Because Carl works at an outdoor resort/restaurant in the South Pacific, a jacket would not only look out of place, but downright uncomfortable. The effects on this DVD are of the pack small play big variety. They were developed to be carried without a bag, box, briefcase, or bulging pockets. All of the finely honed effects from Carl's professional repertoire can be performed in short sleeves and surfer shorts! In other words, "NO JACKET REQUIRED!"
This DVD contains some super close up effects that Carl uses regularly at a restaurant in Hawaii. All of the effects fit in your pockets, are easily reset, and can be performed without a jacket. Perfect for restaurant workers or for those that just want to travel light and be prepared to do magic apparently impromptu.
- Pair o' dice - This is one of Carl's effects that magicians all over the works have been begging him to tip. I was very happy to see this one on the tape. The 'move' will take some practice, but it is well worth the time and effort. A great strolling effect, all you need is a un-gaffed pair of dice.
- Ain't No Mo - This one is my favorite. I recently performed this one on a local TV show. It is the perfect sponge ball routine with some great patter to boot! The effect is surprising to the spectator, the magic happens in their hands, it is just as strong for kids as it is for adults, it packs small, and the props cost almost nothing. Hard to beat if you ask me.
- Black Jack - You offer to teach your spectator to play Blackjack. You do just that while finding a selected card with a surprising transpo. The set up is so simple that you could do it in a second in front of the spectator.
- B.S. 101 - A real funny way to answer the question 'show me a trick' The end of the routine uses Daryl's 'Hot Shot Cut' which is a difficult move. But Carl does show the move in the explanation section.
Carl's Card On Ceiling - Carl's version of the Card on Ceiling. Easy handling and enjoyable patter.
- Double Scotch and Soda with a Twist - This is another that I really liked. It is an un-gaffed Scotch and Soda with the surprise of two completely different coins at the end in the spectators' hand. The handling is not at al difficult and the routine is a lot of fun.
Sweet & Slow - A great restaurant routine. A sugar packet is emptied and the sugar is poured out. The packet is restored with more of Carl's great patter.
- Hula-Fusion - A great couples routine. A version of the anniversary waltz trick, but really simplified and can be done 'impromptu' Very strong for couples, and a sure tip getter!
- Lei'd Back - A great effect for the kids. You notice that the tag in a child's shirt is sticking out and offer to tuck it in. But when you do, you end up removing a very long streamer much to the child's surprise. The streamer is maid into a Hawaiian Lei and is given to the child. A great and inexpensive give away.