLD" - A lesson in alchemy-from the scintillating sorceress-will teach you to change real lead into gold in the participant's hand.
- TRASH TO TREASURE - An enviro-magic experience that transforms garbage into glitter. Ecologically inspired conjuring.
- BUSINESS CARD CONNECTION - Jeff shares a few of his impromptu business card effects that ensure your business card gets kept and remembered. A networking solution to a modern problem.
- MCQUICK TIP TRICK - A super fast impromptu production and transformation of cards and money. Your participant keeps the money and your reputation builds as a real world wonderworker.
- McMINT - An ultra-modern version of Signed Card to Impossible Location using a breath mint case. This is a mini-illusion and Jeff's closer in his close-up show.
Traveling with Props
Interview with Sensei Strange BONUS MATERIAL
McTip #2 DISC 3: ART ATTACK
- THE CHEN LEE MCBURGER WATER SUSPENSION - Water magic that mystifies close up, parlor or stage. This combinatin of classic method and modern application creates a powerful impromptu effect with props you already own.
- WATER IN THE NEWSPAPER - Abbi McBride performs her commando-style routine in the round, under the Big Top at Burning Man center camp (performance only).
- JINKS - Performing in tandem, Abbi and Jeff present an in-the-hands Wild Card invented by the brilliant Gordon Bean. Introducing the Spinner Count.
- LISTEN TO THE MUSTN'TS - Inspired by Tracey Atterberry and Shel Silverstein, a tale of hope and courage. Blank canvases mysteriously paint themselves with images of your magical potential.
- HERMETIC STAR GAZER - Alan Wong created one of the great rubber band effects of our time. This is Jeff's lesson in alchemical geometry with guest participant Stephen Larsen. As above . . . so below!
- SPELLBOUND - Jeff's tips and subtleties on this classic coin routine.
- BURNING MAN IN THE HAND - A cutting edge presentation for the classic Okito Wicker Rising Doll. Burn baby burn!
- FIRE RITUAL- A ceremony of enchantment where burning intentions manifest into reality with a flash of fire.
About Burning Man
Simplicty BONUS MATERIAL
You've seen Jeff McBride featured on A&E's Mindfreak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and VH-1's Celebracadabra. Now you can see Jeff in action performing his magic at one of the wildest places in the world, the Burning Man Art Festival.
But this is far more than just a performance video. It is a teaching video, an exploration that searches for the very heart and soul of magic. Here is an inside look into the lifestyle of one of the world's great magicians and how and why he seeks inspiration. Magic at the Edge offers magic for all skill levels, with commentary from Eugene Burger and Jeff's wife, Abbi McBride. They share their philosophies and techniques on performance. They teach you how you can add more meaning to your existing routines and use your magic to teach powerful lessons. Polish the magic you already perform and experience the wisdom of these masters of the art. Disc One Running Time
Approximately 2hr 11min Disc Two Running Time
Approximately 1hr 57minDisc Three Running Time
Approximately 1hr 33min
Have a question about this product?
2 of 2 magicians found the following review helpful:
First off, I'm a fan of Jeff's material. This DVD brings some very simple effects to you in Jeff's
unique style. I don't agree with his magical philosophy 100%, but there's plenty of material for
beginners and pro's alike. I would definitely recommend this set more for beginners, however. But
at $75...I feel it's a bit steep for what you get. I think I paid around 50 and still felt it
was a bit much for the type of magic he was teaching. It was very simple stuff. Fun to watch, but
I probably won't incorporate much of it.
2 of 2 magicians found the following review helpful:
First off, I would like to say that I had heard interesting things about this DVD set from friends
who had it... I had heard a lot about it, some good things and some bad. However, the format of this
DVD and the list of things it covered was interesting and I had to pick up a copy.
like to start by talking about the format. This DVD is different than any I had ever had before;
basically, it is a bunch of live performances of little tricks and stunts that really are what we
expect to come from Jeff McBride. Simple, minimalist, effective magic. All incredibly organic and
you can tell that this material works by the reactions it receives. All of the live clips are filmed
at the Burning Man festival, which is an interesting place within itself.
All of those
things make the performances incredibly entertaining and a worthwhile learning experience.
Then comes the explanations. The explanations for this DVD set are all filmed in the format of a
lecture. If you aren't familiar with lectures, this is a good way to become familiar with them. If
you ARE familiar, you know how entertaining and interesting they are.
All of the effects
are explained well and in an entertaining way. As embarrassing as it is, I do recall standing up and
laughing, clapping and responding to parts of the DVD set because of how realistic the lecture feel
If any of that sounds intriguing, I recommend this DVD set. If you aren't a fan
of Jeff McBride or simplistic magic, this isn't for you.
More Featured Magic Tricks
Act Builder beta
Top Recent Reviewers
- Stephanie Bea..
- Kevin Bryan
- Joshua Coleman